Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newspaper dropped through letter box today - disgusting

• 26-04-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭GOODME

This newspaper was delivered at a house in Doughiska area today. I could not believe my eyes when a relation posted these picture for us to see.

See photos

Imagine it is todays paper (FREE) which is distribited to peoples houses in Galway city. It was like person who put through a letter box had done lots with it as it also had been written on etc. In short may I should say a maybe filthy paper.

I can not believe that GA will pay people to distribute disgusting newpaper to someones house that one can not even read, imagine with children in the house, diseases etc.

Can someone tell us if this is usual please?

PHOTOS ATTACHED

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Looks like the paper might have been wet from the rain, then dryed out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Overreacting much? Its a slightly dirty crumpled front cover. It hardly carries diseases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Overreacting much? Its a slightly dirty crumpled front cover. It hardly carries diseases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭baldbear

Theres nothing disgusting about a 7lb bag of quality onions but i can understand why it left your eyes water in disgust.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Serious, are you messing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I was expecting it to be smeared in dog crap or something based on the racket you're making. It's a free newspaper delivered to your door and occasionally they get wet and crumple up. Someone probably scribbled on the top paper in the bale at some stage. I've been getting the Ad Rag for years and occasionally (every few years) it happens. I'm not about to go on a rampage about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bit early for punets of strawberries, it's only April

Anyway, what's the issue OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Is it the filthy slut in her underwear that's offending you? I think I know what the delivery boy did with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I am a bit disappointed that it ruined the pic of the bird in the lingerie ad tho. She doesn't look sexxxay anymore. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭GOODME

good camera i guess, close flash, did not bring out the picture as it looks.

to confirm said colour looks different, i bet one knows what they are saying.

it is torned, have been written on etc and this is just front page

nothing about overreacting just better not to drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I really really wish a crumpled up free newspaper was my biggest peeve tonight :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

*boggle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Back in the day that newspaper fed families. You should be happy for what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Had to be done:

helen-lovejoy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I was almost afraid of clicking on the picture link :eek:

In fairness the huge gouge out of the paper in the 3rd picture may have been what sent the OP over the edge.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

I do love to tiddle my wink over a non story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I was expecting to see the Daily Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭macscoob

take a hike co-jack....its a free newspaper

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

In fairness OP there's worse things in the world that could happen to you. Think war, famine, pillage..
    What the hells pillage?!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭jassha

Is this for real.... Tell me its a pi** take. A crumpled paper. Things must be good if this is the worst thing happening at the moment. Really it has to be a piss take. Tell me i am not wrong

• Advertisement

Back in the day that newspaper fed families. You should be happy for what you have.

Better to buy one than get one that one did not ask for.

There are diseases out there esp viruses etc, better not to drop a paper in a condition they would not like themselves.

Can't you see writing on the top page? said there was more inside also.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

GOODME wrote: »
    This newspaper was delivered at a house in Doughiska area today. I could not believe my eyes when a relation posted these picture for us to see.

See photos

Imagine it is todays paper (FREE) which is distribited to peoples houses in Galway city. It was like person who put through a letter box had done lots with it as it also had been written on etc. In short may I should say a maybe filthy paper.

I can not believe that GA will pay people to distribute disgusting newpaper to someones house that one can not even read, imagine with children in the house, diseases etc.

PHOTOS ATTACHED

Looks fine to me, of course you can read it. It's handy to get a paper delivered if I want one I have to go out and get it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Another first world problem for After Hours to be shocked over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭telekon

This is our 9/11. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

For a moment I thought you had 'The Mail', or even worse, 'The S*n' delivered to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Dam, I really thought some sexually filthy newspaper was the topic here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 george tobin

There are diseases out there esp viruses etc, better not to drop a paper in a condition they would not like themselves.

Can't you see writing on the top page? said there was more inside also.
    you need to increase your medication.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

So it was previously used then??

Give yourself a pat on the back and bask in the glow of your new-found environmentalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

See photos

PHOTOS ATTACHED

http://memedepot.com/uploads/1000/1148_1253230725640.jpg

Advertisement