Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon Set Top Box trial

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Achilles wrote: »
    Has anybody else's box just refused to record shows lately?

yes and trying to re set them and its telling us no information available , so cant do it...another reboot required

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

when i get the twonky key where do i input it?

When you download the program on a PC or Mac. I didn't have to enter it on my iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

i have mine about 3 weeks and the only problems i've had is the remote is a bit unresponsive and sometimes the aaps crash other than tat everthin works perfect . . i asked on twiiter today aswell about some hd channels replacin the sd channel was told tat soon enough tat all the hd channels will replace the sd ones

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭e21man

Just in reply to anyone having the hanging/freezing problem

what do you have connected to your router as in wired straight in .

i have a NAS(Dlink DNS-323) a Popcorn media player, xbox 360 and a PC

I unplugged the media player and put it staight into the NAS and i have had no freezing/hanging issues
    I than placed only my media player back in and back came the freezing i have no uPNP server set up on the media player so its not that
    i have a static ip address now on my Media player to see if DHCP is causing an issue
    I have also ticked the Multicast and upnp checboxes on Horizon page(192.168.192.1) see if this helps.

What i have noticed is that i am getting the issue always between 3AM and 4AM and between 5PM and 7PM

hopefully tonight the changes i have made work if not im not sure whats going on between the media player and the horizon box
    unless its just 2 media players not getting along :)

Oh this is my 2nd box now first one had the freezing/hanging problem too but did no troubleshooting on
    my own equipnment until i got the second box and it started the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭antoisspence

If there's any people reading this who rang UPC and got their original router re-activated while still having the Horizon box, did doing so affect the cost in anyway? My desktop connection drops at least once every hour so I'm thinking of having my router re-activated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

e21man wrote: »
    Just in reply to anyone having the hanging/freezing problem

what do you have connected to your router as in wired straight in .

i have a NAS(Dlink DNS-323) a Popcorn media player, xbox 360 and a PC

I unplugged the media player and put it staight into the NAS and i have had no freezing/hanging issues
    I than placed only my media player back in and back came the freezing i have no uPNP server set up on the media player so its not that
    i have a static ip address now on my Media player to see if DHCP is causing an issue
    I have also ticked the Multicast and upnp checboxes on Horizon page(192.168.192.1) see if this helps.

What i have noticed is that i am getting the issue always between 3AM and 4AM and between 5PM and 7PM

hopefully tonight the changes i have made work if not im not sure whats going on between the media player and the horizon box
    unless its just 2 media players not getting along :)

Oh this is my 2nd box now first one had the freezing/hanging problem too but did no troubleshooting on
    my own equipnment until i got the second box and it started the same way.
    I've a Cisco Router attached. Nothing else goes directly into the horizon box.

The remote stopped working or the box stopped responding to it today again, had to restart box. The remote itself was able to change the TV channel and sound and source so I assume the box just stopped "listening" to it.
    Reboot sorted.
    Watched two on demand progs today, sounded stopped on both after a few minutes, requiring a "Back to start" to get it sorted.......

Not happy at the moment tbh......
    If any UPC reps want to PM me, please do .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Has anyone being able to schedule a remote record via the iPhone app ?

Also the guide is now only shown as gas as Tuesday which is a nuisance as I am trying to reschedule the series recordings that got lost in the upgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

So BBC1 just got replaced by BBC 1 HD, but no sound.

Anyone else have this issue?

Also while watching on demand program's the sound dropped of after a few minutes, my three year old is not happy with UPC as both Barney and Angelina were affected

ted1 wrote: »
    Also while watching on demand program's the sound dropped of after a few minutes, my three year old is not happy with UPC as both Barney and Angelina were affected

Fireman Sam episodes for me.....
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Deleted a program I recorded yesterday while the Horizon box was recording a program being transmitted tonight. I made 100% sure that I was pressing the right buttons after deleting all of my recordings a few days ago thanks to delayed reaction remote but what happened this evening is that the program I recorded yesterday is still there and the one I was recording has disappeared.

I know it was recording the program I wanted to record because when I scrolled through the channels I could see the active recording icon against the channel and the series record instruction was there in My Horizon Planner. When I viewed the series record in the planner however, it stubbornly claimed that tonight's episode had been recorded so I had no choice but to scrub the series record and program it in again in order to catch the next repeat of the episode I missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

Dont have de BBC issue but my ESPN HD is gone off my channels

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

deeroy12 wrote: »
    Dont have de BBC issue but my ESPN HD is gone off my channels

ESPN HD and HISTORY HD have gone missing for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Hi all,

I decided to post here after googling "UPC Horizon Fail"

Similar problems to many people here. I got my second box today, spent about an hour on the phone sorting out the broadband, which kept doing some vanishing act that really confused everyone.

