Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebase fonthill closing sale

• 11-09-2013 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Another DIY gone

Was over today some 50% ,35% and lots 25%. been clean out in certain parts but they are dropin prices as time goes..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Everything 50% today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

No great loss, was always seriously overpriced.
    50% off has probably brought them down to normal prices now.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,542 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Dunno CreepingDeath, Homebase is generally a good bit cheaper than Woodies / Atlantic. Had some serious bargains on plants there over the years too.

Shop was always quiet though, I'd say they made a loss from day 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Does anyone know if you can return reduced items bought in the font hill homebase? Bought two things last week; ones broken and I didn't realise I already had the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Is it closed now ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hipdoobloon

Nope not yet & it's closing on either the 9th or the 12th of October I can't remember Whitch date and I was there on Sunday & there's very little left at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Nope not yet & it's closing on either the 9th or the 12th of October I can't remember Whitch date and I was there on Sunday & there's very little left at this stage

Ah well thanks anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Was there yesterday they were giving refunds to people with receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

yellow hen wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can return reduced items bought in the font hill homebase? Bought two things last week; ones broken and I didn't realise I already had the other!

they told me at point of sale that i had up until saturday to return everything. I didnt make it up so rang Homebase in Gullivers retail park on sunday and asked and they initially said No, i couldnt return my items to their branch, then after I explained the receipt didnt mention this anywhere, they said it was fine.

and when i went to do the refund, the sales assistant didnt actually comment at all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Anyone know if there is anything left at this stage? Looking for a new mixer shower and wondering if there is any point going over for a nosey on the off chance of a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Ceriousone

Anyone know if there is anything left at this stage? Looking for a new mixer shower and wondering if there is any point going over for a nosey on the off chance of a bargain.

was there 2 days ago and there was not a lot left at all. the second floor of teh shop was closed and all remaining stock was on the near empty shelves and on pallets on the floor.

There was some shower equipment left but I didn't take too much notice.
    If you are looking for something very specific I think you would be lucky to get it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Where else are there hombase stores. I have a voucher for these guys.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Where else are there hombase stores. I have a voucher for these guys.

NOt sure what part of Ireland you are in but on the facebook they have a list of stores and phone numbers,

I think the only stores that are closing are Fonthill, Carlow and Castlebar so you should be able to use vouchers in any other store.

Limerick 061-208797
    Silgo 071-9113128
    Waterford 051-844017
    Dublin Nass Rd 01-4569044
    Drogheda 041-9874417
    Longford 043-3342396
    Killarney 064-6623138
    Letterkenny 074 91 06308
    Dublin santry 01-8940198
    castlebar 094-9051228
    Dublin fonthill 01-6233866
    Dublin nutgrove 01-4916077
    Carlow 059-9173059
    Portloaise 057-8688764
    Navan 046-9031084

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hardwareguy

I see Fonthill is to remain open, did it close last week and is it to reopen ? I presume most of the stock was sold off in the closing down sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh that's good news! The place was entirely cleared out and closed last week, I was wondering why the lights were still on...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

I see Fonthill is to remain open, did it close last week and is it to reopen ? I presume most of the stock was sold off in the closing down sale!

Sign outside on Saturday " Great new store opening soon"

Place was totally cleared out before they closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

If folks are interested pigsback have a 15% off voucher on their site to celebrate the re opening of Homebase Fontill

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

ladysaint wrote: »
    If folks are interested pigsback have a 15% off voucher on their site to celebrate the re opening of Homebase Fontill

On the readio earlier 20% off I think was for the weekend, but not 100% sure.

EDIT: Listened to it again, the 20% is on Friday.

Advertisement