Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floyd Mayweather Vs Miguel Cotto

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

cotto 11/2 on pp worth a little bet !

Giving away your money. It's just not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

cotto 11/2 on pp worth a little bet !

That's a fantastic price !!! Cotto at 154 is going to be a hard nights work for Floyd , if cotto doesn't run out of steam or get frustrated he has a real chance here !!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

sweetswing wrote: »
    That's a fantastic price !!! Cotto at 154 is going to be a hard nights work for Floyd , if cotto doesn't run out of steam or get frustrated he has a real chance here !!

I can see no way in which Cotto wins this on points. Only way I see him winning is if he catches Mayweather with a peach of a shot and stops him. Again unlikely. I'd love to be proven wrong but he's just on another level really.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And if he's to win on points he will need to dominate. I feel that if this fight is in anyway close, PBF gets the nod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Anyone know what time the weigh in is at? Not expecting any Chisora-like drama but would still like to see it

• Advertisement

Anyone know what time the weigh in is at? Not expecting any Chisora-like drama but would still like to see it

2230 hrs BoxNation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Sham Courtney

Gwan Mayweather kid! Knock him out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

sweetswing wrote: »

More chance of Sugar shane beating Canelo

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

I think the fight being at 154 can give Cotto some chance. I dont Floyd will have it as much his way as some people think.

Buncey juts claimed that PBFs 32 million dollar guaranteed purse for the fight tomorrow is the higest in history. Highest purse in any single sports event I'd say.

Colonel Bob Sheridan is at the weigh in doing commentary. Excellent commentating voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

I slipped up in the betting Bet Fair 67/1 draw and i took 33/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Weigh in live now on CNN

Mosley has 1 hr to lose a half a lb

Alvarez bang on.

PBF is 151 lbs

Cotto is 154 lbs

Mayweather is chewing the life out of a piece of gum. Never seen anyone look more ridiculous. Some lengthy staredown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

walshb wrote: »
    PBF is 151 lbs

Cotto is 154 lbs

unusual to give away 3 lbs

although if he is right he is right

Come on PBF, King of the Ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

PBF is 151 lbs

Cotto is 154 lbs

At his heaviest ever and looking ripped-I think Cotto is in for a sore night tomorrow..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

PBF looked great

efb wrote: »
    PBF looked great

He really does look in excellent shape. Cotto is in for a very tough night tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

cowzerp wrote: »
    PBF is 151 lbs

Cotto is 154 lbs

At his heaviest ever and looking ripped-I think Cotto is in for a sore night tomorrow..
    rounds 3-4 key for cotto he really has to connect here to have a chance but speed is key to this fight so floyds to take. hope cotto does well, deserves this fight more than anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭bacon?

Can anyone tell me what time the fight starts? USA time.... I'm in China, so, I'm sure it will be Sunday morning sometime for me, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Henno30

Cotto didn't look that cut to me, but everyone keeps saying he's very comfortable at the weight so maybe it doesn't matter.

Great staredown. Cotto is made for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I put a tenner on Mayweather to win in the 10th round at 18/1. Really looking forward to this fight, have a feeling Cotto will be Impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

intense staredown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anybody know what station this is on?

I can't find it anywhere.

ooPabsoo wrote: »

Thanks for posting the link.

Found that episode as bland as the other three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Henno30

Thanks for posting the link.

Found that episode as bland as the other three.

It was worse. It was the worst episode of 24/7 there has been. Even the normally reliable closing montage/monologue was really poor. HBO need to shake up that production team.

On the fight itself, it's going to be very interesting to see how well Cotto takes Floyd's shots and how good a job of stalking Floyd he's capable of doing. If you look back at the Cotto-Judah fight, Zab caught Cotto with a beautiful counter uppercut in the first round which wobbled Cotto pretty badly. Given that you'd expect Cotto to hammer the body in a similar fashion from the off tonight, and given Floyd's timing and accuracy, you'd expect to see Cotto's chin come in for a serious test early on. If he can take the shots and keep throwing back, he might well take Floyd somewhere uncomfortable and give him a real test.

• Advertisement

I'd be suprised if PBF can get a KO here. He isn't the type of fighter to lay down a lot of leather and aggression, and less so at this stage in his career. This is what Cotto does not like. Marg and Manny both are pretty intense. Cotto is also no dummy. He won't simply be beaten up all night. He is well capable of defending, moving, duckin, diving, spoiling and even running. I see Floyd pot shotting to a clear win. Maybe he will up the pace and volume and we'll be in for a good action fight and a masterclass. I really hope Cotto tests Floyd and at least gives it his all. Hope he throws plenty of good and clever punches and applies some pressure to at least make Floyd respond intensely.

Advertisement