Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Touch Not Detected !!

• 14-02-2008 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭

Got my new touch today in Xtra Vision...happy as larry..Go home..plug in to computer..nothing comes up..When i check Removable disks on "My Computer" it doesnt show up...i used to have a Nano...Can ye help i want the songs to go on etc..:(

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Install iTunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What version of iTunes are you using?
    The iPod won't show up in My Computer as it doesn't have a disk mode.

Does your computer meet the tech specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I did update it and install it and it still isnt coming up..It told me to restart the computer...did that..still doesnt work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Does the computer meet the specs? Is it plugged into a USB 2.0 port? Check your services to make sure the Apple Mobile Device Service is installed and running.

This is fair annoyin..Should it not work if the nano worked like

• Advertisement

It said This on Itunes: "Itunes cannot connect to Iphone because of an unknown error"
    ..ITS AN IPOD TOUCH !!!WAHHHHH...help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

oh no poor you my friend got an ipod touch cos she dropped and broke her nano...and the i touch is working perfectly...they are soooo cool though i think i still prefer my creative zen vision M...60 GB oh yeah lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

The iPod Touch will never show up in 'my computer' as a removable disk.
    You will need the latest itunes to transfer songs.

If you still can't see it in itunes then you could put it in recovery mode (search google on how to do it, its easy) and itunes should pick up the touch and install the lastest firmware on the touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

callaway92 wrote: »
    It said This on Itunes: "Itunes cannot connect to Iphone because of an unknown error"
    ..ITS AN IPOD TOUCH !!!WAHHHHH...help

so i'm not the only one then. sorry mate, i have the same problem, and cant figure out how to fix it. i've pretty much given up. still use it about the house for browsing when i cant get on the pc, but everything i've read up on and tried hasent worked.

read my thread for possible solutions, i hope one works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Think I got lucky, bought a 32gb today and it's currently syncing with no trouble at all. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I've heard of this error when connecting the device to a USB 1.1 port. Are you using a USB 2.0 port?

I was using a USB hub..plugges it into comp then and CABAAAAAMMM...it worked thousand or so songs on ipod :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

callaway92 wrote: »
    I was using a USB hub..plugges it into comp then and CABAAAAAMMM...it worked thousand or so songs on ipod :D:D
    Happy listening :)

Advertisement