Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Offers and Fetac

• 06-08-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

How does this work with Fetac Level 5? Very confused tbh.

I've seen a few people get offers already but i haven't got any yet. How does it work?

I've seen people say 'Higher Links' & 'Pilot Scheme'. Whats the difference between the 2 and how do i find out which one i am.

Will i still have a chance of getting an offer on the 23rd?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 thanatos12

Most offers dont happen until the 23rd, I myself was lucky enough to get an offer yesterday but there were very few giving out yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tammyme

Mak_United wrote: »
    How does this work with Fetac Level 5? Very confused tbh.

I've seen a few people get offers already but i haven't got any yet. How does it work?

I've seen people say 'Higher Links' & 'Pilot Scheme'. Whats the difference between the 2 and how do i find out which one i am.

Will i still have a chance of getting an offer on the 23rd?

it depends on what course u were doing and what u applied for. the higher links scheme is related directly to your course eg. if u get 5 specific distinctions eg communications plus 4 others then you may be succesful in getting a 3rd level place that requires those modules eg.
    to get Social Science you would need to get a full DCHSX award with distinctions in communications, human growth and development, work experiance, care practice and provision etc.

the pilot links scheme applies to IT's for plc colleges in your area. eg.
    in cork, people from college of comm, CSN and St. Johns can apply under this scheme and there are places reserved for people applying directly from those plc colleges. same applies to the other counties.

sorry if i've made that confusing!
    only a few offers were made yest, the bulk will be made on the 23rd along with the leaving certs, so don't worry yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Tammye is not a 100% accurate in stating that the pilot links scheme applies to IT's for plc colleges in your area. eg.in cork, people from college of comm, CSN and St. Johns can apply under this scheme and there are places reserved for people applying directly from those plc colleges. same applies to the other counties."

The Pilot scheme applies to anyone regardless of location of completion of a FETAC Level 5 and there are no places reserved like in the Higher Education Links scheme. FETAC students compete with Leaving Cert students for places. For the FETAC applciant this involves the substitution of your Leaving Cert with FETAC. Before you ask the two can not be combined. Some IoTs limit the number of FETAC applicants they take before in theory if they dont a course in an IoT could be drawn from entirely FETAC applicants. In direct contrast the Higher Education Links Scheme is limited places, lots of criteria in terms of module requirements and restricted. Check out http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/learners/hels/hels.htm for full details.

Advertisement