Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanking Virgins on a Holy Day

• 09-04-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why didn't I find this tradition yesterday. Ohh too be Czech, spank the daughter on Easter Sunday and get a vodka shot for your trouble from her Daddy. I wonder will it catch on here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

What's the point of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

After the camera stops rolling they rape that poor girl and leave her for dead on a railroad track. Let's hope it doesn't catch on here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Corvo

Strange, strange people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

Wet t-shirt competition...I hope those people aren't related to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Miss Wet T-Shirt competitions have been round for years FFS........

edit ; too late.......... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Thats a bit mad. I thought it might have something to do with Mary Magdelane but no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_customs

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

More water....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ladypip wrote: »
    Thats a bit mad. I thought it might have something to do with Mary Magdelane but no.

it's an old one for fertility in ancient greece, not surprising it's done at easter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ Adalynn Wailing Network

cloud493 wrote: »
    What's the point of it?

You're spanking some young wan in wet t-shirt.

What more reason do you need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

This is hot!

Now I'm off to spank the monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

Fart wrote: »
    This is hot!

Now I'm off to spank the monkey.

What do you mean off? In these modern times it is customary to stay near the computer while partaking in such acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

What do you mean off? In these modern times it is customary to stay near the computer while partaking in such acts.

Off Boards for 20 seconds or so.

Back!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,873 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You did it twice?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

In one of the related video's it has a girl getting spanked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=AgITE4hFLXw

I have no idea if it's an ethnic custom or some ppl having a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's not misogynistic.. it's done to ensure that the woman folk don't lose their beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Easter Monday whippings for health, fertility and beauty.
    In the Czech Republic and Slovakia, a tradition of spanking or whipping is carried out on Easter Monday. In the morning, men spank women with a special handmade whip called a pomlázka (in Czech) or korbáč (in Slovak), or, in eastern Moravia and Slovakia, throw cold water on them. The pomlázka/korbáč consists of eight, twelve or even twenty-four withies (willow rods), is usually from half a meter to two meters long and decorated with coloured ribbons at the end. The spanking is not painful or intended to cause suffering. A legend says that women should be spanked with a whip in order to keep their health and beauty during the whole next year.[1]

An additional purpose can be for men to exhibit their attraction to women; unvisited women can even feel offended. Traditionally, the spanked woman gives a coloured egg and sometimes a small amount of money to the man as a sign of her thanks. In some regions, the women can get revenge in the afternoon or the following day when they can pour a bucket of cold water on any man. The habit slightly varies across Slovakia and the Czech Republic. A similar tradition existed in Poland (where it is called Dyngus Day), but it is now little more than an all-day water fight.

It's the adoption of whipping from the roman pagan festival of lupercalia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupercalia
    The rites were directed by the Luperci, the "brothers of the wolf (lupus)", a corporation of sacerdotes (priests) of Faunus, dressed only in a goatskin, whose institution is attributed either to the Arcadian Evander, or to Romulus and Remus. The Luperci were divided into two collegia, called Quinctiliani (or Quinctiales) and Fabiani, from the gens Quinctilia (or Quinctia) and gens Fabia; at the head of each of these colleges was a magister. In 44 BC, a third college, the Julii, was instituted in honor of Julius Caesar, the first magister of which was Mark Antony. In imperial times the members were usually of equestrian standing.

The festival began with the sacrifice by the Luperci (or the flamen dialis) of two male goats and a dog.[8] Next two young patrician Luperci were led to the altar, to be anointed on their foreheads with the sacrificial blood, which was wiped off the bloody knife with wool soaked in milk, after which they were expected to smile and laugh.

The sacrificial feast followed, after which the Luperci cut thongs from the skins of the victims, which were called februa, dressed themselves in the skins of the sacrificed goats, in imitation of Lupercus, and ran round the walls of the old Palatine city, the line of which was marked with stones, with the thongs in their hands in two bands, striking the people who crowded near. Girls and young women would line up on their route to receive lashes from these whips. This was supposed to ensure fertility, prevent sterility in women and ease the pains of childbirth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

"virgins"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

maglite wrote: »
    "virgins"

Yeah I lol'ed at that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Lovely stuff :cool:

Not my words but the words of Shakin' Stevens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Virgins me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Didn't see this where I live yesterday. I understand it's supposed to be more of a culchie thing.

I did have quite a funny week teaching English the last few days. I asked students what they were doing for Easter and they told me they were going to hit women with a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭seawoman

"Pasowanie" Tradition in Poland, on your 18 birthday, 19.. 20... most time only on 18.

Example:

[HTML]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5557128036033934460[/HTML]

Advertisement