Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way to get rid of scumbags...

• 23-03-2004 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

I have created a new identity (scumbag) just as I do not want to use my other account..I just wanna see what my fellow dublinners (or anybody having similar issue) think.
    You are never too paranoid :-(( moderator please understand that I do not want to be identified...I am sure you can but ...
    I live in an appartment block in Dublin and recently we have had problem with some scumbags using our fire exit stairs to do drugs, drinking and degrading the area.
    There will never be there at the same time/same fire exit and there are about 7-10 of them each time.
    We have managed to chase them out a couple of time but of course they are always back.
    I guess they are getting into the building using the access code(which has been disable, I do not even know it) or ringing appartments randomly untill an assole buzz them in.
    I know that the solution would be to disconnect the intercom system all toghether this is not going to happen.

I called the guarda but they could only tell me that next time we see them we should call them and if drung are found they would arrest them...but leave them back out the next day to come back pist off to do even more damage and trouble.

Likewise, I am worried that if we keep on chasing them away they might become agressive(high on drugs or pist) and ending up with more problem than before.

What can we do? any of you have been confronted to something like this ? How are we suppose to react ? any suggestion are welcome,(not the wicklow montains)

We do not know what to do anymore, I am so p***off

"I choose that name to see how it feel's to be called a scumbag...Oh man I would really want to hide and make myself as little as possible for the least"

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

visit the local sinn fein office, say you have a large group of floating voters who are having some trouble in their residence, they'll sort it out 4 you, doesn't mean u have to vote for the wallies though :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

what bananna said.... the one positive side of SFs paramilitary links, although vigilantism opens up a huge flood gate about this and that... lets not get into it.

Ring them up, explain the problem, and about 1 week later you'll see all the scumbags hobbling along with crutches and casts.... :D, sweet illegal justice.

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Pellet Guns. Every time they're on the stairs, go out there and unload a few. Aim for the eyes. they'll stop returning pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Originally posted by seamus
    ...Aim for the eyes.....

:D:D:D
    Quality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

same situation is happening in my mates apartment block just at the end of temple bar.. across the road from dublin castle...

they are having big problems with druggies and scumbags getting pissed on their stairwell as well...

they've called the cops a load of times.. im not sure whats happened about it..

i've happened to be there a few times when leaving my mates place and there was said undesirables in my passage... not a nice situation to say the least.... dive for the elevator was the safest option i think...

when you are paying a lot of money for a place to live, the least you expect is that you would be able to feel safe enough in the place that you live... its a disgrace...

good idea about the SF office...

i think its an issue that will be with us for a long time to come...

sometimes vigilantism is the only medicine strong enough for such an infliction...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

round them all up and stick them on sceilig mhichil - they'll eventually become extinct. either that or breed voraciously...... (i haven't thought this one through)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Is there a firehose? If so just give them a good wash... we used to this all the time to the art students in college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Would it be possible & legal to remove all light from the fire escape area. Have the lighting linked to the fire alarm. No alarm No light No scumbags!

Also call a meeting of the occupants. Usually meetings are only with management and owners. Tennants often never get to attend. If everyone is aware of the problem then there should be less blind 'buzzing in' of people. If a meeting can't be organised then do a flyer for everyone in the building.

Cal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by beardedchicken
    round them all up and stick them on sceilig mhichil - they'll eventually become extinct. either that or breed voraciously...... (i haven't thought this one through)

and after a few (very quick) generations you get

prisonlife3-thumb.jpg

white-trash-port-big.jpg

ann.jpg

Well its a thought that cheers me up anyway (they had it comin'!)

Or take action now with new improved -

bd016-md.jpg

Mike.

In all seriousness, have a chat to your neighbours and maybe the management company. See if you can have UV lighting installed in the fire exits. It doesn't remove their ability to see, but it's damn irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

i know it depends if they are 'shooting up' or not.. but i remember that a lot of places like mc donalds and burger king etc installed those 'black' lights in their jacks so junkies couldnt see their veins...

might be a good idea.. but if you were wearing a white t-shirt you'd glow like a christmas tree....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well if you want rid of scumbags I suggest all the working people move out of Ireland, then let the rest of them bleed the country dry until there's nothing left and they all die of starvation.
    That's one way of doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Faust

I say we poison all the dutch gold imported into the country. Then watch the corpses rot into the soil. Hopefully they will fertilise it and give us better crops.
    Or maybe some kind of "death" camp. We can advertise it with free caps and bad hair cuts. Of course it wont be called a death camp but maybe a comp of "rapehness". Then we continue to gas them and grind up their bodies and feed them to the empoverished. We can also use their clothes to makes blankets for the poor too. Yes i have plans mwhaahahahahahaha!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Changing the lighting is not going to do much good. The only real way to deal with it get 5 or 6 mates over - each equipped with a balaclava, couple of baseball bats and some long sharp blades. Wait for the scumbags to gather and then simply walk down to them and have a word. Chances are they'll all run a mile when they first see you's - and just make it clear the next time you's see them - they won't be able to walk for the rest of their natural lives.

