Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dating Scan

• 21-02-2012 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Hi. Any recommendations for where to get a dating scan in Dublin City Centre? Willing to pay to have it done privately and pay for it. The main thing is that it needs to be done in the next few weeks if it is going to happen.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Squiggler wrote: »
    Hi. Any recommendations for where to get a dating scan in Dublin City Centre? Willing to pay to have it done privately and pay for it. The main thing is that it needs to be done in the next few weeks if it is going to happen.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

A friend of mine recommended this place in Smithfield (link below), that's where she went on both her pregnancies. She recommended it to me but I didn't need it in the end, so I've no personal experience of it.

http://www.babycheck.ie/index.php?q=Contact-BabyCheck.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The RCSI unit in the Rotunda hospital offers private dating scans, very accurate, she done the scan first and then told me my due date and it was the same as what I had worked out by my LMP. Think it cost 100 euro... this was three years ago now though. I was 13 weeks when I got it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Thanks ladies. I had forgotten this place do pregnancy scans: www.ultrasoundsuite.ie

I had a scan with them for something else before and they were really good.

Baby brain already! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 miccre

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Hey,
    just wondering do you need to be a minimum date for the early dating scans to work?My GP puts me at 8 weeks tomorrow(based on LMP), I estimate about 6 weeks 3 days(based on estimated conception date)- was thinking of getting an early scan next week- so I would be between 7 and 9 weeks- is that too early for them to see anything?Would there be a visible heartbeat at that stage?Could they tell if baby is in the right place, right size etc??
    Or could it be the case that they can't see anything cos it's too early and I just leave all worried?!My first appt with consultant is 3rd May, so should I just try and hold on until then for the first scan?

Anyone tried MD Ultrasound in Limerick?(I think they're in Dublin too?)
    Thanks a mill :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I found MD Ultrasound in Limerick very expensive (and I think you need a letter from the doctor for there too).

We drove up to Dublin for ours at Ultrasound Dimensions.
    They were excellent, and I would highly recommend them.

As far as I know, they can do the scan from 6 weeks - we had ours at 7 +3 or something like that, and they could make out the heartbeat and the location.

Worth the trip in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

I believe they like you to be over 7 weeks...we had ours at 7w 3d & position, size & heartbeat was all seen/heard (I think they sometimes can't hear heartbeat that early). We had ours at our clinic in galway so can't advise on where to go :)

Plan on heading to Dublin for 3d scan shortly but my folks are up there so it's convenient for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi wondering can anyone help me I went for my first scan yesterday..the dating scan and the midwife that was doing the scan couldn't get a proper look at the baby so she called in another midwife who also tried because they needed to get a proper measurement of the baby in order to give me a due date.they couldn't get a look at the top of the baby's head as the baby wouldn move out of the one position so they told me to come back nevr week for a repeat scan is this common or should I be worried they told me it's nothing to be worried about but now I'm worried that there is something wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

First off, congratulations!

I would say you haven't a thing to be worried about, sometimes the baby simply will not cooperate and prefers to take a nap over striking a pose (it doesn't end there, my three year old won't pose for photos either ;))

Maybe try having a sugary drink before your next scan, it should make your pending arrival much more fidgety :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

• Advertisement
Advertisement