Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Top Ten (Worst) Games Ever!!

• 29-05-2010 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from a recent contrversial thread, it made sense to rattle off a list of your top ten hum dinger worst games. Here goes mine, in no particular oder:

1 - Pig Skin Footbrawl (MD)
    2 - Skitchin' (MD)
    3 - Kevin Keegans Player Manager (SNES)
    4 - Time Gal (MCD)
    5 - Jonah Lomu Rugby (MD)
    6 - Rise Of The Robots (Various, SNES prob worst)
    7 - F117 Nighthawk (MD, shudder)
    8 - Make My Video (MCD)
    9 - Eternal Champions (MD)
    10 - Sonic Spinball (MD)

Really this thread should be about games you have expericed/owned/rented...not quotes from a google list. This is actually harder than naming your favoutites, because these games are just so forgettable. Give it a shot, name the game that made you want to vomit all over your console & gargle with battery acid :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Hmm, it is tough alright, I would say any of the ps1/n64-era FIFA games..hated them. Would really have to think more about a top 10 list though! Oh and clayfighter 63 1/3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ghostchant wrote: »
    Hmm, it is tough alright, I would say any of the ps1/n64-era FIFA games..hated them. Would really have to think more about a top 10 list though! Oh and clayfighter 63 1/3.

Ah Clayfighter, I knew I had a surpressed memory in there somwhere :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Simpsons Wrestling (PSX)
    Italian Job (PSX)
    Crysis (PC)
    Kane and Lynch (PC)

Erm... That's all that I could come up with... You're right, it is bloody hard to come up with a list of games that you hate!
    For the record, I quite liked Clayfighter 2 (?) on the snes:p

tman wrote: »
    Crysis (PC)

I must be the only man in the land who loved Crysis :( Loved Warhead & am dying for Crysis2 ...although admittedly Im not sure if the old 8800GTX is up to the challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Hooligans:storm over europe(or something similarly sh1te!!)(PC)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Chronicles of the Sword ( PS1 )

Got a loan of the game when i was younger, I COULDNT ****ING FIND MERLIN ANYWHERE!

I'm getting chest pains just thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This is a list of games I had the misfortune of playing first hand. Either they were bought for me/traded in something fantastic for it or I had the horror of renting them out -

1. Last Battle (MD)
    2. Rise of the Robots (MD)
    3. Battle of the Ballz (MD)
    4. Sword of Sodan (MD)
    5. Dirty Challanger (Snes)
    6. Lone Soldier (PS1)
    7. Battle Arena Toshiden (PS1)
    8. Jupiter Strike (PS1)
    9. The N64 (We can put in consoles too, right?! :D)
    10. Halo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

I could pick ten for the N64 alone. Road Rash, Superman etc...

Some serious howlers about there though. Jurassic Park on the MD, One of the Alien games on the MD and obvo Rise of the Robots come to mind.

I love the n64! Completely agree about Ballz though, was terrible! And as bad as Tohshinden was, I did have some fun with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

ghostchant wrote: »
    I love the n64!

As do I. The amount of nonsense that came out for it was disproportionate to the amount of good games for it though.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    As do I. The amount of nonsense that came out for it was disproportionate to the amount of good games for it though.

Unfortunately the nonsense also included the controller. And the console itself. Awful looking things. Bad design all round.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

In fairness the Ps2 is a far uglier console than the N64.

It's really tough to list off worst games ever really since I tend to avoid bad games! The two absolute stinkers I can think of though are Dark Castle on the MD and Mercs on the C64.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

It's really tough to list off worst games ever really since I tend to avoid bad games! The two absolute stinkers I can think of though are Dark Castle on the MD and Mercs on the C64.

Ooohh Mercs via C64...now that IS bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The games I disliked the most, the worst games are:
    1-Streets of Rage/2/3
    2-Golden Axe series
    3-Any thing with anything to do with soccer management.
    4-Road Rash on the Gameboy
    5-Need for Speed 2 on the PS.
    6-Formula One '98 on PS
    7-Rise of the Robots
    8-FFVII
    9-Lone Soldier, good one o1s1n, that was pants.
    10-Pit Fighter

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    1-Streets of Rage/2/3
    2-Golden Axe series

:eek: Troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I loved Skitchin' (jabs OP with cattle prod) and the Road Rashes and the Golden Axes. :(

Ruu wrote: »
    I loved Skitchin' (jabs OP with cattle prod)

Leader of the Troll People!!! :p:p

That game still haunts me man, the graphics, the sound, the premise....barf.

The was a huge roller blade craze many moons ago and all I used to hear in school was skitchin this skitchin that...then I tried it. Suffice it to say, xtra vision were happy that evening when it was returned 45 mins later. :D

BUT - Im not hear to criticise, keep listing!

Master of the Universe

Not at all.

Lying flat, the ps2 looks crap. The front where the ports are looks awful. But standing up, with only the monolith side showing and the ps2 logo, it looks pretty slick.

The n64 on the other hand hasn't a clue what it's trying to be. It looks like crap from any angle. Completely nondescript lump of black plastic with a few curves thrown in.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

9-Lone Soldier, good one o1s1n, that was pants.

Wasn't it just? This is a weird one though, when I was a kid in 5th class, myself and my friend drew a comic called 'Violence' (!)and the lead character was 'Lone Soldier'.

I saw that game a few years later and had the biggest 'WTF?!' moment. It got even weirder when I looked inside, the booklet had a comic strip in it. Which pretty much looked the exact same as what we'd been drawing.

Either plagarism or our comic was highly unoriginal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Here is my list.
    1. Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing
    It's an abomination. A beautiful, terrifying abomination.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought Skitchin a couple of years ago for the MD, not because I love the game or anything, but because it belongs, spiritually at least, to the MD Road Rash series, and I have all of those, RRII being the best imho.
    But, try as I might, I couldn't get into Skitchin, odd controls, it shows up the limitations of the Road Rash engine as well, plus it has a really bad name!

Lone Soldier was built up at the time to be huge, and all it was crap.
    Same, more recently, with Haze, Fracture, Killzone, Lair, hey, aren't they all on the PS3?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

o1s1n wrote: »
    Unfortunately the nonsense also included the controller. And the console itself. Awful looking things. Bad design all round.

Well you would say that, you're the mod of a Sega forum...

Master of the Universe

tman wrote: »
    Well you would say that, you're the mod of a Sega forum...

heh...

I'm also a fine art graduate with a degree from NCAD which says I have the knowledge to state what is aesthetically pleasing and what looks like complete arse.

So from my educated opinion, the n64 looks like complete arse. :pac:

jimi_t2 wrote: »

True enough, though could say the same for many consoles, the ps1 and the DS being the first two that come to mind, the DS being my favourite console of all time.

I really loved the n64 controller, felt really natural to play the likes of Mario 64, F-Zero and Ocarina of Time with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

EnterNow wrote: »
    9 - Eternal Champions (MD)

Really this thread should be about games you have expericed/owned/rented...not quotes from a google list. This is actually harder than naming your favoutites, because these games are just so forgettable. Give it a shot, name the game that made you want to vomit all over your console & gargle with battery acid :pac:
    While it was no streetfighter Eternal champions was a solid enough 1 on 1 fighter .There was a lot worse released for the meg!

While it was no streetfighter Eternal champions was a solid enough 1 on 1 fighter .There was a lot worse released for the meg!

I found it horrific man. Really forgettable game, in terms of one on one fighters - Kung Fu on the 2600 was better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Hmmm... of games I owned or had extensive access to...

Chase HQ (C64)
    Altered Beast (Megadrive, but esp C64) - though it was a bit of a guilty pleasure
    Universal Soldier (Megadrive) ... Not a particularly awful game, but marked because it was a fantastic game before it was made and somehow became a mediocre game in a sort of negative-game-making experiment...
    Double Dragon (C64)
    Final Fight (C64) - in fact most C64 conversions of arcade games were like this
    Ace 2 (C64)
    WWF Wrestemania (C64) - Wiggle the joystick really fast? I'm convinced it wrecked at least one of my joysticks...

More as I think of them

komodosp wrote: »
    WWF Wrestemania (C64) - Wiggle the joystick really fast? I'm convinced it wrecked at least one of my joysticks...

Ah..."Atari 2600 Decathlon Syndrome"...

That game wrecked many a joystick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's Daley Thompsons Decathalon syndrome for me but that game rocked :)

Hmm... have a new game that I really hated. The Darkness on the 360 really didn't sit right with me. The supposed excellent story was rubbish other than one or two good cutscenes. Gameplay was non existent with you spending most of your time shooting lights out instead of shooting enemies and when you did get to shoot enemies their AI was the worst I've seen in a very long time. That's not to mention your helper minions that didn't exactly help since they spent most of the time getting stuck in the walls.

It's Daley Thompsons Decathalon syndrome for me but that game rocked :)

Was it not just called Decathlon, or were there a few of them?

Decathlon, destroyer of joysticks.

• Advertisement

The Daley Thompson game came out later in 86 or 88 on the C64, CPC and Speccy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement