Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service with a Snarl

13»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Seems UPC/Chorus/NTL haven't improved at all. They phoned me asking if I was interested in Broadband and Telephone. I said I was interested in just broadband. A tech was supposed to be sent out today between 9am and 1pm. A confirmation text was sent to my telephone number yesterday, so all good I presumed.

The tech hadn't shown up by half twelve, so I rang up and asked to check if he was indeed coming. After using their horrendous and patronizing phone system I got through to a guy who said that there was 'no appointment' for today, but there was one scheduled for the 31st, for Broadband and Phone installation....... so evidently no improvement in their 'systems'.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Red Alert wrote: »
    Seems UPC/Chorus/NTL haven't improved at all. They phoned me asking if I was interested in Broadband and Telephone. I said I was interested in just broadband. A tech was supposed to be sent out today between 9am and 1pm. A confirmation text was sent to my telephone number yesterday, so all good I presumed.

The tech hadn't shown up by half twelve, so I rang up and asked to check if he was indeed coming. After using their horrendous and patronizing phone system I got through to a guy who said that there was 'no appointment' for today, but there was one scheduled for the 31st, for Broadband and Phone installation....... so evidently no improvement in their 'systems'.

Thats piss poor, I can understand maybe the first person booking it arse ways and giving you the wrong date but the TXT clearly shows it was logged as the correct date on atleast one of their booking systems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Can companies like NTL be fined for negligence ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Probably not seen as I'm not already a broadband customer. I feel sorry for someone who would end up losing an official day's holidays for that kind of messing around.

Advertisement