Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laptop Harddrive

• 24-07-2001 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get these in Ireland ? apart from dell/gateway

Gav

( hum.. is that my 400 th ? )

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

If only I was able to give you karma.... smile.gif

Must I ask ?

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Laptops use standard 2.5" hard-drives, you can order them from any place that sell PC gear. You should make sure that the drive fits your laptop though, as the size of the drive increases so does the thickness, slightly.

If you can find out what manufacturer makes the the laptop drive you're currently using you should be able to find a compatible one (in terms of dimensions and power usage) made by them. IBM do laptop drives up to something silly like 45GB now, but I think only the ones up to 20GB would work in all laptops.

Do some research, most of the time people just send laptops back to get them upgraded, so it isn't too common for people to DIY laptop HD installation.

Teeth.

Advertisement