Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 2 - Week 14 Report

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

SantryRed wrote: »

Also, we do now have another new player who has taken over the Seahawks. So welcome NukaCola to the league :)

Excellent news, just in time for the big 49ers/Seahawks game next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yep i think thats fine, however if he doesnt get it back we're all going to be :mad::mad: :D

Eh are we? :rolleyes:

Nah, hope he does get it back but don't win please!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭nerd69

Also, we do now have another new player who has taken over the Seahawks. So welcome NukaCola to the league :)

welcome nukacola :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

While we're waiting for the Bears to get back, anyone want to do some previews for week 15? I'll do Chargers-Bills if someone else will do Raiders-Bears.

I will do the Raiders v Bears.

Matthew wins so I still have a chance of getting into the playoffs or else I kick him out of the league :mad::mad::mad:

Edit - think thats right now, sorry AliG just sheer anger and frustration coming out there. ha. Matthew - I won't even mind if MJD beats Chris Johnson in rushing, once you beat the Bears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Raoul wrote: »
    I will do the Raiders v Bears.

MadAliG wins so I still have a chance of getting into the playoffs or else I kick him out of the league :mad::mad::mad:

But but im neither the raiders or the bears....this is so unfair ;-)

Let me get this clear right away. Neither of these teams are any good. They're not going to give any teams trouble if they go to the playoffs, but they both just want to stop the Raiders reaching the playoffs. The Ravens are in on this plan too, giving the Bills a free win in week 10. The winner of this match will become the anti-Raiders in the hunt for the last wildcard spot.

Offense
    TJ Yates is the Chargers starting QB, but Antonio Gates is a weapon that is tough for any defense to handle. Even my Raiders were at times overwhelmed. There's really very little at WR, with Desmond Seastrunk and Roy Williams the best options. One thing to watch for is when the Chargers come out in the trips formation, they have a special play that is their ace in the sleeve. The running game is formidable, with LeGarrette Blount the starting running back. He has had a fair few games with over 200 yards.

As for the Bills, their offense isn't up to much. They were horrific against my Raiders, though that was without Arian Foster. Kyle Orton moves it down the field and Tim Tebow goes in for the kill in the red zone. They have their weapons, Vincent Jackson, Mark Clayton and Benjamin Watson but this is a run-first team. Arian Foster starts at HB but watch out for the speedy Danny Woodhead coming around the edge, on a toss, at the end of the half, when you only have to stop one play from going 80 yards *shudder* to go in with a lead at halftime. These HBs run behind Vonta Leach, the best blcoking FB there is, but he's useless if you need a FB to gain a yard.

Defense
    The Chargers defense is a mixed bag. They have had 4 games against other players since the new gm arrived, and in a game against the Raiders and one against the Broncos they were terrible, giving up 38 and 41 points, whereas they produced 2 outstanding performances against the Jets and broncos, containing them to 17 and 14 points. Some well-known names on this defense include Takeo Spikes, Leon Hall and Lance Briggs. This unit is very solid in downfield coverage but can be beaten on the short stuff.

The Bills defense is the only defense I never figured out (I figured out every other defense except the Jets, but I just gave up against that defense, so I really can't say much about them. There are household names in this defense, Jason Taylor and Troy Polamalu.

Prediction
    It's times like this I wish I was able to watch other Madden games, it should be a good match. I think the Chargers will win by a few points. But because one of these teams has to win, the real loser is humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Just got Xbox back anyone know the pass word to rejoin the franchise so I can get this game played

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

bfl2012 i think

Will Santry be on early enough to advance the league?

• Advertisement

bfl2012 i think

Thanks heli that's it

Thanks heli that's it

Why did you tell him!!! :mad: ha:pac:

10 - 3 to the Bears at half time. Come on Tom Brady!!!!

Looks like its all over for the Vikings 20-3 now in the 3rd quarter.

Edit - is it sad that on my lunch break I am watching game of thrones on my laptop cos I had to use my proper tv to see the score in this game.

Raoul wrote: »
    Why did you tell him!!! :mad: ha:pac:

10 - 3 to the Bears at half time. Come on Tom Brady!!!!

Looks like its all over for the Vikings 20-3 now in the 3rd quarter.

Edit - is it sad that on my lunch break I am watching game of thrones on my laptop cos I had to use my proper tv to see the score in this game.

I'm playing badly really rusty already thrown 3 picks luckily for me Tom Brady is even worse the last score was a pick six

Play the Raiders asap if you are playing badly :P. Ah you are still winning and thats all that matters.

Edit - I am tense here looking at this 20-13 score just waiting for it to flicker 20-20

Finished 20-13. Well done Paddy.

Yes, play the Raiders ASAP.

Bears win not a great game happy with the win frist time playing in almost to weeks

Ben you can advance the league now sorry to have kept everyone waiting this week.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Yes, play the Raiders ASAP.

I'm around tonight from eight if you can play then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Advance the league :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Won't be advanced until tonight lads.

Won't be advanced until tonight lads.

What time tonight?

And Bears I'm free all night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

we may need to extend the next gameweek a little for Easter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Lions DT Antonio Dixon got eight sacks in this weeks game against the Chiefs

How is that even possible? :eek:

Want to trade him to me? :)

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Lions DT Antonio Dixon got eight sacks in this weeks game against the Chiefs

How is that even possible? :eek:

Want to trade him to me? :)

I'm guessing the Lions used the same play for the whole game and that play made a big hole for the DT. I think this season's record is 9 in a game by Charone Sanders of the Jets.

matthew8 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the Lions used the same play for the whole game and that play made a big hole for the DT. I think this season's record is 9 in a game by Charone Sanders of the Jets.

Nope I didn't. 3 of the sacks actually came on the last drive where they were trying hail marys and just tried to take forever. The others just happened as normal. 1 fumble aswell.

Advertisement