They'll move on....problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Go to the local off licence and get them to stop selling Dutch Gold and cider.

Go to the local shop and get them to stop selling the herald.

Find where they live and mess up their satellite dish.

Get the local shop to stop selling celtic jerseys.

In no time at all with no football, cider, dutch, tabloids or celtic jerseys they'll be gone in no time!!!

Telling SinnFéin would be useless. These 'up the ra' heads are the very people who vote for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Dear god, not another scumbag thread!!! C'mon, its bad enough I have to look at them every day without having to talk about them. Bah!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    Go to the local off licence and get them to stop selling Dutch Gold and cider.

Go to the local shop and get them to stop selling the herald.

Find where they live and mess up their satellite dish.

Get the local shop to stop selling celtic jerseys.

In no time at all with no football, cider, dutch, tabloids or celtic jerseys they'll be gone in no time!!!

royshh, then we can all head down the bor for a few scoops of Ken

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You might want to check out this (very similar) thread

terrorised by group of youths - advice

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

gas them.

who said hitler wasn't entrepreneurial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

. These 'up the ra' heads are the very people who vote for them.

In fairness I think it's very unlikely:-
    A) These people are old enough/registered to vote.
    B) Vote at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scumbag

Thank you all for that...
    Unfortunatly I do not think we are the only ones having that kind of trouble :-((
    so far I gathered the following option:

- Visit the local sinn fein office (I think I will)
    - Pellet Guns (I wish I could)
    - Remove all light (wont make a difference, natural light is coming in)
    - UV light (those scumbag are on stage 1 or 2, not shooting up yet, I think)
    - Round them all up and stick them on sceilig mhichil (they will breed like bloody rats)
    - Firehose ( too messy and the dirt they will leave on the carpet after a wash will ruin it :-))
    - we poison all the dutch gold (I do not have the ressources to do so, but brillant idea)
    - Get 5 or 6 mates over - each equipped with a balaclava, couple of baseball bats (that is so far my favorite option, but I do not want to go to jail ...maybe paying somebody to do so...then again this is illegal)
    - Stop the shops selling the stuff they live for (I do not have the ressources to do so, but brillant idea)

xx I am sorry if this tread is bothering you but I think this is like AIDS, we need to talk about it !!!

Any more suggestions...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Contact your Landlord and or management company. If the Corpo is your landlord then contact them. Get them to do something about it.

Get all the tenants together and do this as a group. Keep annoying the guards as well. If nothing is done try going higher up in the guards and writing to TDs and/or councillors.

Contact a solicitor and see if they can send any letters to Landlord/Management company or whoever and get them doing something about it that way.

UV lights don't make veins invisible or anything like that, they just make seeing very difficult. Personally, when there are UV lights, vision seems slightly blurry, and I have difficulty focussing perfectly.

That's why I'd say install them. Sitting in UV lights for more than 20 minutes would completely wreck your head. If they spent an hour or so in them for a couple of days, they'd probably end up with headaches and generally disoriented.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by seamus
    If they spent an hour or so in them for a couple of days, they'd probably end up with headaches and generally disoriented.

they are probably there already:D

Mucking with their senses might be a good idea, anyway of making the place less comfortable, smell, light, heat, shelter, sprinklers? If you can disimprove the quality of any of these things you'd be on to something. Its not a residential section in so far as no one lives where they are at, so you can do what you like to it. Get this working as a community, with the managament company. And SF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ActingThe Magot

Telling SinnFéin would be useless. These 'up the ra' heads are the very people who vote for them. [/B]

And sure who do you think was behind supplying drugs to people like this?

SF (and associates) get to cause some of the anti-social issues, and then they can "associate" themselves with the kudos for physically maiming/intimidating young people...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Get some really smelly substance to pervade the area, such as Ammonia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Get a sprinkler system installed.

then when they dhow up, hit the fire alarm

even if they dont go away, the wet skangers should be amusing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Q - How do you stop a scumbag hanging around your house
    A - Cut him down

Advertisement