Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Setting up an account for a nephew/niece (baby)

• 13-01-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I'd like to set up an account for my 1 year old niece and just deposit some money in there for her as a birthday pressie. I'm not in a position, financially, to set up a regular savings account for her, just deposit the occasional lump sum. What are the best options out there at the mo? Anything else I need to know/take into consideration?
    I'll prolly hand it over to her parents, btw, as she doesn't already have an account set up for her.
    (Mods/Others - feel free to move this if it's in the wrong area or point me to a previously existing thread).

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Why not get their parents to setup an account for them and you deposit the cash for them. You will be unable to setup an account for someone under 18 unless you are their parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Thanks for taking the time & trouble, Tipsy.

I have found something - the EBS have a Childrens Savings Account, "Big" - for 0 to 11 y o's and they'll pop in €25 after the account's been open 6 months (and had at least /an avg of €25 in there all that time). But yeah, Mammy & Daddy pretty much have to set up the account (ID and proof of addy needed, fair 'nuff), so I'll have a word.

Anyone know of an offer that beats that, tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sharenav

Best thing to do is set up an online trading account. Invest in a solid portfolio and keep adding over time...... this will offer you a better return for the small one over the longer term!

Hope this helps.

Advertisement