Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep In Rollers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tinat1

Hi .. just got the new ones delivered to me today -- had the ones in pink bag they were good -- but a little too small - so came across this crowd in Dublin - [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Velcro-Sponge-Sleep-Rollers-
    Dublin
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Velcro-Sponge-Sleep-Rollers-Dublin/330947846961918
    -- think this is there website http://www.mysleeprollers.com

They deliver extra large rollers 20 rollers for 25 euros - which i was happy with considering buying them online before got me stung!..and anywhere that said they had them seemed to be always out of stock!.... anyone else tried these ones -- will let you know how it turns out tomorrow - hair very damaged from ghd - so need new alternatives cheers

MonaDD wrote: »
    Just bought them from a hair extension place in Grafton Buildings on South Anne Street- 21.99.

Do NOT buy them from http://www.velcrosleeprollers.com/

I ordered them from that site originally and was told they deliver within 3-5 working days. 6 weeks later I was still waiting, and all my contact with customer service (emails) had been ignored. Eventually complained on Twitter and they rang me. They were sooooo ignorant and patronising on the phone and not willing to admit the fault was with them. He was very rude about his Irish customers, so I had to just get a refund.

Delighted I found them somewhere else! :)[/couldn't agree with you more I had same experience -- they were disgraceful and I only got a response when i took to twitter - shouldn't have to come to that!]

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

millies.ie are stocking them now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

I saw them selling in a chemist on baggot street. Tempted.

well ladies -- just took them out -- hair is fab -- think the trick is damp hair and mousse will try post a pic - I have Kim Kardashin hair wooo hoo - think the bigger ones I got yesterday are definately better for volume -- good luck. this crowd i got them off deliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Can you get these on or very near Henry St anywhere?

Also my hair dries naturally quite thick, curly and a bit frizzy, would I need to blow dry straight before putting them in? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MonaDD

[QUOTE=tinat1;79493599 [ couldn't agree with you more I had same experience -- they were disgraceful and I only got a response when i took to twitter - shouldn't have to come to that!][/QUOTE]
    Yup, that's how I eventually got a response too! Disgraceful service! Glad you found better ones elsewhere! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Never heard of these before but they sound fab. Quick question though, how does the top/roots of your hair look when you've used them? While I'd.love Kate Middleton curls, I fear I might end up with Princess Anne roots.as well!

fiona-f wrote: »
    Never heard of these before but they sound fab. Quick question though, how does the top/roots of your hair look when you've used them? While I'd.love Kate Middleton curls, I fear I might end up with Princess Anne roots.as well!looks great - i just followed the viddo on the girls facebook page that i bought them off and it just gives a great lift to my otherwise dead hair!!]

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Can you get these on or very near Henry St anywhere?

Also my hair dries naturally quite thick, curly and a bit frizzy, would I need to blow dry straight before putting them in? Thanks[ I washed and dryed my hair as its frizzy -- i then filled a spay can with some water and dampened hair and put some mousse or my friend put hair spray in - I live in town and i think this crowd are based in \phibsboro but they delivered to me for 25 - good luck - lets know how you go i will try get my pics up later:D http://www.facebook.com/pages/Velcro-Sponge-Sleep-Rollers-Dublin/330947846961918http://www.facebook.com/pages/Velcro-Sponge-Sleep-Rollers-Dublin/330947846961918]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

If people are having problems sourcing them I got some Boots own brand sleep rollers a few weeks back because they were cheaper and they're brilliant! Work best with slightly damp hair and a little mousse. Also seen another version in Terrisales.

tinat1 wrote: »
    I washed and dryed my hair as its frizzy -- i then filled a spay can with some water and dampened hair and put some mousse or my friend put hair spray in - I live in town and i think this crowd are based in \phibsboro but they delivered to me for 25 - good luck - lets know how you go i will try get my pics up later:D http://www.facebook.com/pages/Velcro-Sponge-Sleep-Rollers-Dublin/330947846961918

just wondering how exactly you order from these guys? just facebook mail them? cant seem to see a website link, or any pricing details, on their page (i think fb may have recently changed how people can view shop pages tho)..

If anyone knows somewhere else to buy them in city centre it would be great, my GHD's broke so need something new :)

If anyone knows somewhere else to buy them in city centre it would be great, my GHD's broke so need something new :)

millies.ie & beautyemporium.ie both have them, I ordered mine from beautyemporium.ie €22.49 delivered 2 days after I'd ordered - happy out (going to try them over the weekend) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CherrySue

I bought them for €20.49 from Cloud10Beauty.ie and used them for the first time last night. My hair took 12 (Just below shoulders, average thickness) and they seem to have worked BUT when they say call them 'Sleep' rollers? They're anything but, absolute torture - I spent the night tossing and turning trying to get comfortable and when I did doze it was to dream about taking them out.

