Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Best of YOU' thread

• 20-07-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Right, so after a lot of back-and-forth on the issue of self-promotion and feedback and so on, I'm going to add this thread at least. This is for the video that you are most proud of. If someone gave you one shot, one opportunity to promote your YouTube channel to the world, what video would you pick?

I'd like if people were watching the videos and comments here are allowed naturally. This is not a looking for feedback thread though - weigh in on that particular discussion about promotion HERE.

I am going to avoid posting a video of mine for the moment, because I am currently working on the video that I hope to feature. Looking forward to seeing what ye have in store though.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thank you for being the first to take the spotlight and the pressure which that entails. I'll admit I'm not a huge WoW player (and by that I mean I've never played it!), but the vid was well put together. Music was synced well and I liked the extra touches (use of the animation - we've all been there with server drops - and the snapshot photography).

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Oh christ theres a decision....I suppose I'll have this post as a placeholder anyway.

I would have to choose a gameplay/commentary video where myself and one of the lads decided to drink and record ourselves playing PS2. Sounds weird, I know.
    Atkins & Dave Play : Return of the King

The reason I picked this video is because its exactly what I wanted to end up making when I started recording.
    I wanted to have fun playing games with others and be able to watch it back or upload it if it was funny.
    Its not even one of the more popular videos I uploaded, but I could re-watch it endlessly and still enjoy it.
    I considered picking a MGS3 or DayZ video, but they more or less became part of a small series and fizzled out in a way.

The same friend who I recorded the video with suggested that this was my best, and is quite adamant that the mini-trailer I throw together for Let's Plays are some of the best he's seen.
    I suppose if I had to choose one or gameplay and one for editing, the above would get it for gameplay but this would get it for editing.

Overall I would still pick the LOTR video, because I had fun recording it really. I have been considering getting more into purely editing lately. Trying to get the guys together to record is getting harder, and I've grown bored with recording on my own really.

I've gotten comments suggesting such and such a video is great and should be continued, but my I still stick to my own favourites really. It still gets put up as the channel's main video now and then. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Ropedrink I usually wouldn't look at a WOW video at all, but I really enjoyed the music and the editing there!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Would it be against what you want for this thread for me to pop up 2 videos Sabre? I do some very different things on my vids (straight commentated match ups then tutorials and the like the odd time).

Yup, work away Doom.

🤪

• Advertisement

Only got to watch the trailer so far Mitch, but looks really good. Nicely done! Maybe a couple of instances where I would have had a transition sooner or later (to match a beat that I've picked out), but a really good trailer.

🤪

About as good as it's going to get for me :D (at long last)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Angeles

I have 2 video's if that's ok, out of the 70 or so i put up -
    The first is mass effect 3 animation and i put this as my main simply because of the work that went in to it.
    I spent 100's of hours every evening after work drawing all these little images and editing them into a 5 min little film about mass effect 3

My goal was to take the piss a bit out of the ending and make an enjoyable watch. Its a pity it never picked up but I'm still quite proud of it non the less, if anything i learned quite a bit about animation

The second is more to show what i wanted to do with the channel which was to help people be better at gaming content so i had started a tutorial on macro and keybinding for mmo's, more specifically star wars when it released. This one got a lot more attention over the last 8 or so months.

Both kinda show what i want my channel to be about which is learning something in gaming and taking the piss out of it too.. its all meant to be fun :) so why not get the best out of it.

Unfortunately it doesn't feel that way and every time i try really hard to promote a new video, it doesn't seem to get any attention which can be very depressing, but out of the few subs i have made during the time, i hope i can at least give them something new and fun to watch regularly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So, my channel has had a recent influx of new blood, so I've started a series where I do highlights (generally amusing ones) from the old videos for the newer viewers.

The idea is to humanise the players on the channel and get people interested in them, and their rivalries, ect, while at the same time making a mock tutorial.

Thus was born "Fighting Game Fundamentals".

Here's the playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU277s-t8KNI2N_ztxfM07VDi-1xG61SE

Any thoughts, I'd be delighted to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Hey guys, thought I would pop this up here. It's my second montage but one with a difference. Common consensus in the Battlefield community is that the quality of gameplay is dropping quite severly, so I thought I would do a PTFO Montage to show noobs how to get that win.

Let me know what you guys think, any flaws or issues you see etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Infernikus

That would have to be any of my "My gaming History" Series. I put so much work into these videos and I really likes the results of them.
    Im not great with links here so here is a link to the entire playlist :P

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWa1xCnzK97DWL0FFh0a3wk2mUhc2Ocnq

Advertisement