Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

zlezlius wrote: »
    Nice rifle dev110! What scope have you on it?

It's a Burris Fullfield 6.5-20x50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

My new pride & joy :)

Remy LVSF with Leupold VX III 6.5-20 x 50 AO

I'm not a great photographer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭clivej

BunnyShooter the same kind words to you to ;)

Well wear and many years of hunting with it.

Aim small and hit hard

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Very nice rifle bunny shooter! Enjoy it!

Beautiful rifle bunny!! Wear well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

my new cz452 varmint, 16 inch barrel, with sak mod and simmons whitetail in .22lr, fun rifle...:)

001ptn.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    006jj.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Sweet set up vhunter ;) Those scopes are brilliant had one myself years ago and sold it, twat that I am :D

Sweet set up vhunter ;) Those scopes are brilliant had one myself years ago and sold it, twat that I am :D

cheers bunny, I'm likin your remy, I'm not their biggest fan but I heard that model you have is a tack driver...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭clivej

well wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Sweet rig bunny. Well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

a couple of pics of a 200 yard zero target i shot this morning. DSCF0043.jpg3, DSCF0048.jpg
    DSCF0046.jpg
    the rifle is a tikka supervarmint .223 i was using hornady 55gr vmax, the scope is a nightforce nxs 8-32x56, with sako optilok mounts and bases, and an ase utra northstar stainless suppressor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

my new cz452 varmint, 16 inch barrel, with sak mod and simmons whitetail in .22lr, fun rifle...:)

001ptn.jpg
    006jj.jpg

nice setup short barrel looks well how is it with the barrel that short does it affect how accurate it can be or did you even notice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Crackin setup declan1980. Shoots a dream too. Nothing like the Tikkas for accuracy for the price. Have seen a Super Varmint in 6.5x55 that did those same groups all day long. Awful lot of gun for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

nice setup declan. are you using the sling as a back rest too? ive seen videos of youtube of felllas doing that. meant to be very good

Crackin setup declan1980. Shoots a dream too. Nothing like the Tikkas for accuracy for the price. Have seen a Super Varmint in 6.5x55 that did those same groups all day long. Awful lot of gun for the money.
    thanks IWM i don't regret once cent i paid on that gun. some guys have asked me "how can you justify buying that?" but i just tell them that if you have to justify spending money on a rifle then you'll never enjoy shooting it ask much as i enjoy shooting mine. accuracy pays for itself.
    i fully believe that this rifle can shoot tighter groups, because i think i may have pulled the highest shot in that group a bit, if i hadn't i'd say that it would have clover leafed easily

garv123 wrote: »
    nice setup declan. are you using the sling as a back rest too? ive seen videos of youtube of felllas doing that. meant to be very good
    that's exactly it garv123, i got the idea from there too. i've shot 1.5 inch groups at 300 yards using it, but i've been looking at the accushot monopod lately, and i think it could be a better job altogether

declan1980 wrote: »
    that's exactly it garv123, i got the idea from there too. i've shot 1.5 inch groups at 300 yards using it, but i've been looking at the accushot monopod lately, and i think it could be a better job altogether

ive heard the ob you've done is the business instead of the sandbag under the butt.
    id a look at the monopod there and that looks like it could be a handy little attachment too

ive heard the ob you've done is the business instead of the sandbag under the butt.
    id a look at the monopod there and that looks like it could be a handy little attachment too
    either one is handier than carrying a sand bag around, because you'll never forget it if it's attached to your rifle, and you'll never have to waste time looking for it either. the only thing about the monopod would be adding more weight to the rifle. it weighs feck all by itself but when you add a little thing onto a heavy rifle, it makes carrying it around for hours on end a bit less pleasant. at least the insulation around the rifle strap is as light as a feather

nice setup short barrel looks well how is it with the barrel that short does it affect how accurate it can be or did you even notice

thanks oneshot, I don't think the shorter barrel effects accuracy in a rimfire at all, the reason a factory barrel would be longer is just to balance out the rifle, but the mod does that for me anyway, the shorter heavy barrel is stiffer and shouldnt vibrate as much so maybe it could be more accurate, I also heard 16inches is the optimum length for muzzel velocity in a rimfire, a friend of mine has an anschutz with an 11inch barrel and he says its a tac driver, I shot a 17mm 10shot group at 50yards with this today so maybe that answers it...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭zeissman

