Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"file downloaded" SMS from Meteor

• 23-03-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what this text means from meteor? Just "file downloaded", no other info and definitely didn't download anything from the site or anything...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Happened to me yesterday, no idea what that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Hi - I also got this - not in the form of a text message though - it popped up earlier today on my iphone.

There is a thread here on meteors forums about it. I don't have an account there so can't post but I'd like to know what is going on myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Got this as well just now, very odd; I do think it is possible for your phone settings to be remotely updated, so I wonder if it was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Got the same thing this morning too. Looked weird. No idea what it was though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Got this the other day on my phone, and me missus got it today. I took a screenshot.

This is a Desire S on CM7.1

file_downloaded.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Their network is so crap lately i wonder what this mystery file was sounds dodgy to me-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Got it on two iPhones and a Samsung Wave. All on meteor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is Premium Text Message scam/spam and your credit will start to disappear very quickly any minute now. Dunno which of the premium text message scammers were behind it though....there are so many of the cnuts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Got it today again :S

Rang meteor they told me it was settings. But I find that hard to believe seeing as your network cant update settings on windows phone or iOS for that matter over a text message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭TBi

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It is Premium Text Message scam/spam and your credit will start to disappear very quickly any minute now. Dunno which of the premium text message scammers were behind it though....there are so many of the cnuts :(

I got it on saturday and no credit gone missing yet. Where did you find out it's a premium text message?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Think it affects certain phones by triggering the wap subsystem and opting you into premium text message.

If it was SETTINGS an operator configuration or operator settings text message would remain in your inbox in many cases. Not this time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭TBi

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Think it affects certain phones by triggering the wap subsystem and opting you into premium text message.

If it was SETTINGS an operator configuration or operator settings text message would remain in your inbox in many cases. Not this time though.

Well thankfully my WP7 phone wasn't affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Just wondering with the time change on Sat night / Sun morning could it have been something to reset the clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

From the Meteor forum linked above:
    HI Guys,

There is no need to worry,we checked this out and I can confirm that it is a network update , we needed to update our list of preferred roaming partners to ensure you get the best value roaming rates when you are using your phone abroad. You will not be charged for this, no credit has been taken from your account and no information is being shared with any other parties.

Apologies for any confusion.

Steven

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Slunk wrote: »
    From the Meteor forum linked above:

Sounds about right, Networks normally update Preferred Roaming Partners (Stored on the Sim) by Silent SMS.

I suppose with all the new OS's out there tney are not so silent anymore.

Advertisement