Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Suzanne is going to turn into the abusive partner in the marriage and not Damo
    :eek:

I dont think there is anything left in Carrigstown for Bob even though lately I am coming around and really liking his character

My issue is i hate Murray, Dinoland:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Suzanne is going to turn into the abusive partner in the marriage and not Damo
    :eek:

I dont think there is anything left in Carrigstown for Bob even though lately I am coming around and really liking his character

I think that was always on the cards! I love Bob :(

Whooo 9000 fair city wonderful posts.. long live Fair City :D

Have they changed the actress who plays Charlotte?

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/37/550w_faircity_146_7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Victor Burke interview

Meet the Actors: Victor Burke

Lady's man, chancer, mummy's boy, Wayne Molloy is all this and more. Though his scruples may be askew, there is no denying he misses his sisters, and still craves a sense of approval from his deceased dad.

We delve deeper into the psyche of Wayne, and pose some of your questions to Victor Burke.
    How did it feel coming back to play the part of Wayne again?
    It was very strange at first, like the 'first day back at school', I was a little nervous but everyone was welcoming and I settled in quickly.
    Victor, what are your best memories from being in Fair City during the 1990s.
    I had a ball in the early days, not saying I don't now, but I guess I was younger and had no responsibilities.
    Who do you miss the most from the good old days?
    I miss David Mitchell (Jimmy) and Paul Raynor (Harry Molloy) the most, as we worked together all the time. I remember David and myself basically spending all our time recovering from our previous weekend adventures! Great times!
    What are the main differences working on Fair City now, compared to your first time around?
    Well, the number of episodes is the main difference. I do think that we have an amazing group of people running the show now and they are committed to making it the best it can be, a show we can be honestly proud of.
    Do you feel Wayne has matured since you last played him?
    Well, I hope I have (it was 10 years ago!), but I do think that he has matured. I don't think anyone would be interested if he was just playing around all the time.
    What has been your favourite storyline to work on since your return to the show?
    I really enjoyed the storyline with Bob, that allowed me to push Wayne in different directions and to play about with scenes.
    What do you think Wayne's strengths & weaknesses are?
    Strengths; can see the funny side to any situation. Weakness; the ladies.
    I think the perfect job for Wayne would be to work in McCoys; is there any hope of that?
    Not sure of that one. Nobody tells me anything, they must not trust me in here! The fun thing with Wayne is that he could work anywhere.
    Are there anymore skeletons in Wayne's past life in America that we are yet to find out about?
    Oh God, I hope so. I lived in the states and met some people with crazy stories so who knows what could follow him home!
    If you had a choice, what storyline would you give Wayne next?
    If I had a choice.... Wayne and Damian go on a World tour.
    Which of the Carrigstown ladies would most likely be Wayne's type?
    Anything with a heartbeat from what I can see. I do personally hope for more in the future!!
    How different are you to the character you play?
    Well, actors all bring a little of themselves to every character. But differences? I hope I'm a little more responsible and caring than Wayne.
    I love the relationship between Dolores and Wayne. Is it enjoyable to work with Martina?
    She is a wonderful lady, and made me feel at ease coming back into the show and she is a pleasure to work with.big fan here!
    Who would you like to work more closely with?
    I'm enjoying working with different characters and I guess I like the fact that Wayne could work with anyone.
    Who makes you laugh most on set?
    Have to say Maclean Burke (Damien). We've known each other a longtime and are mates. Love the cast - great bunch and very enjoyable to work with.
    Do the cast spend a lot of time together outside of work?
    I'm very busy with my family and other work commitments so I don't really have any free-time! We keep planning things but Maclean keeps letting me down!!
    Did you have fun filming 8.5 Hours? What did you think of the bizarre storylines when you read the script?
    Where did you see that! I did enjoy that film and I guess my character couldn't be further away from Wayne! I thought the script was excellent and I loved my role, challenging to say the least!
    Do you get much feedback from viewers of the Fair City?
    I'm always amazed at the love people have for the show and I've been asked everywhere for shampoo (Los Angeles last week!!). Luckily they have only said nice things.
    Are you working on any other projects outside of Fair City at the moment?
    I've no time at the moment but I have written some scripts that are at different stages, and I'm enjoying that whole side of things, very interesting!
    What advice would you give to anyone hoping to pursue a career in acting?
    Like my mother said get a trade first (maybe that's not a good idea now though!). I believe that life is mapped out for us all and that what will be will be.
    Thanks for the questions and be good!