I like the look of those tikka super varmit stocks,
    Does the point of impact change at all when you shoot of a bipod
    and do you find the adjustable cheekpiece comfortable ?

• Advertisement

zeissman wrote: »
    I like the look of those tikka super varmit stocks,
    Does the point of impact change at all when you shoot of a bipod
    and do you find the adjustable cheekpiece comfortable ?
    the barrel is fully free floated, so there is absolutely no change in poi. the cheek piece allows me to have a much more solid cheek weld, and is a lot more comfortable when it is adjusted so that my cheekbone rests on it, compared to having it close to the stock where my cheek bone is up off the stock in order to see through the scope. i'm actually so used to it now that i find using my friends cz wierd as i don't feel like my face is held against the stock as solidly without the adjustable cheekpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 paul1972

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1438.JPG
    has worked well on everything from rabbits to deer

paul1972 wrote: »
    IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1438.JPG
    has worked well on everything from rabbits to deer

nice setup. do you use the lightbulp box in the field too?:rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Howa 1500 .270. Scope is Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x40. Sitting in a McMillan stock, glass bedded. Also has up-rated trigger and Muzzle-break. MB custom made by Ireland Custom Rifle.

DSCI0016.jpg

DSCI0015.jpg

Ruger 10/22 Target. SAK mod and Simmons WTC 6.5-20x50

DSCI0019.jpg

DSCI0018.jpg

Beautiful rifles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

dev110 wrote: »
    Beautiful rifles!!

Thanks! My real prides are my .22 magnum and my 682- I must get photos taken and stick them up :)

nice setup. do you use the lightbulp box in the field too?:rolleyes:;)
    not so far but i wont promise not too,,
    will put up some pictures of my M59 konsberg in 30-06 over the next few days,,,might even use the bipod and give the box a break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

not so far but i wont promise not too,,
    will put up some pictures of my M59 konsberg in 30-06 over the next few days,,,might even use the bipod and give the box a break

i shot many deer/Goats and A few foxes with my old Mauser.

I had three dowells drilled and tied together with builders line as a Tripod.
    I could hit bunnies out to 200+ Yards with a cheapo scope.

It pis*ed me off in teh end as it was heavy and the tripod often fell over at a crucial moment.

I wish I could have held on to it for Vintage shoots though!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=127775&d=1284637260

i shot many deer/Goats and A few foxes with my old Mauser.

I had three dowells drilled and tied together with builders line as a Tripod.
    I could hit bunnies out to 200+ Yards with a cheapo scope.

It pis*ed me off in teh end as it was heavy and the tripod often fell over at a crucial moment.

I wish I could have held on to it for Vintage shoots though!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=127775&d=1284637260
    what model mauser is that it looks a M96 but the pistol grip stock has me ,,,,,
    i have a M38 myself the short rifle with the 23.5inch barrel as apposed to the 29inch on the 96 ,, i used to have a 96 myself but find the 38 much handier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

what model mauser is that it looks a M96 but the pistol grip stock has me ,,,,,
    i have a M38 myself the short rifle with the 23.5inch barrel as apposed to the 29inch on the 96 ,, i used to have a 96 myself but find the 38 much handier
    The Pistol Grip was a Retro Fit. She's a 1910 model Carl Gustof. She is missing timber off the forend in pic. I installed a Timney Trigger and did not put the timber back on. Back in the day Mausers were as popular as LE's are today in Ireland.

Advertisement