Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get android 2.3 on original galaxy tab (7")?

• 25-01-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭

Any help appreciated. Cheers. I have the 16gb 3g version. Kies telling me I have the most up to date firmware. Tab currently running 2.2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Never mind. Got it done :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Ooo, do share how...and if it's worth the bother...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

robinph wrote: »
    Ooo, do share how...and if it's worth the bother...

Well... Did it riskily (with the help of a youtube turial). One or three heart palpatations later and i did it successfully.

This is the guy's instructions i followed (with a fair few pausings along the way):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_s6pPNoLz8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ps. i didn't bother with the part he says is 'optional' - i was just relieved i'd got it on and didn't want to risk messing it up at that stage!

At your own risk as always though if you choose to try it!

PS. I have to say 2.3.3 runs beautifully on it. Noticeably faster when jumping from one screen or app to another, graphics obviously a little bit fancier with certain things like the market and that, and there's a new app called 'pulse' which is actually pretty cool... preinstalled on it

*note: it's only for the 3g version as far as i'm aware, Not the wi-fi only model* although there might be a version for that, it's not something i looked into

Advertisement