Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tattoos in Mullingar

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Redbeard77

Anybody know if the guy Rob in tullamore is any good heard mixed reports,

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

nhughes100 wrote: »
    Thanks mate, I'm due for my first tattoo in the Outback on Friday but I'm pulling out now, I didn't get a good feeling the minute I walked into the place and if Glen is that English guy then I don't fancy letting him near me to be honest. I've Friday off so I think I'll take my business to the Vibe, ringing them this afternoon for a booking.

Glen did a tat for me years ago, it wanst black like it was sappose to be it was a horrible grey colour, ya cant make out the roses he done and the whole lot is crooked across my back, its really big and has to be totally recovered, very big job which i cant afford... i know a few people who have been to the vibe, i have also been in there with a friend, very clean and i thought the guy was nice, my friend got his tat done and it came out very well... hope you take my advice and stay away from glen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 roadrash666

anyone know someone who does tattoos out of hours?

need to get mine done but am flat out busy all day usually only get finished up around 8 or 9 ish?

roadrash... i think the guy in the vibe will do sundays, when i enquired about mine he said it would take two sesions and i said i wanted it done in one and he said he could do it on a sunday... if that helps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Redbeard77

Called into vibe, impressed with the hygiene and the guys were sound so next week tatt no.2! Does anybody know if Sean ever worked in Zulu in temple bar, got my first there and he's mad familiar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dianababyddori

yeah ya man in the vibe is savage.
    he did two of my chinese tattoos.
    gonna get him to do my 3rd tatoo soon.

ohhh and that glen lad is ment ta not good.
    he never does what you ask him to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

I've had a tattoo in both places and was really happy with each, but if I had to decide between the two I'd go to the vibe.

Sean wasn't there to do my tattoo, it was a guy standing in for him, I can't remember his name -he was dutch I think, he was great, as were all the staff, the girl that works there is really helpful.

The outback is a bit dirty, but Glen does use a new needle each time, not just a sterlised one. I also think that my tattoo is not very black, it's more a blue/gray colour. But it is a really nice free hand one, that no one else will ever have.

Yer man Glen is a bit of a durty perv though!

And the peircer guy in the vibe, shaun, well I wish he was a durty perv, I'd be pierced all over mmmm......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Sean will do most weekends but usually takes Monday & Tuesday off. He can stay late/start early too - I've always found the staff there to be very accomodating. The guy that usually stands in for him is his brother Nathan who was Sean's apprentice.

Ahh what to get for tattoo number 4.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 roadrash666

i wanna get me back done properly but am wonderin should i go to sean in the vibe or go to dublin or miami to get it done...

i know miami would be expensive but i have few friends there who have houses so all i'd rally be payin for is flights and tats...

an drinkin money of course.

what do ya's reckon?

i wanna get me back done properly but am wonderin should i go to sean in the vibe or go to dublin or miami to get it done...

i know miami would be expensive but i have few friends there who have houses so all i'd rally be payin for is flights and tats...

an drinkin money of course.

what do ya's reckon?

Iv went to the guy in paradise (longford) yesterday (wed) n am going back to get finished tomorrow (fri), i had a tat done years ago (by glen in mullingar) n it was really bad and hes redoing it and fixing it up and so far i couldnt be happier, its quiet a big one on my back, and hes redesigned it n it just looks amazing, i would highly recommend him.. i got a price in dub n mullingar to get it redone and they both were sayin €500 n this guy is doing it for €300... ill put up a pic when its done, ill try get the pic he has of it before it was done and put it up aswell..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tattoo24

At the end of the day its wat tattooist you like, because every tattooist work is diff....style/colur/black/grey etc.. and thats only the half of it. Styrlisation is the second half, if its not clean DO NOT get tattood!!! would you let a Doctor preform medicals on you if his hands where dirty or didnt change gloves? of coarse not but that is wat people always forget to look for!! "Heres your tattoo and a desease free of charge" I know alot of tattooist and have been into alot of shops and know wat to look for and with out a doubt Outback is not styrile....One way to know is ask if they are a registered tattooist (Glenn is not) if they are they have to abide by certain laws and there hygien has to be up to standard, any shop that is not registered is not up to standard and thats the reason there not registered.

