Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber

• 06-04-2011 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Anyone any news on its release date?
    Viber on fb being very sketchy. Kinda giving up hope at this stage.

Previous thread got locked, thanks to soneone stirring.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I haven't heard a thing. Looking forward to it mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i think this is a shill account for viber.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

subway wrote: »
    i think this is a shill account for viber.

Created in 2006 with over 1000 posts?

Otacon wrote: »
    Created in 2006 with over 1000 posts?
    why not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Hopefully be out soon anyways

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ghandee wrote: »
    Anyone any news on its release date?
    Viber on fb being very sketchy. Kinda giving up hope at this stage.

Previous thread got locked, thanks to soneone stirring.:rolleyes:
    Tbh I think mod's were right to lock it. It was in the end mostly talking about latest iphone release and constantly looking saying Android was coming... How long is the wait now!

I look forward to it's release whenever that will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Damn, I saw this thread on the home page and assumed Viber must have been released today if there is a new thread open about it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

s_carnage wrote: »
    Damn, I saw this thread on the home page and assumed Viber must have been released today if there is a new thread open about it!!

Lets just hope this one status on topic and avoids another lock so.

Shill account he says?
    :rolleyes:

i knew it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

subway wrote: »
    i knew it!

Yawn.....

• Advertisement

meh, just having a laugh, the other thread being locked was a joke, this one may as well be locked for the same reason.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have been in communication with Viber - they said hopefully the beta will be out in 3-4 weeks, but the final version will be 6-8 weeks. This could change considerably as they ran into some issues and are not prepared to release the product until they are happy it is complete. That viber account from the last locked thread was not a shill, he came to boards after I blogged about it and he answered a lot of questions in my blog, I then directed him to my post on this forum.

Keep and eye on this thread: http://support.viber.com/entries/344126

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Dam, closed already. However I had already registered with the previous beta list. Hmmm.

Guys I have been in further contact with Ittai from the Viber PR Office - the beta is ready and will be kicking off any moment. The Tech Crunch one was just their starter PR Effort to get the word out, but all those who signed up on the Beta List will be getting the email in the next few days - starting with those who signed up first. You'll get an email with a link on where to download the app.

Sweeeeet!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Can you post it here or send it on when you get it?

Nice one. I signed up a few months back. Really looking forward to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ipnface

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ipnface wrote: »

Cheers. Just installed it there. I'm not a fan of the iPhone like interface so hopefully they change that soon.

after what seems like seven months building it and a few more of a beta phase, I wouldn't get your hopes up!

• Advertisement

Only 8 of my friends have it installed. Best invite more

So what's the story if I send the apk onto me mate?

You have to register before you can use the apk. simply follow the instructions above.

You have to register before you can use the apk. simply follow the instructions above.

Oh yeah I have it and it seems to be working grand. Told me mate to register and get it but he said its only 500 downloads at the moment. Was just wondering if I sent on the apk to him would it work for him

its open to everybody. this registration page is different to the previous one.

its open to everybody.

Ah right. Thought that meself. May tell me friend to piss off and get it himself so lol

GGGGRRRRRAAAAAGGGHHH!!! Won't work for me!!

I downloaded the file first and ran it, cause I thought I was ok having registered before, but got the error. So I uninstalled, registered on the phone, then downloaded again, ran, but now I'm getting the same error. Grrrrr

did you register using my link? note that your number must be the exact same in the registration and in the app. that is the most important part.

Ahh ok got it, not sure why it did not work last time. Sweet! Now to play with it.

I had to register again also. That's weird it's not working for ya now though

• Advertisement

Working fine now :)

When I sent a message, does the tick mean it has been delivered to the other persons phone? Whatsapp has two ticks, one for delivered to the server and one for delivered.

Advertisement