But once again this evening......my box froze again. has anyone gone back to the +HD box or is that even allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Had this issue, not near my box yet but its something like settings, audio setings and disable dolby ac3 I think. This worked for me

Took an update today. Just noticed there are new apps. Google maps, Picasa, AA, myhome.ie, yelp, rotten tomatoes and more.

Google maps is surprisingly good, Picasa is pretty sweet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

ESPN HD and HISTORY HD have gone missing for me.

I've lost ESPN HD as well, the box froze last night after only recording 5 minutes of Game 2 in the basketball.

I have History HD, but I don't have Setanta HD anymore. Maybe some other channels are missing as well.

What's the best way to get them back? Phone UPC, factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 allforju

Getting really really sick of this remote. Have had to reboot twice already this morning. Cannot change channel by imputting numbers on the remote. Have to go into the guide. Planned programs have disappeared off my planner. I know we are on a trial and I did expect some issues but the ones I am expecting are really annoying oh and btw ESPN HD has disappeared.

The HD channels have replaced the sd channels, look again

After my intial changes to tick the multicast and upnp box on the router page i had a freeze at 22:05 last night

I decided to change the DHCP expired time from 24 hours to 8 hours i also changed the address range from 192.168.192.2 to 192.168.192.20

Box froze at 5:30AM last morning so i have no clue what is causing the issue or what to chage next i think i might just keep my media connected directly to the NAS box i have.

Kippy do you have anything connected to the cisco router or is that just for wireless access?
    when you get the freeze does your screen just go black this is whats happening to me

• Advertisement

e21man wrote: »
    After my intial changes to tick the multicast and upnp box on the router page i had a freeze at 22:05 last night

I decided to change the DHCP expired time from 24 hours to 8 hours i also changed the address range from 192.168.192.2 to 192.168.192.20

Box froze at 5:30AM last morning so i have no clue what is causing the issue or what to chage next i think i might just keep my media connected directly to the NAS box i have.

Kippy do you have anything connected to the cisco router or is that just for wireless access?
    when you get the freeze does your screen just go black this is whats happening to me
    I have a windows 7 PC hardwired into it, as well as a homeplug. Everything else is wireless into it.
    TBH I dont know why anything happening on this box should interfere with the Horizon. The horizon just sees it as one device using a IP.
    If anything this box is taking load OFF the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

I had a similar issue, but I know the reason .. It is because of the Dolby sound on BBC HD

My Horizon box goes through a Denon amp and then back to Panasonic TV.
    I normally just leave the Denon amp in standby and the HDMI pass -through works ok.
    The issue I have is if I enable the Dolby (ac3) Ouput via Audio settings on the Horizon box, I don't get any sound on any of the channels that have dolby enabled (like BBC1 HD) unless I leave my Amp ON. I get no sound if I leave the Amp in standby. I don't think is a fault with the box, but just a problem with my setup. I guess it makes sense that you need to have the amp on to play the Dolby sound ..

Anyway, I just disable the Dolby AC3, if I want to leave my Amp in standby ..

kippy wrote: »
    I have a windows 7 PC hardwired into it, as well as a homeplug. Everything else is wireless into it.
    TBH I dont know why anything happening on this box should interfere with the Horizon. The horizon just sees it as one device using a IP.
    If anything this box is taking load OFF the horizon.

Have you tried unplugging if for the night see if your box is still freezing?

im unsure why my media player or your router is affecting it but something is going wrong love to get my hands on the logs of the horizon box see where its hanging

I have changed the domain name on the horizon box is on from net to WORKGROUP to same as my PC and my media box see if that helps feeling like nothing i do will fix it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kitsy13

Did anyone hear anything about ESPN HD, its the only HD channel that im still missing on horizon since last evening, still have the SD ESPN...Living HD also appeared on the channel before the UPC info channel (100) last night which is weird !!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

ted1 wrote: »
    The HD channels have replaced the sd channels, look again

Unfortunately not!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

kitsy13 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear anything about ESPN HD, its the only HD channel that im still missing on horizon since last evening, still have the SD ESPN...Living HD also appeared on the channel before the UPC info channel (100) last night which is weird !!

ESPN HD still missing for me also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

deeroy12 wrote: »
    ESPN HD still missing for me also

Don't worry too much about it, ESPN is going to be gone completely in a few weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Are they pulling out of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

That's odd, have ESPN HD here in Galway. Perhaps a temporary difference in the rollout between different areas?

Glad this is being done though why BBC 2 HD is marooned in the upper 100s is a bit odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

They do seem to be reshuffling the channel list, over the last few days I'd select one channel and when highlighted another would appear. I assume it'll settle down after a while, but you'd wonder if those changes in themselves will mess with any scheduled recordings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement