Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

is drinking water important for mass building?

• 26-03-2015 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

trying to eat a calorie surplus the whole time. have now taken to trying to drink 3 litres of full fat milk every day. milk now really is the one liquid I drink more or less bar a cup of tea or two. don't really drink water anymore. would not drinking water have any effects? really by time I have 3 litres of milk drank at the end of the day I have enough drank and cant drink anymore as such

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Drink water first thing in the morning. Follow whatever programme you're on after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭jh79

Sure milk is mostly water anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,013 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Milk is close almost 90% water, so are drinking plenty of water. Add to that water from your food and you are getting 3 litres or more per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The modern mass hysteria of drinking enough water is just bonkers. Do you feel thirsty all the time? Does your pee come out a thick yellow all the time? If not, you're well hydrated.

I imagine drinking three litres of milk would be more than enough hydration for the day.

Do you not drinking water while working out, out of curiosity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Zillah wrote: »
    The modern mass hysteria of drinking enough water is just bonkers. Do you feel thirsty all the time? Does your pee come out a thick yellow all the time? If not, you're well hydrated.

I imagine drinking three litres of milk would be more than enough hydration for the day.

Do you not drinking water while working out, out of curiosity?

One should be fully hydrated before you start your workout if your interested in maximizing your performance. I've been focusing on this myself recently and have noticed I don't need to go for the water bottle nearly as much during the workout and feel better for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement