Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moroccan Oil:

• 21-03-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Is this really as amazing as my hairdresser says it is?
    It seems a bit expensive for a tiny bottle.
    If it is as great as claimed does anyone know anywhere online you can get it cheap?

Comments

Argan oil?
    Supposed to be absolutely amazing for everything, scars, psoriasis, acne, never heard of hair mind you :)

wiki link!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rubywoo

I use the Moroccan Oil and I love it! No frizz, hair feels like it's in much better condition. it seems like a lot for the bottle, but I only use a 5c sized blob and it lasts for ages.
    I have not found it cheaper anywhere, but check beautyfeatures.ie, they stock it and you might get a discount code somewhere for that website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

rubywoo wrote: »
    I use the Moroccan Oil and I love it! No frizz, hair feels like it's in much better condition. it seems like a lot for the bottle, but I only use a 5c sized blob and it lasts for ages.
    I have not found it cheaper anywhere, but check beautyfeatures.ie, they stock it and you might get a discount code somewhere for that website.

Thanks I will check it out! I must buy some though, every hair dresser I have been to in the last 12 months swear by it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I read somewhere (can't remember where! :() that it is meant to be good for oily/greasy hair, is it?

I have very greasy hair (it needs to be washed every two days!:() so am on the lookout for something to help make it less greasy/oily.

I've tried not washing my hair for a few weeks but tbh, it stank and just became thick with grease, I had to wash it then, I couldn't leave it any longer, it was disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Another option is Orifluido - I have it and its meant to be very similar and its a lot cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Where did you get it ams?

Does anyone know if you can ingest it, the link woopsadaisydoodle(must give her her full title just cause I like it!)provided said you could dip bread and stuff and talked about its health benefits?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ciara95

My mams friend, who works in a hairdresser supply store amd is friends with lots of hairdressers, said she uses Almond Oil, well i think it was almond that she said? She has lovely glossy hair!
    Does anyone know if its almond oil? She said its a cheaper version of Morrocan Oil. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

ciara95 wrote: »
    My mams friend, who works in a hairdresser supply store amd is friends with lots of hairdressers, said she uses Almond Oil, well i think it was almond that she said? She has lovely glossy hair!
    Does anyone know if its almond oil? She said its a cheaper version of Morrocan Oil. Thanks.
    My nannie uses almond oil and swears by it.

I've heard loads of people say the Almond Oil is meant to be very good. I've never used it myself, so can't say what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

theg81der wrote: »

Does anyone know if you can ingest it, the link woopsadaisydoodle(must give her her full title just cause I like it!)provided said you could dip bread and stuff and talked about its health benefits?

Got mine in House of Colour. I love it - tames down the extra frizziness (I've curly hair) and was especially good on my dry ends (from highlighting).

There's more ingredients in it that just the oil, so this brand isn't suitable to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

my mam got me some of this from morocco. do u put in your hair after washing? i havent used it as dont no how :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Yeah, you massage it into wet hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

theg81der wrote: »

I got it in the hair supplies shop on the first floor of the Omni Shopping Centre in Santry.

Read about it here: http://lovelygirliebits.blogspot.com/2011/01/orofluido-review.html

If you say to the girl you are trade she will give you a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I have both the moroccanoil and the one called argan secret from Sally, they are both brilliant,
    I recently repeatedly bleached my hair to dye it brown and I credit the fact that I had no breakage to my use of moroccan oil for the last few months.

Coconut oil is really cheap and is fab as an overnight treatment for hair but moroccan oil is great because of the convenience of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

The oil seems expensive but you only use a tiny bit.
    I find it very good and very anti-frizz, hair in good condition and the bottle does last for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

got my moroccan oil from hqhair.com its lasted forever as you only use a tiny bit at a time. I have fina hair that needs to be washed every second day - I rub this through the ends when its damp and smooth a tiny bit on top I do find it makes my hair less greasy I've gotten three days out of it on occasion now by using dry shapoo with it.

The oil seems to make hair less frizzy and smoother.

Has anyone tried the shampoo amd conditioner? Have been wondering are they worth getting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Not sure about the shampoo and conditioner, I'm considering getting the conditioner though because it sounds fab, don't know if I really need it though, I also got the glimmer shine spray.....not worth it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭zoby

Dont want to sound stupid or anything :p

but

does the oil sink into the hair :confused:

Is it like frizz ease serum :confused::confused:

does it hold the curl without looking oily :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Grumpy_face

There is a place in Lucan area where you can get pure Moroccan Agran Oil 80ml bottle for €15 they also have Argan Oil face mask and soaps

cheers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Does anyone know if they'll ever bring back the morroccan / mircacle oil Aldi did a few weeks back?

I was telling everyone about it and to stock up, and in the finish I missed out on it myself, it was sold out everywhere.

I'm still raging I missed it! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Does anyone know if they'll ever bring back the morroccan / mircacle oil Aldi did a few weeks back?

I was telling everyone about it and to stock up, and in the finish I missed out on it myself, it was sold out everywhere.

I'm still raging I missed it! :o

Belle Morte Beauty did you get any feedback on it? To be honest I was the same told everyone about it but didn't buy any myself. After using morrocan oil and trying out practically every other cheaper alternative (penneys, orofluido, kerastase, mythic oil, oil arganic) I am back to morrocan oil, although it is pricey €38 for me it is by far the best!

• Advertisement

No alas I haven't had any feedback from it, but for the 3 quid or so it was, I was more than willing to stock up on it and report to the masses on it! hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

No alas I haven't had any feedback from it, but for the 3 quid or so it was, I was more than willing to stock up on it and report to the masses on it! hehe

I was given loads of free samples of oil arganic (the tan organic one) it probably came to 100ml and it was shocking. My hair is soooo dry and has never been greasy! The oil arganic just left my hair like a big greasy mess I actually had to wash it straight out needless to say I threw the rest of the samples in the bin it was sooo awful! Just to side track I was given a bottle of the lidl "suddenly Madame glamour" a week before the aldi oil was on special and let me just saw it is devine smells very like Chanel madamosielle doesn't last as long but i think it was only €3.50! This is what tempted me with the aldi oil! But I would live to hear feedback on it!

I have the Suddenly Madame Glamour inspired Chanel Madamosielle too and you're right, it's not bad at all for the price! Handy to leave in your handbag or car for a quick spritz and it's not something you'd be distraught over losing.

Y'never know, maybe Aldi will bring it back again if it proves popular and the demand is there, which I'm sure there is.

*Fingers crossed*

Millem wrote: »
    Belle Morte Beauty did you get any feedback on it? To be honest I was the same told everyone about it but didn't buy any myself. After using morrocan oil and trying out practically every other cheaper alternative (penneys, orofluido, kerastase, mythic oil, oil arganic) I am back to morrocan oil, although it is pricey €38 for me it is by far the best!

The only problem is all those products with Agran oil contain little bit of the actual argan oil, Peter Marks has the Moroccan Oil hair treatment for €38 but if you check the label it says there is only some percentage of the argan oil only the rest would be some other ingredients. The pure organic Moroccan agran oil I found in a small perfume shop in Eurasia Supermarket, they have 80ml bottle for €15 and 50ml bottle for €10. That's a bargain isn't it? :p

oh one more thing they also do agran oil clay and soaps

cheers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i have a bottle of it - brilliant miracle stuff i bought a few of mine in pennys i think they still sell them there not sure,you should check..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Moroccan oil is fairly amazing to be honest. I have fine bleached hair and it really does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭pinkyc

how do you use the morocan oil? you can get it in pennys now too =]

Advertisement