Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Yay Mary didn't leave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Deirdre is doing my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rob dumps Eva and then tries to pull
    Stella

Never saw that one coming:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

fifi234ie wrote: »
    Yay Mary didn't leave :)

Boooooo! Mary stayed. :)

Got to laugh at Tracey talking about Michelle. "What's she got that I haven't ?". FFS Tracey, she has a personality, she isn't a psycho, she has a clean crimminal record, she's someone you'd feel safe with when you go for a kip without fear of her driving something into your skull. :pac: I wonder what her revenge will be, hope Steve and Michelle stay together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Karen23 wrote: »
    Deirdre is doing my head in

Same as. She's still sticking up for Tracey after everything. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ah no, I was getting sick of mary, she is funny but I am not keen on her character to be honest.

Izzie and Gary are back on?
    Pitter patter of feet??

Steve doesn't wait around long!? I hope he gets with Michelle again but himself and tracey nooo.
    Stella and Rob
    ???:eek: I thought he was going great with Eva, she so unlucky in love poor pet!

Hope tyrone be ok, not surprised kirsty left,
    bet he isn't the real dad
    she might be back yet but terrible what she did to him and he was willing to keep the relationship going. At least Tina is aware of what happened.

Doubt the Karl/Sunita thing will last, he always wants what he can't have tut tut!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

bijapos wrote: »
    I wonder what her revenge will be

If you wanna know...

Tracey gets it on with Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I think this ivf storyline is a bit daft...how long are Gary and Izzy been together? They're not even living together ffs! They only started thinking about having a baby when Izzy accidentally fell pregnant. It's a bit hasty rushing off to plan a surrogate pregnancy. I think if I was Izzy, I'd risk another pregnancy myself at least once before putting my baby sister through it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Same storyline always for Tracey fighting with Steve's new girlfriend :rolleyes: I am sick of it now and Michelle isnt a match up to Becky or Karen imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Good thing Dr Carter had three umbrellas going spare in his office for Izzy, Katy and Gary, the latter of whom was clearly emptyhanded on arrival, when there was no rain at all. Most characters comment on it when it rains during filming, or stay in out of it, not conjure up umbrellas for it. Nitpicking but it really distracted me from the scene :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Ann22 wrote: »
    I think this ivf storyline is a bit daft...how long are Gary and Izzy been together? They're not even living together ffs! They only started thinking about having a baby when Izzy accidentally fell pregnant. It's a bit hasty rushing off to plan a surrogate pregnancy. I think if I was Izzy, I'd risk another pregnancy myself at least once before putting my baby sister through it for me.

To be fair to Izzy she was in a lot of pain when pregnant and it was going to get worse. She herself decided that she doesn't want to risk her health having a baby.

She isn't putting her sister through a pregnancy either. Katy was the one who suggested it, she drove the idea again when both Izzy and Gary were doubtful of it. It's Katy's idea from the start and she is the one pushing it, not Izzy.

I agree with you that it's all a bit hasty. On top of this Owen is still a short tempered control freak bully. Feck knows what Anna sees in him.

Jikashi wrote: »
    Good thing Dr Carter had three umbrellas going spare in his office for Izzy, Katy and Gary, the latter of whom was clearly emptyhanded on arrival, when there was no rain at all. Most characters comment on it when it rains during filming, or stay in out of it, not conjure up umbrellas for it. Nitpicking but it really distracted me from the scene :)

I noticed this, along with Eileen looking at the far wall (Tyrone's house) when the drilling noise started, Kevin's house is actually on the opposite side of the building as we saw when Paul went out to have it out with Kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I hate Paul.

I hate Paul.

Why didnt Eileen f*ck off and move into Paul's house with him and leave Weatherfield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

How hypocritcal of Tracey to call Ryan a druggie tonight. She has conveniently forgotten how she ended up in a coma, needing a kidney transplant all those years ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

should have put subtitles up for tracys girl, hadnt a clue what she said..

bijapos wrote: »
    To be fair to Izzy she was in a lot of pain when pregnant and it was going to get worse. She herself decided that she doesn't want to risk her health having a baby.

She isn't putting her sister through a pregnancy either. Katy was the one who suggested it, she drove the idea again when both Izzy and Gary were doubtful of it. It's Katy's idea from the start and she is the one pushing it, not Izzy.

Did I miss an episode? I only saw her in pain at the end when she was actually miscarrying. Doc Carter never mentioned either that she'd have pain during a pregnancy.

