Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭pissed

Whats the sequence? Top up first or port first and then top up?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnyblues

...port first and then top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

oneteu wrote: »
    Free calls & text from TescoMobile to 48. :)
    Fungus wrote: »
    Really? Must be a bug in the way Tesco bill.
    Maybe its because they both use the 089 prefix?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

oneteu wrote: »
    Free calls & text from TescoMobile to 48. :)

Really? I'm on Tescomobile and I have not seen anything about this.
    Link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

No issues so far, signal is perfect. Very good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Applied for sim last thursday week, Its now Monday :/ How long did it take other peoples sims to come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    Applied for sim last thursday week, Its now Monday :/ How long did it take other peoples sims to come?

About 2 weeks for me, I got an email when it was dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

whats their data speeds and charges like? kinda like the three all you eat data althought i prob only use a few gigs a month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

18-22? so what I go to them and have to change phone company next year?

They were actually the worst 48 months of my life so far, silly marketing wabbit. Roll on 22, dole that isn't 100 euro har har.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

lads did anybody have any problems porting their number over?
    i want to switch but i cant afford to be without my business number, will i have no phone for a while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

TimMac wrote: »
    i want to switch but i cant afford to be without my business number, will i have no phone for a while?

I had, but that was when they were starting up.. 3 friends have ported over since and had no problems at all, they were told it would take up to 2 hours and about 30 minutes later lost signal in old sim, put in 48 sim and was working immediately... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

I had, but that was when they were starting up.. 3 friends have ported over since and had no problems at all, they were told it would take up to 2 hours and about 30 minutes later lost signal in old sim, put in 48 sim and was working immediately... :D

Mine took 3 days last week so it's not fully fixed yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭bren2001

I ported from o2 on Saturday. It took about an hour and a half. You maintain coverage with your old network for most of the porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 conlor27

Yeah i sent the porting thing on last thursday and about 7 emails to 48 and 10 calls to three(old network) later, im still no better off! Really pi**ed off, no phone for the last week now and 48 saying its threes fault and three saying its 48s.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

saa wrote: »
    18-22? so what I go to them and have to change phone company next year?

They were actually the worst 48 months of my life so far, silly marketing wabbit. Roll on 22, dole that isn't 100 euro har har.
    From reading this thread, your actual age is what you say it is... How does it feel to be 18 again? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

conlor27 wrote: »
    Yeah i sent the porting thing on last thursday and about 7 emails to 48 and 10 calls to three(old network) later, im still no better off! Really pi**ed off, no phone for the last week now and 48 saying its threes fault and three saying its 48s.

I would contact comreg about that and get them to look into it.

nava wrote: »
    conlor27 wrote: »

I would contact comreg about that and get them to look into it.

Thanks for that, took up your advice and comreg are on it now! Hopefully itll kick both companies into doing something. Comreg said it could take up to 10 days though :/ so another 10 days without a phone.

I was talking to one of the solicitors from o2 today. She came in to give us a lecture on contract law. I asked her how 48 gets away with the discrimination and she implied that it was a membership to a club and you can discriminate at certain ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

bren2001 wrote: »
    I was talking to one of the solicitors from o2 today. She came in to give us a lecture on contract law. I asked her how 48 gets away with the discrimination and she implied that it was a membership to a club and you can discriminate at certain ages.

At the end of the day, 48 is not a club.

It is blatant age discrimination by Telefonica in a desperate bid for market share.

Fungus wrote: »
    At the end of the day, 48 is not a club.

It is blatant age discrimination by Telefonica in a desperate bid for market share.

It is discrimination but its legal discrimination. A club, which is why you buy membership, can discriminate for certain ages. Same way some clubs and pubs in town are over 21 and over 23, legally they can do that but its discrimination.

I dont agree with it but its just what she implied.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Saw loads of ads for 48 in he last few weeks and my 1st impression was how can they get away with discriminating like that?

So on to their web site I went, but after a read of their terms and conditions nowhere did I find they actually discriminate on age nor was I asked how old I was.

I didn't actually sign up so it might have later, but at a glance all that is discriminatory is the marketing, why they would want to alienate people who would pay the €10 a month and use the service less than an a phone addicted 18-22 year old is beyond me :confused:

Maybe they figure anyone older is less likely to swtich, which kind of makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mickey1985

Just ported over from Meteor no hassle and im over the age of restriction

• Registered Users Posts: 42 orourkk3

So I ordered a sim card off 48 the other day. In the post today I got the 48 branded cardboard packaging but with absolutely nothing inside!! The package had been sealed with a piece of tape which was snapped. So my question is this, what should I have got in the sim switching pack. For those of you who have got the pack is their any literature inside and does it contain any personal information? Either 48 made a stupid mistake or somebody has swiped my 48 sim and I hope thats all they got!??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

orourkk3 wrote: »
    So I ordered a sim card off 48 the other day. In the post today I got the 48 branded cardboard packaging but with absolutely nothing inside!! The package had been sealed with a piece of tape which was snapped. So my question is this, what should I have got in the sim switching pack. For those of you who have got the pack is their any literature inside and does it contain any personal information? Either 48 made a stupid mistake or somebody has swiped my 48 sim and I hope thats all they got!??

Nothing in it only the sim, number, pin and puk... No personal information.

Still having issues with porting, 48 said they're looking into it an will get back to me tomorrow. When i ring my old number (number im trying to port) off any network bar 48 it says "the number cannot be reached" but when i ring off another 48 phone my phone rings! Very bizarre! Anyone know what this means?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

Has anybody had any hassle asking for the credit in the Shops that are participating in 48 Network , ie are they asking about your age etc???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

faolteam wrote: »
    Has anybody had any hassle asking for the credit in the Shops that are participating in 48 Network , ie are they asking about your age etc???

Seriously???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

faolteam wrote: »

Yeah but it's handy in a way. If you need to buy booze but don't have ID you can just show them you're on 48 and you'll get served no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭torrevieja

but seriously has anyone been asked there age epecially if there over teh ag e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Yeah but it's handy in a way. If you need to buy booze but don't have ID you can just show them you're on 48 and you'll get served no hassle.

I dont think waving a phone at someone is legal proof of ID . e.g you could have nicked or borrowed the phone from someone... plus they don't do age checks do they so you could be 15 with one.

Advertisement