Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Mail on Outlook Express

• 11-08-2004 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm trying to set up an account on Outlook Express for my vodafone mail at the mo... Pop3: pop.vodafone.ie SMTP: mail.vodafone.ie.

I have my username & password in too but everytime i click send/recieve on the account i get a dialog box which asks me to re-enter my username & password time & time again... What am I doing wrong? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Orlie wrote:
    I'm trying to set up an account on Outlook Express for my vodafone mail at the mo... Pop3: pop.vodafone.ie SMTP: mail.vodafone.ie.

I have my username & password in too but everytime i click send/recieve on the account i get a dialog box which asks me to re-enter my username & password time & time again... What am I doing wrong? :eek:
    You won't be able to send mail from your vodafone a/c as far as I know, only receive it, unless you're connected over the Vodafone ISP, which would cost you an arm and a leg.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Late than never I suppose, but all you need to do is change your outgoing mail server to the outgoing mail server of whatever ISP you're using.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

username = xxx@vodafone.ie

password = logon password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pantera

if you connect to the internet via eircom all you need to do is set you outgoing server to mail1.eircom.net that should do it for you. If your not on eircom then just got to your isp's website and find out what their outgoing server is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 fraggel

You can send and receive mail for free using these settings.

Incoming Mail Server: webmail2.vodafone.ie
    Outgoing Mail Server: mail.vodafone.ie

Username : ****@vodafone.ie
    Password : **** (vodafone acc. password)

• Advertisement
Advertisement