Yes it was Katy's idea but she's so young and impulsive. I think it's a bad idea specially now when Chesney clearly doesn't want her to go through it. They're barely managing as it is. If Katy ends up sick, he'll have to take time off work to look after their own baby. Gary is really pushing it though. It's not long since he was losing the plot. Think I'd be with him a few years under the same roof before I'd consider bringing a child into it.

Jikashi wrote: »

I noticed this too:D...Wtf? What man brings an umbrella anywhere, especially across the road? And all brollies were the same, big black ones.

I'm pure sick of Paul. Gail's going to start flirting with him I think and that's going to make me spew:(. I don't really like Eileen either, none of her storylines ever interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Eileen was great in Dinnerladies. So was Sunita. Both good comedy actresses, wasted in current storylines where their limitations are exposed, among other things. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Eileen was great in Dinnerladies. So was Sunita. Both good comedy actresses, wasted in current storylines where their limitations are exposed, among other things. :eek:
    I agree and I used to like the bit of comedy banter between Eileen and Steve but that's gone now plus Sunita would never go off with the likes of Karl knowing in advance he's a gambler and has lied to everyone he knows

Shakyfan wrote: »
    How hypocritcal of Tracey to call Ryan a druggie tonight. She has conveniently forgotten how she ended up in a coma, needing a kidney transplant all those years ago....

Plus she is murderer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭Alice1

Plus she is murderer
    But her sentence was quashed. She's not a murderer - she's a manslaughter-er.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Alice1 wrote: »
    Plus she is murderer
    But her sentence was quashed. She's not a murderer - she's a manslaughter-er.

In the eyes of the law, she's done her time.

She's still a murderer though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

LizT wrote: »
    In the eyes of the law, she's done her time.
    Her conviction was overturned, so in the eyes of the law she was never guilty of anything. In real life she'd also be entitled to a fairly hefty compensation cheque for the time she did serve.

iguana wrote: »
    Her conviction was overturned, so in the eyes of the law she was never guilty of anything. In real life she'd also be entitled to a fairly hefty compensation cheque for the time she did serve.

Another plot hole by Corrie.... not that this happens often or anything :rolleyes:

Tracy is so annoying, especially because Kate Ford can't act. I actually think I would enjoy her character if it was played by someone different. RECAST HER CORRIE!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Yeah, I really wish that when they brought her back they had gotten a decent actor to play her. Kate Ford just gurns up every scene she's in. Even in scenes where she is meant to be being nice/vulnerable/sincere she just has a big loopy/nasty grin on her face. A better actor could actually bring some nuance to her character.

Speaking of which, the guy who plays Dr Carter actually seems like a better actor than he has the chance to show us. His face last week when Katy and Izzy were asking him about surrogacy was fantastic. He managed to pull off an initial 'oh sweet Jesus, are they serious?' then went on to, 'this family are batshít crazy, can't they just slow down and take some time before making extreme decisions,' then finally went visibly through the motions of composing his features to 'professionally compassionate but realistic.' Corrie should give his character an 'anonymous' blog, I'd love to read the thoughts of a normal, sane person who has to deal with Corrie's characters on a professional basis everyday.

iguana wrote: »
    Yeah, I really wish that when they brought her back they had gotten a decent actor to play her. Kate Ford just gurns up every scene she's in. Even in scenes where she is meant to be being nice/vulnerable/sincere she just has a big loopy/nasty grin on her face. A better actor could actually bring some nuance to her character.

Speaking of which, the guy who plays Dr Carter actually seems like a better actor than he has the chance to show us. His face last week when Katy and Izzy were asking him about surrogacy was fantastic. He managed to pull off an initial 'oh sweet Jesus, are they serious?' then went on to, 'this family are batshít crazy, can't they just slow down and take some time before making extreme decisions,' then finally went visibly through the motions of composing his features to 'professionally compassionate but realistic.' Corrie should give his character an 'anonymous' blog, I'd love to read the thoughts of a normal, sane person who has to deal with Corrie's characters on a professional basis everyday.

I think Dr.Carter is way under used! He hasn't really had any storylines apart from the one with Tina, where they just made him out to be a big knob.

LizT wrote: »
    where they just made him out to be a big knob.

Read that differently :o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Dr Carter should get way more air time!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Are we suppose to feel sorry for Kirsty??!! She's a manipulitive, evil cow! (to put it mildly!) :-)

• Advertisement

Love Eileen and Gail's fights

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement