Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Ros na Run is very good at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Ros na Run is very good at the moment!

Yes it is. Too bad about Maire's love child though, I wonder if Peader will ever find out?

Eoin is turning out to be a wee bit psycho.

edit: I just realized something. It's not Maire's love child but Sarah's.

Ah is that what it is?! I was wondering! I knew there was some twist!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Ah is that what it is?! I was wondering! I knew there was some twist!

I thought it might be Peadar's love child. I know in earlier stories it was mentioned that Maire was pregnant at the time they got married and it was not Peadar's child. That baby died, but it seems a bit far fetched to introduce another love child for Maire.

Of course being far fetched does not mean it won't happen! Anything can happen in Ros na Run!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭pooch90

How do you figure that?
    I'm just confused by the whole thing!
    I reckon Eoin will change his mind and realise he loves his new family, obvs only if he doesn't bust Eimear with the stick in the woods!!

pooch90 wrote: »
    How do you figure that?
    I'm just confused by the whole thing!
    I reckon Eoin will change his mind and realise he loves his new family, obvs only if he doesn't bust Eimear with the stick in the woods!!

I thought the actress who was playing the so called daughter was kind of old to be playing a child of Maire's so it might of been Sarah's. However after tonight's episode I think she was the mother and younger actress is the daughter aka love child.
    wait now I'm confused too.

So do you think something is going to happen between Eimer and Eoin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭pooch90

The trailer at the end of Tuesday's show showed Eoin and Eimear in the woods. I watch it the day after it's shown so haven't seen last night's yet.
    Just watched it and I reckon you're right that its the younger one that's the love child. Maybe with the fella Peadar found the letter about that Máire loved when she was dating Peadar first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The same woods where Daniel McLoughlin buried a body, fado, fado?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

madmaggie wrote: »
    The same woods where Daniel McLoughlin buried a body, fado, fado?? :eek:

Bring back Daniel!!! Wait, did he die? I forgot how he left... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

wasn't it Tina that killed him but made it look like a suicide? I remember her spiking a drink or something and then leaving the empty tablet box near him. Who did he bury?

julyjane wrote: »
    wasn't it Tina that killed him but made it look like a suicide? I remember her spiking a drink or something and then leaving the empty tablet box near him. Who did he bury?

He killed Ann Marie, who I think he was dating at the time... Don't remember much about her, except that Frances was a mate of hers who came looking for her after she "disappeared" which is how Frances ended up in Ros na Rún. I remember Tina poisoning him alright, but couldn't remember if he actually died or not...

He killed Ann Marie, who I think he was dating at the time... Don't remember much about her, except that Frances was a mate of hers who came looking for her after she "disappeared" which is how Frances ended up in Ros na Rún. I remember Tina poisoning him alright, but couldn't remember if he actually died or not...

Yes I am pretty sure he died. Thats why Tagdh called her the black widow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

pooch90 wrote: »
    The trailer at the end of Tuesday's show showed Eoin and Eimear in the woods. I watch it the day after it's shown so haven't seen last night's yet.
    Just watched it and I reckon you're right that its the younger one that's the love child. Maybe with the fella Peadar found the letter about that Máire loved when she was dating Peadar first.

Well, I looked at the UPC guide for next week when I was at my parents house the other day and it said something like
    "Máire tries to stop Peadar taking a taxi call - is Peadar about to meet his daughter?"
    . But I don't know if that means anything, because it could just be the question that viewers are asking (the one for last week said "Who is the woman Máire's going to meet?" so...).

But it wouldn't make any sense if
    the love child was both Máire's and Peadar's, because how would she have hidden that from him for, what, 40 years? And why would she have hidden from it from him in the first place?

I dunno, the idea of Máire having a love-child doesn't tally with her whole character anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I don't know how to spoiler tag on my phone but this is only total speculation anyway not a spoiler. what if it was peadar had a love child with another woman before they married and she was a friend of Maire? not unheard of in those times a young woman becoming pregnant and going off to a home and the baby's father none the wiser.

the sky tv guide next Thursday refers to something else that is a spoiler

:eek: Peadar!!!

Did not see that one coming... Plot Twist!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

(Using spoilers in case anyone waits for the omnibus)
    Woah, so it's Peadar who had the love child(ren)?! :eek: But are we to assume Máire knew all along or...? Surely she would have been angry to find out otherwise, none of this "Peadar would be broken-hearted if he knew". This Eibhlín woman knew Máire, so were they friends? There's no way Máire could have kept it quiet for decades. I can't figure out the timeline at all - is this before he met Máire? After? (In holy Catholic Ireland...). Or is this all gonna turn out to be a huge misunderstanding of some sort?

So many questions :P

Could someone please remind me who Vanessa and Fia are in the family? I remember those characters were in RnR years back, but lost track. Thanks.

Could someone please remind me who Vanessa and Fia are in the family? I remember those characters were in RnR years back, but lost track. Thanks.

Liam (Peadar and Máire's son) married Vanessa after he split with Bernie, and Fia was their daughter.

Many thanks for that. I forgot about that split, I remember Liam being killed in the fire. It's starting to come back to me...... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Madmaggie, Robbie and Sean were killed in the fire. I believe Liam died in the States...I think he drowned or something. I haven't seen the reruns of the old episodes to that point yet.

maureencol wrote: »
    Madmaggie, Robbie and Sean were killed in the fire. I believe Liam died in the States...I think he drowned or something. I haven't seen the reruns of the old episodes to that point yet.

I think Liam died saving Seamus from a fire in his house. That was a different fire to the one that Robbie and Sean died in a few years previously. Ros na Run is a dangerous place!

Yeah Liam died saving Séamus from a house fire several christmases ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

maureencol wrote: »

I think it was the petrol station that caught fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

branie2 wrote: »
    I think it was the petrol station that caught fire.

I think Tadhg (who else!) set fire to it or paid someone else to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

You're right there, and Vanessa set out to prove it.

Whew, thought I was cracking up there for a minute, but yes, Liam did die saving Seamus and Colin. Did he go back in for a dog or cat?? Back to now, I wonder what will happen with Jason/Lee? I thought she was pretty meek the way she simply packed the bags and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Whew, thought I was cracking up there for a minute, but yes, Liam did die saving Seamus and Colin. Did he go back in for a dog or cat?? Back to now, I wonder what will happen with Jason/Lee? I thought she was pretty meek the way she simply packed the bags and left.

Yes, that was ridiculous! She put up no fight at all - just packed her bags
    because Jason said he would not let her near the baby ever again!! Some
    of the recent scripts in RnR have been well below par. That story with
    Peadar is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 siochain705

Wow, Jason is mr. emotional rollercoaster. He's way too ready to take someone else's side against his wife. I can't find a clue as to whether or not Lee really disappears for a while! Nice final scene by Róisín Ní Chualáin. Of course, it can't be too hard for anyone with a heart to imagine that heartbreak!

I find the plotline with Peader interesting. It really puts him in the driver's seat. It must be terrible for Máire to imagine what life would have been like if he had not decided to be with her, just as it must be exciting for him to imagine the possibilities.

Cathal makes me crazy. Why does Bernie put up with him? Seriously, what the heck does he have going for him that would make it worth it for her?

The tough part about Thursdays is how long it will take to get to Tuesday again!

• Advertisement

Poor Lee. She is so stressed. She is clearly not able to cope and depressed, yet noone seems to notice or want to help her. You would think Berni would notice the signs but I guess she has an awful lot on her own plate at the moment....

I may be one of the few but I actually feel sorry for Cathal. He knows his cousin was murdered and wants justice for him but the gardai have dropped the case and everyone else seems to have forgotten about Dara already...

Advertisement