Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Officer

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Daith wrote: »
    Well she couldn't be a standard FO because she wasn't Starfleet. I don't think she would have to perform crew evaluations for the Starfleet crew when she didn't go through the Academy herself.

She led away teams a few times. I remember when her taking command of the Defiant to find out what the Klingon's were looking for. Let's face it though DS9 had far less away missions than any other Trek show.

She did take command of the Defiant when Sisko was unable to in Tears of the Prophets. Even over Worf! Then she was running the station at the start of season 7. Defying the Federation when the Romulans were putting weapons on a Bajoran moon.

And the Bajoran liaison stuff was brought up a few times. However when Sisko accepted the Emissary job well he didn't really need a liaison officer cos well he was part God to them.

I think though even if Kira wasn't a model FO she couldn't have been expected too. However she was hands on, capable of running mission. Had the respect of the crew. Easily able to take command and point out when she thought people were stupid.

Far too much "stick it to the man" attitude though, for someone in a position of authority

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Oh and I always thought Riker should have died at the end of Second Chances and been secretly replaced by his transporter twin Thomas. It would have been a brilliant twist.

Originally the writers wanted to kill Will and promote Data to First Officer with Thomas Riker taking ops.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Originally the writers wanted to kill Will and promote Data to First Officer with Thomas Riker taking ops.

Yeah right??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Later years Spock - Still had the intellect and also common sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

IvySlayer wrote: »

Wonder if that idea was in some part responsible for the strange Data death in Nemesis, ideas seem close.

That photo with LeVar Burton as director, his shirt looks like something out of the oddball non-Starfleet clothing that the Star Trek casts wore on screen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

That photo with LeVar Burton as director, his shirt looks like something out of the oddball non-Starfleet clothing that the Star Trek casts wore on screen.

Nah man, that was fashion in LA at the time

I guess not only the character he plays was blind :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Nah man, that was fashion in LA at the time

You got to think that the pattern even slightly has that strange Trek look to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Far too much "stick it to the man" attitude though, for someone in a position of authority

That gradually got written out, & Kira became quite reasonable & trusting in later seasons. I think that's perfectly fitting of someone in the start who didn't want Starfleet around, but then seen the good in it & got on with the job.

She's not the angry little woman people say she is for the whole series.

• Advertisement
Advertisement