Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I got Mullin. It'll be my first year living on campus. Do many 3rd years live there or not........ also is there anywhere I can keep maaa bicycle?
    Well I hope I've passed my repeats or else I dunno what I'll be doing.

Loads of my 3rd year friends got campus for some reason this year. Even I did, but decided to live wuth friends. Don't worry, there is a good mix of years :)
    Also there are bike stand thingys beside the aparment doors, though some people just chained them to the stairs on the ground floor. Probably a bit safer, seeing as it is card key access and there is cameras there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 benbix

Hey I have a house in maynooth on parson street, hoping to fill it with music students like us, 2 spaces left.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You do have to rent the tv; it was 25 euro a month (so a fiver each) back when I lived in village. There nearly isn't much need to have a telly though, cuz pretty much everything you'd want to watch is on the internet anyway!

The internet in village is grand; it's wireless which is handy. Its quick enough like, definitely wouldn't say it was bad! You can't torrent on campus, but that's the only thing.

25 a month :O , i should start renting tvs to students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

i should start renting tvs to students

Much of a market for the auld shemales in Maynooth? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lithian

Hi,
    I am a 22 year old Erasmus Student from Germany, who will spend the next 9 months in Maynooth. I study Mathematics, I juggle, play the guitar and go skating... and I did not get an on-campus accomodation.:D So I am looking for a room in Maynooth. I would not like to live in a dig, but I would love to live together with other people, who are interested in a nice community.

I would be glad to hear from you!

Greetings
    Michael
    (maikel.hen@gmail.com)

• Advertisement

If you contact the maths department they can help you out as well, one of our postgrads might have a spare room. admin@maths.nuim.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Back to Maynooth, back to the Maynooth forum :D

In regard to the TVs in Village [I'm in Riordan too, did they just group all the Boardsies together?] is there Chorus NTL like in Rye Hall or will I have to stock up on DVD boxsets? [I hate watching things on the net]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Daemos wrote: »
    Back to Maynooth, back to the Maynooth forum :D

In regard to the TVs in Village [I'm in Riordan too, did they just group all the Boardsies together?] is there Chorus NTL like in Rye Hall or will I have to stock up on DVD boxsets? [I hate watching things on the net]

Apartment 3 by any chance? <.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

No, 5. But which room...? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mrjones31

has anybody heard when/if there's another draw for campus places on the way?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone know whats the latest you can move up on Sunday? Asking for my bro! Who got the same room that I got in 1st year, freaky...

So who's in Mullin this year?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

^ that is freaky!! I'm in Mullin, I think!

Anybody know if I can just move up any day? What are the reception opening hours for getting my key and all?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

I'm in Mullin as well! Whats the good/bad points ? Whats the story with renting the TV btw?

I think tomorrow anyway you can only get the key from the office place between 1pm - 6pm.

Yeah I'm fairly sure you can move up any day, everyone has different days for registration and that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm in Mullin as well! Whats the good/bad points ? Whats the story with renting the TV btw?

I think tomorrow anyway you can only get the key from the office place between 1pm - 6pm.

Yeah I'm fairly sure you can move up any day, everyone has different days for registration and that.

Mullin is great! Close to campus, brilliant craic! You don't have your own bathroom and the rooms aren't the biggest but I don't see either of those as problems. It is old so some things aren't always in the best of shape but be nice to Seamus and he'll try to sort you out!

Eh I never rented a tv. Never really needed to. One if my roomates brought her own tv up the first time and I just used my laptop to watch stuff last year.
    You'll get a flier through the door about it soon after college starts anyway. It's about 25p/m

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

If your planning to move in anytime after 6pm is there anyway of getting your key?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 seanypf

Hi. I'm mature 2nd year student looking for a double room in Maynooth. PM if anything available. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jellytotsx

Hi I have a single room available in Kilcock,1 min walk from train station. €70 weekly PM me asap if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

Hey my friend has a single room in Meadowbrook Avenue for €85 a week. They're all 2nd years in the house and they're all so lovely and easy to get along with. PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

Does that include bills? That's super expensive if it doesn't :pac:

It includes bins but not electricity.

• Advertisement

's seriously expensive. Sorry, I'm sure you're not the landlord and want to fill the room but I pay 10 euro less a week, landlord covers bins, my room is a double too!

It is a bit I guess, but I think a lot of people are paying around the same amount from what I've heard. I'm only just passing on the message though, one of them has dropped out and they're looking for a replacement. :)

Yeh, not giving out to you like :P Just letting people know you can get cheaper!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

Myself and 3 friends are looking for a 4bed house but cant find anything on daft.ie that will rent for the academic year :((

Any ideas where else to look?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sionnachrua

Have you called the landlords of the houses on daft? Try haggling them down to 10 months, maybe. Or offer to pay for the year, as long as the rent is reduced in the summer. Just because they say one year lease doesn't mean they won't be willing to cut it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Have you called the landlords of the houses on daft? Try haggling them down to 10 months, maybe. Or offer to pay for the year, as long as the rent is reduced in the summer. Just because they say one year lease doesn't mean they won't be willing to cut it!

Do this and don't accept higher rents for a shorter lease. Lectures start in 4 days, any landlord who hasn't filled a house at this stage is going to need to lower prices or they'll probably find themselves sitting on an empty house for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Did you try the housing list from the residence office?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Anyone know why the housing lists are local access only? Could really do with that this weekend, its a very weird set up that....:confused:

Anyone have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cowtipper

You could also tell the landlord you are willing to offer more than money!! wink wink!! nudge nudge!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 meabhl

Hi, two students looking for a twin room (or other if cheap enough) . We're in second year cant afford anything to fancy! pm me please if anyone knows anything? :) cheers

Advertisement