Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Wexford are you from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I'm a Dub living in Wexford Town! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 museologist

Wexford town, now living in County Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mymalovesme

Living in Dublin. From Wexford town. Love Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I hail from "Cool"greany. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cowenwatch

Went to Saint Peter's Wexford town for 5 years. Ive fond memories of walking up and down St. John road trying to avoid the dog ****e which seemed to be everywhere. Ah good times!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

From New Ross now living in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Born and raised in Enniscorthy. I only moved a few miles into the country when I married.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

West New Ross born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Lived in Drinagh just 4 km south of Wexford town for 3 years from around 20002 to 2005 .Anyone from near there ?.I come from Dublin but now live in Thailand .

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Live near Bannow Bay. Beautiful in summer...well I should rephrase that, when we get a summer. Travelled sizeable part of the world and returned to enjoy twilight years under grey clouds. Apart from weather the place has a lot to offer, but your location seems idyllic, so hope you are enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 museologist

Cowenwatch wrote: »
    Went to Saint Peter's Wexford town for 5 years. Ive fond memories of walking up and down St. John road trying to avoid the dog ****e which seemed to be everywhere. Ah good times!:D

I had a good belly-laugh when I read this. I lived near John Street growing up and my abiding memory of that street was the dog ****e too. Disgusting!

I had a good belly-laugh when I read this. I lived near John Street growing up and my abiding memory of that street was the dog ****e too. Disgusting!

Well....yes, there is still that, but not near as much now that hefty fines have been introduced. Wish it was like Germany where doggie bins with bags attached are everywhere, so no excuse really. Along the quay was the worst area, but that has hugely improved to be honest and generally the place looks far cleaner and better presented. Mary the woman who sings out of tune still holds her place sitting outside shop doors. She is quite a large lady by the way, so no, she is not in the least in need of nourishment and is dropped off and collected each day, so looks more a case of her just enjoying herself! If she would only sit on a stool or something, but no she has to present herself in the most unladylike positions for all and sundry to enjoy, especially our amused/bewildered tourists! Ah well, she does no harm and everyone knows her and greets her as they pass along. Some even pay her to stop singing.!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Ah yes Maggie Hurley

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭SportingFun

I am situated about half way between New Ross and Wexford

Near Wellingtonbridge village. Great weather today...not! Oh why can't we have even a three week summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SlaneyCider

From dear 'ol Wexford Town, despite the doom and gloom the past few years, wouldn't change it for all tae in China

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

From dear 'ol Wexford Town, despite the doom and gloom the past few years, wouldn't change it for all tae in China

Welcome to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SlaneyCider

Thanks Zerks, haven't a notion how the quote replies on mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SPARC64

Wexford Town, originally. Haven't lived there for a number of years, however. I can't get over how great the town looks, any time I'm back there. Also, there seems to be a real buzz about the place. A sentiment also expressed by people I know who have visited the town, in recent years. Makes me proud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MaxwellsHammer

The town itself but living in Cork a long time now. Can't wait to get home this weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 GuyInSpain

From here, does anyone have any info to share about this statue in the car park of Rivergate Apartments in New Ross? Would appreciate any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

kilmore for my sins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Not from Wexford but really like it....except for your GAA jersey...awful colours...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 arienlass

Rosslare

• Registered Users Posts: 8 owl chick

originaly from bray co wicklow, now living just outside kilmuckridge, an loving it!
    so peaceful with just fields around you, instead of being stuck in a housing estate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭secman

Fro Dublin but on the kilmuckridge to killenagh road too , part-time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 owl chick

so not far from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Wexford Town... but haven't lived there since 2006 or so. In Munster now for my sins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Thought this dopey thread had finally died. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Del.Monte wrote:
    Thought this dopey thread had finally died.

The man from Del Monte, he says no.

Advertisement