Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videos of Feats of Strength and Strength Sporting performances.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hanley wrote: »
    Hmmm.. how'd you find out about him eh? :D:D

he's on the powerlifting watch main page this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

He could have gotten another rep out of that I reckon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

he's on the powerlifting watch main page this morning...

Damn.
    Dathai wrote: »
    He could have gotten another rep out of that I reckon.

I don't... look how out of position he gets and how hard he has to fight to finish as a result!!

I think he misjudged his depth and went too far which caused him to slump and then struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

• Advertisement

Dathai wrote: »
    I think he misjudged his depth and went too far which caused him to slump and then struggle.

I think he always squats like that. I think that because I've followed him for the last 2+ years.

I also think that the weight was really really heavy, which could potentially make it difficult to control.

I also think that seeing a bar move really fast for an equipped lifter can give a false sense of just how hard the lift was.

Ok. I don't follow him or any lifter, I'm just basing that opinion off of that clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Oldie but goodie.
    Check out who's judging.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gstack

who is the beast helping lift the bar off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Haters be hating........this is one big ass squat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Thud

this was over in the A/R/T forum, impressive for a 16 year old:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Da Za wrote: »

The first one was a mile high so I stopped watching.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hater

Hater

That's me told.

Seriously though, WTF is with that fed and their non squats?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Beautiful lifting:

No comparison between this, and some of the SPF squats

That's me told.

Seriously though, WTF is with that fed and their non squats?

Been meaning to reply, well not to just this, for a few days.

The SPF have their own rules and what form of gear you can use.

You cannot compare multi-ply lifting to Raw lifting.

It's like comparing F1 to rally driving, yes I'm using Hanley's analogy, where it's just incomparable.

The equipment used requires a huge amount of technical skill which I think is forgotten about when people (who would get crushed under those weights) forget about.

I admire multi-ply lifting, there are insane weights lifted that the body normally could not handle. I also respect it a huge amount.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. If you haven't competed before then compete and lift and you may realise it's hard f*cking work. You can compete in any Fed you like.

This wasn't directed particularly to you Brian, it's just my own opinions on the matter.

Don't knock ****e until you try it!!

It's like comparing F1 to rally driving, yes I'm using Hanley's analogy, where it's just incomparable.

The equipment used requires a huge amount of technical skill which I think is forgotten about when people (who would get crushed under those weights) forget about.

I admire multi-ply lifting, there are insane weights lifted that the body normally could not handle. I also respect it a huge amount.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. If you haven't competed before then compete and lift and you may realise it's hard f*cking work. You can compete in any Fed you like.

This wasn't directed particularly to you Brian, it's just my own opinions on the matter.

Fair enough. Just for the record I have nothing againest equipped lifting. What I don't like is the fact that lifts they ok wouldn't be leggit in any other feds, but then they claim squat/bench world records.

There is no doubt they work hard, very very very hard, so why not just judge the lifts correctly?

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Just for the record I have nothing againest equipped lifting. What I don't like is the fact that lifts they ok wouldn't be leggit in any other feds, but then they claim squat/bench world records.

There is no doubt they work hard, very very very hard, so why not just judge the lifts correctly?

I know exactly what you're saying.

Powerlifting is a very divided sport, those WR's would be SPF WR's. There are a tonne of WR's in powerlifting because of all the different Feds which is a shame.

That's the way that fed goes and how they run it.

I personally love seeing multi ply lifting and the sheer weights being moved.

One fed which I would love to compete in is the IPF, looking at the worlds recently it just shows what a set up they are. Pure class!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭daveyc21

17ce2_internet-memes-heaters-gonna-heat.jpg

Couldn't help it....

Bullsh*t.

The rules are the rules, and they're consistent across federations. Crease of the hip at the knee below top of the knee. Anything else is not a powerlifting squat.

The technique you need to use to allow that changes when wearing gear, but it's no excuse for not making depth.

I don't give a sh*t what anyone's wearing or how hard they're training. Gifts like that which are given in the SPF and other American feds do nothing but devalue real powerlifting achievments.

It's like starting a running federation and holding a meet to break the 1 mile world record. Everyone goes to it training really really hard, and then they race it over 1,200m and smash the record. It's not comparable and shouldn't be called the same sport.

If people want to gear up and squat high, whatever. But when they start claiming all time POWERLIFTING records it p!sses me off.

And it's not like it's impossible to hit depth in multiply suits with a sumo stance...

He has benched more than that.....

Now, I know we can't really judge them with accuracy, but they are both a LOT closer than that 1200lb squat vid. And both in multiply.

d'Oracle wrote: »

Now, I know we can't really judge them with accuracy, but they are both a LOT closer than that 1200lb squat vid. And both in multiply.

Hard to see and I wouldnt be the greatest judge , but they're not as obviously miles high as the first one.

Althoughthe spotter has him in a bear hug.... am I being a nit picking c*nt?

they/them/theirs

Russians!

Chakarov (think this is where "no no no" came from)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

That is really, really, really awful music.

Advertisement