Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

just wondering if they want photo copy of ur age ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Long Time Reader

faolteam wrote: »

Just to put your mind at ease.

I moved over to the network today. Im 28 and def not a student.

They don't ask ID and are extremely helpful in customer service through e-mails. Its a win-win. My only concern is when they remove the internet offer. Interesting to see what happens and how expensive/cheap it will be. But i'm not a big data user, even though i have an iphone.

Do It!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Didnt ask me, I am well over age:)

can u top up from a shop or must u go online and use ur card

also i have a O2 account and i get O2 to O2 free any time and txts and i get landlines free,

should i leave my o2 package , my only worry would be will 48 increase there charges in the next few months with less hours etc any help thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Has any previous O2 customers moved?? I'm with O2 and want to change but need to keep my old number, worried that they'll get some notification of my real age because I used to be with O2!!

• Advertisement

So this whole thing is actually costing u 20 euro a month thats 10 euro membership and your 10 euro top up ??? is this correct ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

So this whole thing is actually costing u 20 euro a month thats 10 euro membership and your 10 euro top up ??? is this correct ???

This ^^^

Is there a catch ? I already spend 20 Euro per month already with Vodafone for far less than the optimistic interpretation of this offer. The only thing I might miss would be free international sms via the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

you pay your 10 euro membership and you get free calls and texts for a month. that's all. No extra credit required.

If you want to use data on your phone it will cost you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sure Thing

To Augusta24

I switched over from O2 bill pay , no d.o.b checks (I'm definitely not there target demographic !), so go ahead no problem

i put in a 10 euro voucher from shop first time , and i cant make calls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

You pay on the website. Read up on it people.

i just worked it out

you can buy from shop then use this credit when u put it in ur phone to pay ur membership cool

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

i put in a 10 euro voucher from shop first time , and i cant make calls

When you check online can you see anything there about the payment? You can contact the helpdesk on by email, twitter or facebook

You can also pay subscription on shops that have Payzone machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Fairly sure you buy a voucher, and then you have to either ring 1740 or pay your membership online. It doesn't automatically pay your membership when you buy a voucher in a shop.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

phasers wrote: »
    Fairly sure you buy a voucher, and then you have to either ring 1740 or pay your membership online. It doesn't automatically pay your membership when you buy a voucher in a shop.

Yes correct, all info here

it doesnt so im under the impression if u buy from shop u have to go online and transfer it to pay ur membership

could I not pay using sms text top up out of my bank account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭gerdalt

I get a call today from Vodafone.
    SHE: Hi Ger, I am calling from Vodafone - you were a customer of ours.
    ME: Yes, but that was many months ago.
    SHE: I am calling to tell you about new offers that would make you return
    ME: OK, I am interested
    SHE: Which network are you with now?
    ME: 48
    SHE: No, I mean which network operator?
    ME: 48
    SHE: Are you with O2, 3, Meteor?
    ME: No, 48.
    SHE: I don't know that mobile network. Is that a name?
    ME: Yes, 48 is the name - it's been around a while now.
    SHE: Is it billpay?
    ME: No, pay as you go.
    SHE: I never heard of it - how much do you pay?
    ME: €10 per month
    SHE: How many minutes?
    ME: Effectively unlimited - to any network.
    SHE: Landlines?
    ME: 20 minutes.
    SHE: I didn't know about that.
    ME: You should! It's a great deal. Isn't it?
    SHE: Yes!!! I must learn about that.
    ME: Have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

[Mod edit - Now now...]

u happen to be lucky enough and use up either ur 3000 hours or your 5000texts how do u know if ur getting near the end etc ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭gerdalt

Soarer wrote: »
    [removed by Mod]

EEHHH!!!!!

Ger just happens to be short for GERALDINE. :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

My question is; if the €10 is a membership fee - does that mean you don't have €10 credit? I'm worried I'd need to ring an 1850 number or something. How would I pay for that??

Just ordered my sim a few days ago. Can't wait to run away from Meteor.

when u send a text why does a +1745 keep coming up????

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Soarer wrote: »
    [removed by Mod]

Not as stupid as this comment! And I'm a man BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

dory wrote: »
    My question is; if the €10 is a membership fee - does that mean you don't have €10 credit? I'm worried I'd need to ring an 1850 number or something. How would I pay for that??

Just ordered my sim a few days ago. Can't wait to run away from Meteor.

It's a membership fee - but included in this membership is the 3000 any network minutes and 5000 texts. But, unlike most topups, you don't get the "included minutes" and ALSO have €10 credit available to do other stuff with.

So pay the €10 membership and have the included calls and texts, no extra topup required.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

I unlocked my phone for the big move to 48 two days ago, got a text today off Vodafone offering me free Internet for 3 months , Id say they will do anything to try keep customers. Gotta love a bit of competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It's a membership fee - but included in this membership is the 3000 any network minutes and 5000 texts. But, unlike most topups, you don't get the "included minutes" and ALSO have €10 credit available to do other stuff with.

So pay the €10 membership and have the included calls and texts, no extra topup required.

I'm probably being stupid here but does this mean that your 10 euro membership fee pays for your allotted minutes and texts and that it also gives you 10 euro credit to spend on other services?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I'm probably being stupid here but does this mean that your 10 euro membership fee pays for your allotted minutes and texts and that it also gives you 10 euro credit to spend on other services?

No! I maybe phrased it badly. You are paying for membership which includes minutes and texts. When you've paid for membership your balance is then zero but you can make calls and texts. To do anything else requires purchase of more credit.

what happens if you are roaming ? Can you receive texts/calls while abroad (say in the EU) for free ? And if the 10 euro is used up in membership fees I presume you have to add more cash to make calls and send sms abroad ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

10 euro just pays for the membership which gives you calls, texts and 20 mins to landline.

If you want to do more, like call an 1800 number or roam then you need to top up again

Advertisement