Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

18th Birthday Venue! Urgent

• 05-11-2006 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

Need to organize one by the end of the month (i know its a little late) anyway has any1 hosted or been to a good venue in dublin or know how much places charge? There will be 100+ ppl there, needs to have a bar. Thanx in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

A good few hotels let you rent function rooms with bars, Jurys ballsbridge for example. I'm not sure how much they charge, but they provide catering, bar staff etc. for the night.

I'm almost sure a few bars/pubs let you rent rooms free provided you can fill it, but can't think of any in particular off hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

rb_ie wrote:
    I'm almost sure a few bars/pubs let you rent rooms free provided you can fill it, but can't think of any in particular off hand.

I'm fairly sure messers beside Qbar is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

thanx ill look into that. any1else any suggestions plz keep them coming....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Was in john m keatings over the weekend, they have a basement place with a bar, food. Very nice but i'd say it cost a bomb. Very nice though!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mhairesa

Capitol Bar just up from Georges St is nice, I had my 21st there and I reserved tables for free and got food at a reasonable price. Best of all its a cocktail bar and there's good promotions on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

mhairesa wrote:
    Capitol Bar just up from Georges St is nice, I had my 21st there and I reserved tables for free and got food at a reasonable price. Best of all its a cocktail bar and there's good promotions on.
    Don't post in pink, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,188 ✭✭✭jos28

Try Excise Bar in IFSC - Excellent venue. Have been to a couple of parties there. Great atmosphere. I think Alan is the functions manger.
    Well worth a try.

Gingerman down by the end of Trinity has a function room on the first floor and provide free food if you get enough people, I think. 100 would be a poifect size. Has a bar too.

If not there, I went to many an 18th in the Russell Court Hotel on Harcourt Street & Doyle's on college street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

The Merrion Inn opposite St.Vincent's Hospital has a really nice free function room upstairs. Might be worth a look.

besty wrote:
    The Merrion Inn opposite St.Vincent's Hospital has a really nice free function room upstairs. Might be worth a look.
    Cool.
    Free :)
    Upstairs :mad:
    Next to a hospital :)
    2/3 aint bad, mite check them out.

Update: Checked my bank balance on friday-its not too healthy so i will be enquiring to the free places and if any of them dont work out i always have my house!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

What night is it on? What is your budget? Let me know and I will send you over a few names and numbers. Some deadly venues in town

Date: Sat 25th Nov (short notice i know)
    Budget: Cheap as chips
    100+ ppl. If possible kinda lean-e-ent (cant spell so i spelt it phonetically :)) towards id e.g. a provisional licence is grand u know. Thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

wba88 wrote:
    Date: Sat 25th Nov (short notice i know)
    Budget: Cheap as chips
    100+ ppl. If possible kinda lean-e-ent (cant spell so i spelt it phonetically :)) towards id e.g. a provisional licence is grand u know. Thanx

25th is a Saturday, you will find it very very hard to get a venue to let you in free or cheaply on a Saturday as the its normally the most busy night. If it was midweek you could have probally gotten a room tossed in for free if there was a 100 plus peps.

Ill ask around in the morning and update ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

you could try the westmoreland on, strangely enough, westmoreland street, they've got a function room which could cater for a not too large group. you'll be pushing your luck getting somewhere at this stage though, especialy given the close proximity to christmas, cos of christmas parties, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭markontap

You could try Madisons in Rathmines. It might be booked up but it's free and has a separate bar in the function room. Could easily hold the 100+ if I remember correctly. A handy spot if you're stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I would advise not telling them its an 18th, say 20th or 21st.

I know the place i used to work in and afew other places wont cater to 18ths due to the fairly high likelyhood that afew of your mates are 17 and should the place be raided the managment are in big poo-poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sdoor

Hey i am trying to organize my 18th to but its in may i don't know were to have it. in the same boat really. I have a little over a 100 going to come. anyone know a nice place in town or on the northside to have it id pay a few hundred for a nice venue

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GrnRm

Check out upstairs in Toners on Baggot st. I was at a 21st there on Fri nite and had a cracking nite. Really nice couple of rooms upstairs with its own bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Gileadi wrote: »
    I would advise not telling them its an 18th, say 20th or 21st.

I know the place i used to work in and afew other places wont cater to 18ths due to the fairly high likelyhood that afew of your mates are 17 and should the place be raided the managment are in big poo-poo

Yeah the place I work at doesn't take 18ths. And it's strict on 21sts too.

You'll more than likely have to pay a deposit that is refunded after the party if there's no trouble, but if they find out you lied don't expect that deposit back,

Advertisement