Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUESS shop, South Anne Street

• 16-06-2006 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to share something with you all!!Anyone paid a visit yet? Went there yesterday and it was retail heaven. Would definitley recommend a visit. Make sure to go to first floor though! Selection on ground floor is really limited, but shoes, bags, watches and belts on 1st floor are amazing!!!! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Guess bags in Ireland (BT) are disgustingly overpriced compared to Guess in America which is a bit like River Island or Oasis. Is the new Guess shop any better or are prices just as inflated??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Brilliant! I love Guess, the bags are amazing. What are the prices like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I have 4 of their bags and 3 pairs of shoes, purchased all of them in South of France when I go to visit my folks where prices are substantially cheaper, roughly about 30%. So yes, the Dublin store is expensive but my philosophy would be that every girl deserves a treat and it's definitley worth a visit when one's spirits needs lifting :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Guess have had Anna Nicole Smith and Paris Hilton as their spokesmodels in recent years - perfect for the LA trash look that you can get by wearing their clothes!

That said, the accessories are great. Love the watches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Must go in, I was in their wholesale shop in Vegas and the stuff was great. The bags are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Thats so weird..I was gonna start a thread the other day lookin for GUESS stockists! Thanks for saving me the trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭compsys

It's closed now. Pity. Dublin, and in particular the Grafton Street area, could do with more up-market, branded clothing stores like Guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

compsys wrote: »
    It's closed now. Pity. Dublin, and in particular the Grafton Street area, could do with more up-market, branded clothing stores like Guess..

+ 1.

Less of the Jack & Jones and Next type stores and more of the 'real' Diesel and Replay type stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

compsys wrote: »

That's a pity but it was always empty. I was just in America and the selection was so much better than what we get here (and the prices were a lot better too!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

When did it close down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

sitstill wrote: »
    When did it close down?

Probably because Arnotts stock a larger range of their handbags than Guess' own store and in some cases were even cheaper. Or maybe it was just the recession.

Personally i found the Guess store a bit off-putting.

Advertisement