Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Tevion wireless video/audio sender

• 08-11-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Just a quick question,i know its been asked before but im still clueless,got one of these today in aldi €39.99,i have perfect picture quality but i cant use the sky remote,i have the ir extender sticky thing in front of the sky box but still no luck.I have seen in old threads peoples sky remote working and others say it cant.If my box cant is there any way around it,ie,different remote maybe?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

It is this. Why do you have the ir extender sticky thing in front of the sky box. It's on the other one, without the Sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Would this work with a UPC Digibox? i.e. can you use the UPC remote in the same way the OP is looking to use the Sky remote? Does it do the same as Sky Eye etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

manutd wrote: »
    It is this. Why do you have the ir extender sticky thing in front of the sky box. It's on the other one, without the Sky box.

IR extender has to be in front of the device that needs to be controlled, in this case, the Sky box, so the OP has it set up correctly.

OP, you may need to play around with the placement of the extender to get it to work, maybe it's too close, or not at the IR sensor on the Sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dannyo666

@Man utd-Yep thats the one.Ive tried everything,closer,further away,twisting it,maybe i bought a which its impossible to use a sky remote?Would a magic eye work for me?wouldnt get one though until i was sure my these video senders arent compatable with sky remotes

Cheers for the replys lads

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dragon123

Have you had any luck with the Sky remote?

I got the video senders yesterday....picture and sound are perfect, but can't get the Sky remote working either :(

• Advertisement

Na,i havnt,its a balls,i dont think they work with sky remotes full stop.Ive done a load of searching in the last 24 hrs and this is the only thing which will work,its also way cheaper on amazon than anywhere else ive found

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marmitek-PowerMid-infrared-receiver-transmitter/dp/B000MBV146/ref=pd_sim_ce_2

Remember free delivery on orders over £25

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭hargo

can i use this to transfer radio station from satelite receiver to a mini hifi system in another room?

You can use the audio/video sender to do that,not the powermid from the link-thats only for remote contolling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Does anybody know any of the Aldi stores in Dublin that still have the video sender in stock? I've tried ringing them but it's impossible to get through?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cantona_deux

Hi All,

Got this as well but the Sky remote changes the channels/volume no problem but I have no picture. Any help greatly appreciated - its driving me crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Check all your connections for starters.. everything is where it should be.
    Then change the picture output on the sky box, swop between pal/rgb.. see if that helps.

Hi All,

Got this as well but the Sky remote changes the channels/volume no problem but I have no picture. Any help greatly appreciated - its driving me crazy!

Sometimes you need to take the box to tv cable out on the sender and put it in the other port-Try the two of them.PM me if your still stuck

What kind of sky remote is it that you have do you know?
    If we work together we can kill two birds with the one stone here

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I got these recently. I set them up today but no joy getting the sky remote to work. Has anyone had any luck this?

whirlpool wrote: »
    I got these recently. I set them up today but no joy getting the sky remote to work. Has anyone had any luck this?

Oh never mind, got it working! :)

It didn't work at first because I had the IR diode pointing towards what looks like the IR receiver on the Sky box, but in fact it seems to be elsewhere, an inch or two to the left. Well, that's what worked in the end anyway.

whirlpool wrote: »
    Oh never mind, got it working! :)

It didn't work at first because I had the IR diode pointing towards what looks like the IR receiver on the Sky box, but in fact it seems to be elsewhere, an inch or two to the left. Well, that's what worked in the end anyway.

Anychance you could post a pic?;)

This is wrecking my head,still cant get it to work

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 keepitreal

Hi Guys
    anyone know if these work transmitting from laptop to TV?

keepitreal wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    anyone know if these work transmitting from laptop to TV?

They are based on the device having an infra-red port, so if your laptop has an infra-red port then it should work. Otherwise, it won't.

I'm fairly certain of this, but somebody might be able to clarify one way or another...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 keepitreal

Whirlpool, do you mean the it needs an IR port to transmit between the two devices?
    I might be mixing up the remote control conversation with the actual transmition one ;)
    i might also just not understand the answer!!
    anyways i was wondering if you can plug this system into a PC and transmit it to the TV with picture and sound?

keepitreal wrote: »
    Whirlpool, do you mean the it needs an IR port to transmit between the two devices?
    I might be mixing up the remote control conversation with the actual transmition one ;)
    i might also just not understand the answer!!
    anyways i was wondering if you can plug this system into a PC and transmit it to the TV with picture and sound?

The sending device sends the signal to the receiving device via radio signals.

Scrap my original response, though. I see no reason why you couldn't send laptop-to-tv.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

You can attach the PC to the video sender if you have an appropriate video and sound connection. Do you have a composite video output on your laptop? If it's just the usual 15 pin VGA connector, you won't be able to do it without extra hardware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dermotp

I have had a Tevion sender/receiver for some time now but the receiver has stop working and i was wondering has anybody out there got a receiver they would sell,sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but i could not start a new thread,hope somebody can help.

Advertisement