I personally wouldnt get tattood in Outback cause of the hygien but thats my opinion, All I know is that when I walk into The Vibe it smells like a hospital/dentist and thats a very good ****in sign of it bein clean. Oh and to the guy who said they DONT do custom work ha ha I have 12+ tattoos rangin from small to the whole side of my ribs and all of it was designs I brought in and we talked about it and he drew up exactly what I wanted so dont really know wat your on about there...

This is how people get bad tattoos, they listen to people that dont know wat there talkin about and slate shops even though they know nothing about tattooing and the way its run.

Here are some guide lines too go by when deciding on a tattooist/shop:

Are they Registered?
    Are the needles one time use only?
    Do they have a Portfolio?
    etc etc

If any of these answers are No then dont get tattood!! Common sense people is wats needed. A person bein ignorant on the day does not come into account im afraid, evryone has a bad day and them bein ignorant does not make there work bad....Id say Leonardo Devinci was ignorant to some people but his work speaks for itself. Paul Booth is the most ignorant Tattooist ive ever met (Hes prob the most famouse tattooist on the world at the moment) but his work is truly amazing and speaks for itself.

Im not slatin any shops here all im sayin is that choose for yourself and follow these simple guide lines and you should get exactly wat you want.

My rant is over but I hope this helps people decide on a tattoist and they get exactly wat they want.

Sure Outback is small but you cannot fault the quality of tattoos there.
    Every needle is new and is snapped in front of you after it is used so you know it cant be used again. The barrells and tips are sterilised each time they are used and bagged up. The floor is sterilised every morning and evening and the counters and workspaces are sterilised after each tattoo. I dont know where you get the idea that it is not hygenic. Unlike most tattooists Glenn is an artist and illustrater and has built his reputation up from that. I personaly have a full back piece and quite a few other tattoos in which i cannot fault nor can anyone else.

Also Sean is leaving the vibe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Yellowdk

Iv went to the guy in paradise (longford) yesterday (wed) n am going back to get finished tomorrow (fri), i had a tat done years ago (by glen in mullingar) n it was really bad and hes redoing it and fixing it up and so far i couldnt be happier, its quiet a big one on my back, and hes redesigned it n it just looks amazing, i would highly recommend him.. i got a price in dub n mullingar to get it redone and they both were sayin €500 n this guy is doing it for €300... ill put up a pic when its done, ill try get the pic he has of it before it was done and put it up aswell..

Whats the guy/shop called in Longford? Been looking online and can't find any contact details..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clare. C

Was in a new shop in Longford last Monday and There's a guy Sean (think he's Austalian?) working there now and he said he worked in Zulu and Metalmorphosis and had just moved there from Mullingar dont know if that helps? So happy to have a cool shop in Longford finally! Go Longford yey!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yellowdk wrote: »
    Whats the guy/shop called in Longford? Been looking online and can't find any contact details..

Paradise: 0879070168

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clare. C

Guy that used to be in the vibe is now in longford, the shop number is 0862081515 and think its called longford ink, hope this helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bandra8126

The fella who was in the paradise shop in longford has moved next door to subway in longford / tesco carpark - his name is Rusland - no. 0879070168 - i had a cover up job done there which i am very happy with , he's a good artist and very reasonably priced and new shop is clean .
    I've been to glen in Outback in mullingar - I was very happy with his work and i had no problem with hygene e.c.t - he is a portsmouth supporter - but everyone has there faults :-) - I am happy to e-mail pics of my tattoos if anyone is interested .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 minerals

i got some great work done in outback by Glen, fab tattoo, just drawn on by him. Guy is a fantastic free hand artist . I'd been around so many tattoo places trying to find someone who could suggest something that wouldn't look ridiculous in a few years; to cover up a horrible mistake from some years back. What I got from him is fab. It's cool and feminine at the same time.
    He made sure and have a good chat with me to make sure I got what I wanted. Couldn't be happier and found the hygiene good also.
    Just because the guy isn't running a hospital like show, doesn't mean he's not first class. Needles were changed and all proper care followed.
    I'd go back to him again. In fact I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Advertisement