Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, I think the prestige edition of these particular comics is still A4 or smaller so I already have a load of that size frame with glass fronts on them.
    If they fit in those frames I'll probably use them. I'm not a collector of comics(yet) so I'm not going to spend crazy money on special holder/hangers for them.

Maybe ask in Subcity, they sell plenty of comics so may have insight into the best ways of surprising and displaying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Never read them, I want to now though. I have good few predator comics and they are pretty good, but its batman vs Predator, how can it be bad!

Very true :)

Plus the cover art on the prestige version is by Arthur Suydam, which is nice.
    I only

On a comic book note.
    I only found out recently that my girlfriends uncle is Giancarlo Alessandrini, who is quite well known in the comic book and graphics artist world(at least in Europe).
    Some of his stuff is pretty darn good and he attends a lot of those comicon type events(must nab some signed original work from him :) ).

http://lambiek.net/artists/a/alessandrini_g.htm

http://www.comicartfans.com/comic-artists/giancarlo_alessandrini.asp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

its batman vs Predator, how can it be bad!

Very, very easily.

But then again I'm one of those rare children of the 80s that thinks Predator as a franchise is a steaming pile of **** that has never created anything of import.

Alien vs Predator? The former wins in pretty much every way possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Very, very easily.

But then again I'm one of those rare children of the 80s that thinks Predator as a franchise is a steaming pile of **** that has never created anything of import.

Wow wow wow, does that include the first film?? :eek:

You might want to put some spoiler tags about the place in case EnterNow and the like see it. :D

I bet you secretly love the Fast n Furious films! "Got yer back bro!" etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Wow wow wow, does that include the first film?? :eek:

You might want to put some spoiler tags about the place in case EnterNow and the like see it. :D

I bet you secretly love the Fast n Furious films! "Got yer back bro!" etc.

Especially the first film :p

I watched Assault on Precinct 13 the other night. That's how you make a cheesy, ridiculous action movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

tumblr_m28mzwJGXz1qizbpto1_1280.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Very, very easily.

Laptops-Are-Too-Mainstream_o_91749.jpg

The first Predator movie is vintage Arnie. The second is terrible. I did find Predators fairly ok though

EnterNow wrote: »
    Laptops-Are-Too-Mainstream_o_91749.jpg

The first Predator movie is vintage Arnie. The second is terrible. I did find Predators fairly ok though

I agree, we should all forget Predator 2 and its star, Danny "Big Pants" Glover.

Predator = Oh Yes
    Predator 2 = Oh Dear
    Predators = Yeah, Ok, why not.

Anything else didn't happen :rolleyes:

The second one is vintage Gary Busey though.

• Advertisement

Whatever about the first movie (which is at least dumb fun), let's not defend the stench of mediocrity and 'vintage' (putrid by another name!) cheese that whaffs of Predators. Appallingly dull film.

Yep. Hated Predators.

Have you seen the original look of the Predator before they brought Stan Winston in at the last minute:

predator-original-design-van-damme-6.jpg

That's Jean Claude Van Damme in the suit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Very, very easily.

And nobody ever played Aliens vs Predator 2 on the PC? Great game!

I must admit, I dont hate predator 2 but its nothing compared to the first film.

The predator stand alone comic series is good aswell from what i've read of it. Which would be Cold War, Race Wars and a few others

I'm sure if this were the cover, Mr. Ultimate would be a huge fan

sp87iq.jpg

Nah, would be too distracted by the low-res cover art ;)

Would anyone else play the hell out of this?

game_of_thrones_excell______by_dynamaito-d4vdsmi.jpg

Looks excellent. What is it?

Oh it's just a mock up of what a Game of Thrones game could look like.

Feckin knew there was disappointment coming with that pic. :)

Ooh crap, forgot, isn't Grimrock out today? Damn, just checked my gog account, not available yet.

I'm currently between credit cards as MBNA forgot to send me a new one when the old one expired... So Grimrock will have to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Batman v Predator comics are excellent. Read a load of them when I was younger from my uncle's collection.
    One comic in particular sticks in mind. It was a compilation of stories and it featured batman v predator, the mask, the evil dead and some other one that I cannot remember. Excellent stuff.

I quite like the look of Grimrock (alas, it's not supported by my hipster laptop iOS yet), but hate the name. There's nothing that irrationally annoys me more than dodgy fantasy titles :pac:

Actually just started watching Game of Thrones last night. Skyrim: The HBO show!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

DinoRex wrote: »
    Oh it's just a mock up of what a Game of Thrones game could look like.

Mugen that **** yo!*

*BTW - I've never played Mugen :/

MUGEN is the most ridiculous thing we've ever played at an A&R beers and I don't say that lightly.

I quite like the look of Grimrock (alas, it's not supported by my hipster laptop iOS yet), but hate the name. There's nothing that irrationally annoys me more than dodgy fantasy titles :pac:

Actually just started watching Game of Thrones last night. Skyrim: The HBO show!

Just checked the Gog forums and it's not out until 5pm GMT, although that's still no use to you unfortunately. iOS, pah! Thought would be too main stream for you now too. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mugen is just a fighting game engine, it's the crazy stuff that people do with it that's crazy. As a fighting game engine it's utter tosh but it's fun to mess about with all the fan made stuff :)

Killer Whale pwns all!

Billy from Game Chasers shows his gamesroom

I see "Game Focus" has closed its doors for good in London :(

It was a great retro game and import shop that sold all sorts of jap import goodies as well as normal retro games.

Bad times.

o-RETROGAMES1-570.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

aaah Crap Steve, I was in there last month,
    all there stuff had to be moved upstairs as Basement flooded or something.
    I wonder did those costs hurt them or something.

But great little shop, I got MINT boxed original Gameboy with tetris for 20 STG
    and an memory card for Dreamcast I got off you :)

Also picked up few games, their prices were really great,
    if they were in Ireland id happily visit them every week.

RIP game Focus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement