Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maverick Sabre "lonely are the brave"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Rap vs Hip-Hop music, fairly standard. Not everyone agrees, obviously, everything is relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Rap vs Hip-Hop music, fairly standard. Not everyone agrees, obviously, everything is relative.

fairly certain hugh has me on his ignore list so i wasted my time even replying to his ridiculous post in the first place.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    fairly certain hugh has me on his ignore list so i wasted my time even replying to his ridiculous post in the first place.

Calling Mav not hip-hop was even more ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Calling Mav not hip-hop was even more ridiculous.
    i bought mav's cd the other day, looked in the hip hop section for 37 minutes, told the guy behind counter he was wrong when he said mav wouldnt be in hip hop as my mate conor told me he was hip hop.
    jesus christ was i embarrassed when it turned out toby was right.:o

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    i bought mav's cd the other day, looked in the hip hop section for 37 minutes, told the guy behind counter he was wrong when he said mav wouldnt be in hip hop as my mate conor told me he was hip hop.
    jesus christ was i embarrassed when it turned out toby was right.:o

I bought KRS-ONE from the r&b section, does not make him r&b.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Refer to post #28 in this thread before you post again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

do posters not determine the the subject/direction of a thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

If maverick sabre didn't start to sing then we would not be talking about him ere, he said it himself before, that when he stood up and rapped at gigs people laughed because of his accent, in the songs 'open my eyes' and 'sometimes' he raps on the verses but with rhythm and rhyme. The problem is lads he has got, lets face it an irish accent and i don't mean to be starting trouble ere but irish rappers are never gonna become superstars. I think maverick saber knew this and worked very very hard to make his music and his voice more appealing to a wider audience. I think he the most intelligent and talented artists to ever come out of this country since bono. Now i don't think this country was very welcoming to him according to this lyrics but he did come back and shoot his new video in new ross. So ireland must have a place in his heart thank god. Now one more thing from reading about him, he adores bob marley and i think this influenced his voice and rapping style. I remember years ago hearing him on the internet when he was only 14 or 15, and i knew straight away he gonna be a superstar. I was only young myself and i put loads of people on to his bebo and myspace pages so instead of people fighting about what genre he his, go out and buy his album!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭diamondtooth

I went to Mavericks sold out gig in the Academy last night. It was brilliant. He sang really well and even though his album is only out a few weeks, lots of the crowd knew his songs lyrics. Really enjoyed this gig and he seemed delighted to be getting such a good response from the crowd.

And his show in Glasgow tonight is sold out too, and his album has spent 3 weeks in the UK top 10 so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

He playing in the inec in killarney shortly too...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭bureau2009

I went to Mavericks sold out gig in the Academy last night. It was brilliant. He sang really well and even though his album is only out a few weeks, lots of the crowd knew his songs lyrics. Really enjoyed this gig and he seemed delighted to be getting such a good response from the crowd.

And his show in Glasgow tonight is sold out too, and his album has spent 3 weeks in the UK top 10 so far!
    I rated him from the first time I heard him! Star Quality, and, most important, great songs.

Advertisement