Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maeve Binchy R.I.P.

• 30-07-2012 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭

So sad to hear of Maeve Binchy's passing today.
    I read a lot of her book's. Some I often re read and never bore of them. I loved the way she portrayed her characters, often I could imagine her smile as I was reading. Her books are like a balm to my soul. Comfort reading in the loveliest imaginable way
    I also liked her when I saw her in interviews, esp with Gay Byrne. She just had a lovely way about her.
    Condolences to her family and friends
    R.I.P. Maeve Binchy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

RIP maeve

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Rest in peace Maeve, a huge loss to the world of literature.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lac21

Rest in peace Maeve. I've been reading her books since I was twelve. Have re-read them many times. They are the ultimate comfort read.
    In the recent RTE documentary about her life, she came across as a really warm and caring lady. Condolences to her husband Gordon and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I remember reading 'Circle of Friends' as a young teenager and mitching from school when the film came to our local cinema in the mid 90s. Happy days :):):)

Maeve will live on through her books.

RIP Maeve Binchy

Edit:

RTE are showing Maeve Binchy: At Home in the World tonight (Tues) on RTE 1 @ 10:05pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Rip , hope their is a place for her on the other side . Hope they set her a place at the table for the last supper :0)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

RIP Maeve- I have so much respect for her as a writer and was pleasantly surprised to see that she volunteered on an Israeli kibbutz back in the 60s- a woman before her time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Very sad..... All the GOOD people are leaving and people with NO TALENT are taking over frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Maeve was such a delightful woman to listen to and a wonderful writer. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 conningbeg

RIP Maeve Binchy. You were a great writer and left behind a great legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rad!

As the narrator says, take 5 minutes of your time and enjoy Maeve Binchy doing what she does best

• Advertisement
Advertisement