Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father Ted Trivia Quiz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

I believe it was 3 inches... And incidentally did Janine Reilly crawl in at ten thirty?

Am I right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nope

i just realised I can't be bothered checking this thread for answers

it was 11 2/8 inches
    ]

Care to pose another question, so?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Sorry sorry,sorry dont get your knickers in a twist. and correct in reply to spudington16

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Who knew how old Father Shortall must be about now? (And how old must he be?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

"Nearly 80".

Was it Ted?

A genuine question from me: How do we know Mrs. Doyle's name is Joan? I can only remember the thing when the garda was on the phone to Ted in the restaurant.

plazzTT wrote:
    "Nearly 80".

Was it Ted?

A genuine question from me: How do we know Mrs. Doyle's name is Joan? I can only remember the thing when the garda was on the phone to Ted in the restaurant.

Yeah, I'm perplexed by this too. It's been floating around a lot, but where's its source, precisely?

Actually, I think he must be about seventy now... Dunno who said it, mind you...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Doyle
    Mrs. Doyle's first name was actually revealed to be Joan early on in the series (albeit only in the script, and not onscreen). In the script book the writers added a comment which stated that early on in writing they revealed a lot of information which could have been a dark secret over the series, and they seemed to use this later on as in the series 3 episode "The Mainland," the mention of Mrs. Doyle's first name is obscured by other loud noises (a fire bell in the police station, and plates clattering in the restaurant), in a similar way to how The Simpsons often obscured maps which showed the exact location of Springfield within the United States.

can anybody use google any more?

Mordeth wrote:
    can anybody use google any more?

There's absolutely no need to be condescending; that information is not confirmed, and our trivia quiz should, I believe, be limited to "facts" known by fans from watching the show.

We didn't write it, so we don't actually have ready access to scripts...

• Advertisement

Incidentally we shouldn't be using Google, in all fairness...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

anyway back to the quiz....

what song was mistakenly played as the National Anthem?

That one record that the Spin Master (Fr. Billy O'Dwyer) had. Do we know its name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

The song is called Ghost Town.

That one record that the Spin Master (Fr. Billy O'Dwyer) had. Do we know its name?

Ghost Town by the Specials :)

What is contained in the Director's Cut of a film that Jack watches on tv? (can't really be any more specific)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Extra Dinosaurs?

Q: What was Tom's excuse / justification for holding up the Post Office?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

he said that it was his money, but he didn't want to fill out the paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

on what day did the ice age end? (incidently the same time as the annual summer holiday).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

July 19th.

Name any of the other bands (or song titles) that were in the Song for Ireland contest (apart from the Craggy and Rugged Island entries).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

plazzTT wrote:
    "Nearly 80".

Was it Ted?
    Yes 80, but it was Father Stone for the record. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

plazzTT wrote:
    July 19th.

Name any of the other bands (or song titles) that were in the Song for Ireland contest (apart from the Craggy and Rugged Island entries).

The Hairy Bowsies

What was the name of the home Fr. Jack was sent to for the hairy hands? (Real name not nickname)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I believe it was called St. Clabberts (sp?)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

I think st Clabberts is right.

What was the name of the film The lads had to protest against under bishop lens orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

"The passion of St Tibulus"

What does the Garda Sergeant on Craggy Island liken the hunt for Henry Sellers to?

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Like Vietnam, Father.

Name of the 3 bishops who came to bless the Holy Stone of Clonrichert?

Bishops Jordan, Facks and O'Neill, I believe?

Whose name did Ted once forget in an event that, he says, caused him to feel "a little hot under the collar"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Father Todd Unctious? Nope that's not right...

Advertisement