Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which country is the biggest threat to "World peace"?

• 02-03-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭sxt

George bush labelled Iran, Iraq, and North Korea as the axis of evil. The "rogue states" label was often used liberally in the western media to catergorize countries such as North Korea, Libya , Pakistan, Iraq , Iran , Cuba Syria, Sudan and Afghanistan

Iran poses zero threat to world peace, they would never in a million years attack Israel /America , because that would be a complete death warrant!

just because all these countries dislike everything America stands for, does not mean they are a threat to "world peace" !

Which country is the biggest threat to world peace? 507 votes

North Korea
    0% 0 votes
    Pakistan
    5% 28 votes
    Iran
    3% 16 votes
    Afghanistan
    14% 72 votes
    Cuba
    0% 2 votes
    U.S.A
    0% 1 vote
    Syria
    51% 261 votes
    Israel
    1% 6 votes
    Sudan
    23% 119 votes
    Scotland
    0% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Israel, America, the list goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

China.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

votecounts wrote: »
    Israel, America, the list goes on.

Didn't see that coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Acirema.

• Advertisement

44leto wrote: »
    China.

Is that sarcasm or do you really believe it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Biggest threat to World peace? World peace is under threat now is it????? Oh feck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

world peace?, I laffed! xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

America.

Mind your own fcuking business.

Duuude. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

jamaica

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Roy Lichtenstein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Louis Walsh....
    Oh, sorry I thought you said cúnt.
    Greenland, I vote Greenland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

M cebee wrote: »
    jamaica

Exactly, militant rastafarianism is the biggest threat to our way of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Germany is missing from that poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

There will never be world peace, but where is China in the poll considering their influence in Darfur, Sudan; and other african countris?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Switzerland, war mongering prícks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

charlemont wrote: »
    Is that sarcasm or do you really believe it ?

I really believe it, they are aggressive when it comes to Taiwan and they are claiming a number of disputed Islands of Japan. Sino/Japanese relationship is at a low at the moment, Japan is rearming but North Korea have a hand in that to.

China are also building offensive weapons like stealth Bombers and aircraft carriers, this could kick start another arms race. They are also gathering a bigger interest in Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

earpiece wrote: »
    Greenland, I vote Greenland.

Open your freezer doors and melt them ice-cubes. Death to the infidels. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

North Korea, they like world attention and if they don't have it they do something to get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Scotland clearly!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Scotland. Have you not seen there weapon of mass destruction?

d27f64a3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Pakistan,When the taliban get into power there will be some serious **** happening there,and India wont be to happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Syria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I didn't see Scotland on the list, definitely Scotland.Them Scots can be a cranky auld people :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

sxt wrote: »
    Iran poses zero threat to world peace, they would never in a million years attack Israel /America , because that would be a complete death warrant!

any country that has WMDs that is run by a zealot is a threat to world peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

This is just going to turn into a list of countries people don't like, with a few obscure ones thrown in for attention and with no reason given as to why.

Difficult to say which country is the biggest thread to world peace IMO. I assume there would need to be more factors than just a country. There are some extremely volatile places on that list, no doubt, but not powerful enough to affect peace on a global scale. I'm not part of the "I hate America" brigade at all, but given how powerful it is on the world stage, and its interference in foreign policy (justified or not) I don't think it's unreasonable to include it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Any nation where the men wear skirts, eat battered mars bars and like the sound of strangled cats must be a threat to world peace.

They have nukes as well.

realies wrote: »
    Pakistan,When the taliban get into power there will be some serious **** happening there,and India wont be to happy.

Yes, Very true and the end result will be very scary. Its the real dark horse..
    44leto wrote: »
    I really believe it, they are aggressive when it comes to Taiwan and they are claiming a number of disputed Islands of Japan. Sino/Japanese relationship is at a low at the moment, Japan is rearming but North Korea have a hand in that to.

China are also building offensive weapons like stealth Bombers and aircraft carriers, this could kick start another arms race. They are also gathering a bigger interest in Africa.

Yes I agree with your points but China/Taiwan is a historical problem between the two of them and don't forget the USA is involved too but in fairness USA isn't the bad guy in it, She only offers protection to Taiwan. I can't see any major problem between the two of them, As long as the politicians involved are aware of the risks war will bring.

Japan and China should be alright as war would create much more problems for both of them.

At least the Chinese haven't left a devastated Africa like the old European powers did.
    LordSutch wrote: »
    Syria.

I must do some reading on Syria I would be of the opinion lots of issues are involved in that country both internal and regional.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

not sure who but one of them needs to take the finger out and launch a nuke pronto, tallaghtfornia, jersey shore, geordie shore, 16 and pregnant, eastenders, the street, tesco - NUKE US NOW!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

norn iron

Advertisement