Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport to Powerscourt Wicklow

• 09-04-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know how to get to Powerscourt from Dublin area? Anytime i have been it's driving down so curious as to the best method to take.

Needed for the morning, trust me to research things at the last minute :rolleyes:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Number 2 bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

Ya can hike there easy enough. I think like a day and a half from marley park along the wicklow trail. Or take the luas to bray and hike from there.

Be careful though, I almost fell off the top of it. It sucks getting old and still thinking you're as fit as used to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Dublin Bus number 44 goes to Enniskerry, a short walk to Powerscourt, would this be any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

According to powerscourt website:

Public Transport

Dart to Bray & 185 bus to Enniskerry (from outside Dart station)
    44C from City Centre (Townsend Street) to Enniskerry village (1.5 mile walk to Estate)
    For timetable please phone Dublin Bus Tel: 01 873 4222

Please learn to google.

cafecolour wrote: »
    Or take the luas to bray and hike from there.

Dart to Bray, not Luas :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

nibtrix wrote: »
    Please learn to google.

Ooh harsh! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

nibtrix wrote: »
    Dart to Bray, not Luas :D

Whoops. Yeah. I seem to alternate between referring to everything as luas or everything as Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

AlcoholicA wrote: »

How'd you do that :)

Anyway was hoping for some local knowledge and shortcuts etc.
    Thanks everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Take a left at the Dublin forum and Take the third turn off on the Wicklow forum roundabout!

Either that or google tbh!

• Advertisement

cafecolour wrote: »
    Whoops. Yeah. I seem to alternate between referring to everything as luas or everything as Dart.

me too, just didn't want the op at stephen's green trying to find bray on the luas map.... with six people behind him/her trying to buy tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SchweppesUTD

Jay D wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know how to get to Powerscourt from Dublin area? Anytime i have been it's driving down so curious as to the best method to take.

Needed for the morning, trust me to research things at the last minute :rolleyes:

Thanks

Get on yer bike.

Advertisement