Can't see myself using them again unfortunately, the pay off just isn't worth losing a nights sleep for.

Ended up ordering mine from Cara pharmacy, they have 20% off everything at the min! worked out at 15€ or so a set, free shipping over €50 and was getting a few more bits so actually ended up getting two bags of the rollers :o (my hair is long and thick so I originally wanted one normal bag and the ten extra ones anyways, this worked out about the same).

hey -- first time i tried had same -- but then put them in slightly looser in so far as not realy tight on top and seemed work ok - -maybe give one other go as my hair is brill since i using them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Ended up ordering mine from Cara pharmacy, they have 20% off everything at the min! worked out at 15€ or so a set, free shipping over €50 and was getting a few more bits so actually ended up getting two bags of the rollers :o (my hair is long and thick so I originally wanted one normal bag and the ten extra ones anyways, this worked out about the same).

Love love love cara pharmacy. They are soooo cheap. 20% off ends Sunday at midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Just wondering if the pack you got from Cara had 10 or 20 rollers in the pack? I can't find any info regarding the number included per set under the product info. Currently on a bit of a shopping sprenzy with Cara now thanks to you! :D
    Ended up ordering mine from Cara pharmacy, they
    have 20% off everything at the min! worked out at 15€ or so a set, free shipping over €50 and was getting a few more bits so actually ended up getting two bags of the rollers :o (my hair is long and thick so I originally wanted one normal bag and the ten extra ones anyways, this worked out about the same).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Just wondering if the pack you got from Cara had 10 or 20 rollers in the pack? I can't find any info regarding the number included per set under the product info. Currently on a bit of a shopping sprenzy with Cara now thanks to you! :D
    Ended up ordering mine from Cara pharmacy, they
    have 20% off everything at the min! worked out at 15€ or so a set, free shipping over €50 and was getting a few more bits so actually ended up getting two bags of the rollers :o (my hair is long and thick so I originally wanted one normal bag and the ten extra ones anyways, this worked out about the same).

Now I am guessing you get two sets so 20 rollers in total. You could ring one of their stores tomorrow they have a few in Cavan, sligo, and Donegal I think! I bought
    Mine from hairdressers and got 2 packs so 20 rollers in that bag. Cara are so super cheap I highly doubt they would only give you 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Well I took the plunge anyhow and ordered, I'm sure there will be 20 in the set, will let you know once I get them however! :)

• Advertisement

question, what products (if any) is anyone using with them? it's so long since I used anything other than some oil / serum in my hair I haven't a notion :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lola.bella

Used them again last night, was up at 1 taking them out just to sleep..

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

I ordered mine tonight! So excited! Question - do you blowdry your hait first to add shine/eliminate frizz. Do you pit them in dry or damp hair?? Just want a few tips to get it looking as well as possible first time round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

This is where my gf got her,s and she love,s them!! http://www.facebook.com/HaloBeautySalon9 only in drumcondra

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

How many packets do you need. I have really long (down to bra) thick black hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

closifer wrote: »
    I ordered mine tonight! So excited! Question - do you blowdry your hait first to add shine/eliminate frizz. Do you pit them in dry or damp hair?? Just want a few tips to get it looking as well as possible first time round
    I put mine in when my hair is blowdried straight, practically dry but not bone dry if you know what i mean. Or if its straight day old hair too.I spritz a bit of hairspray in when they're all in and that's pretty much it.
    Quality wrote: »
    How many packets do you need. I have really long (down to bra) thick black hair?
    I use 2 packs (20 in total) in my hair which sound similar to yours. While they do velcro to your hair its best to use a kirby clip in each one to secure it a bit better. It might take a go or 2 to get used to sleeping in them as they're not the most comfortable but if you persevere you wont notice after awhile.

Mine just got delivered :)

Any products/mouses or anything I should use in my hair tonight before blowdrying straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BogManInc

Mind me asking how many come in a set? 10 or 20?

Any products/mouses or anything I should use in my hair tonight before blowdrying straight?

BogManInc wrote: »
    Mind me asking how many come in a set? 10 or 20?

20, doubt I'll need the extra ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 CherrySue

I've put up a post about them, ladies, with results pics, if you fancy checking it out... http://www.cherrysuedointhedo.com/2012/07/sleep-in-rollers-anything-but-sleep-in.html

Advertisement