Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Combat Tips

• 17-04-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Have any of you gotten into fights with creepers,zombies,spiders or even skeletons & lost? Well I have a few combat tips I got from fighting them!
    When you are ever fighting zombies or creepers try get the high ground and smack them as they advance this causes normal damage or even fall damage if your high enough ( i,e a cliff )
    If a skeleton decides to shoot you strafe to you're left or right to avoid arrows & also try to get in between a skeleton & another monster to have a chance for the skeleton to hit the other monster making them fight back.
    Spiders! Have you ever gotten in to a mess with a spider or two? You should try this! If they decide to jump on your roof this is an advantage break 1 block its on. Note the Spider is 2x2 and 1x1 so it wont fall down the 1 block hole it needs 4 blocks to go but they can crawl through 1 block gaps so you can attack them from under them.
    If they are on the same level as you dig 3 blocks down to have the same advantage but be careful of lava or other surprises!
    I hope these Combat Tips help you in a fight with these monsters!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If I'm up against a lot of mobs in a cave/dungeon, I'll try dig under them, drop out 1 block from their level so they'll fall in, and take swipes at their legs. Not the bravest of approaches, but it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Minecraft mobs aren't the smartest when it comes to pathing. They just walk directly towards you, making it very easy to get them stuck behind a wall or have them walk into a trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Minecraft mobs aren't the smartest when it comes to pathing. They just walk directly towards you, making it very easy to get them stuck behind a wall or have them walk into a trap.
    Skeletons? Directly? Straight?
    BitchPlease.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Botulism wrote: »
    Skeletons? Directly? Straight?
    Long range, different story :P

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Star_Cow

You strafe to avoid the arrows I already mentioned it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

Long range, different story :P

Also the fact that they try and find cover now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

NeosDex wrote: »
    Also the fact that they try and find cover now.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

Botulism wrote: »
    :eek:

Yup, multiple times i've been in caves and been toe to toe with a skeleton.. they'll hide behind pillars and start firing and returning to cover... :B DAMN YOU NOTCH!! :mad:

Advertisement