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/victorburkemta.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

angel01 wrote: »
    Have they changed the actress who plays Charlotte?

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/37/550w_faircity_146_7.jpg

I don't think so, i presume shes just got a wig on until her hair grows back from the chemo.

Epicurus wrote: »

Brilliant interview, loads of my questions were asked :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

lods wrote: »
    My issue is i hate Murray, Dinoland:rolleyes:

So what - he tried, he failed and now he is conquering in his acting skills. Sometimes in life we don't make the right choices - he doesn't need to be hammered for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Alice1

Pogoland

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    Knows how to have fun as well :D

http://omg.wthax.org/SDH.jpg

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just had to :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Can't stand that character Suzanne!!!:mad:

Guess it shows shes a good enough actress though, for her to be able to elicit such a strong dislike in me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Thought Suzanne was great. She really is getting into the role of being a nagging wife. Lovely touch with the mirror. Thought it was excellent. Great drama with those two. Nice to see Bela back. For me he's up there with some of the greats of Irish Television.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Can't stand that character Suzanne!!!:mad:

Guess it shows shes a good enough actress though, for her to be able to elicit such a strong dislike in me.

I know how you feel. I really admire the way she is taking this story and running with it. I wonder if she is geting weird reactions on the street, but she's turning in a gutsy performance anyway.

But I do want to put a boot through the screen sometimes.

That was a great scene with Damien and Neasa too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Gibson101 wrote: »
    Thought Suzanne was great. She really is getting into the role of being a nagging wife. Lovely touch with the mirror. Thought it was excellent. Great drama with those two. Nice to see Bela back. For me he's up there with some of the greats of Irish Television.

I think she is a good actress and a good character. To me she made Damien sit up tonight and show him what a prick he is. Why would anyone with a job right now give it up.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I think she is a good actress and a good character. To me she made Damien sit up tonight and show him what a prick he is. Why would anyone with a job right now give it up.

He isn't a prick. I don't think anyone would enjoy being a debt collector. Suzanne is nothing but a bully, I wonder will you condone her scenes next week :rolleyes:

I felt so sorry for Damien, that scene with the mirror was very strong and made me hate Suzanne even more :eek::mad::mad:

On another note, I must say I am finding Caoimhe the most irritating thing to have hit fair city, I think her acting so far has been woeful and most of her scenes have involved having a strop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i actually don't mind any of the dillons.. and usually i dislike new characters til i warm to them! you have to remember what age group those girls are playing. do you remember being a teenager? i know i had a face like a slapped arse when i was 15 :p

getting a bit tired of suzanne and damiens rowing.....it's been going on for far too long...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, I'm liking all the Dillons too. Even Zak is growing on me and I didn't like him at first.

The Dillions are good so far. I haven't really seen them do much, so going to reserve judgement till then but Tommy is my favourite.

i actually don't mind any of the dillons.. and usually i dislike new characters til i warm to them! you have to remember what age group those girls are playing. do you remember being a teenager? i know i had a face like a slapped arse when i was 15 :p

getting a bit tired of suzanne and damiens rowing.....it's been going on for far too long...

I meant the older girl who was in college..she irritates me no end. :mad: still giving her a chance to actually do something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I meant the older girl who was in college..she irritates me no end. :mad: still giving her a chance to actually do something...

I like her. Think she's doing a great job and she hasn't exactly been given much to do yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Well Nassa Dillion is seriously hot stuff. Great set of legs on her. Makes it a pleasure to have someone hot there and not have to put up with the minger Suzanne all the time

I like her. Think she's doing a great job and she hasn't exactly been given much to do yet...

I know, thats why I shall give her longer.. anyhow.. I still can't get over how powerful the acting was with Suzanne & Damien. Wonderful acting.

I know, thats why I shall give her longer.. anyhow.. I still can't get over how powerful the acting was with Suzanne & Damien. Wonderful acting.

Damien? Are you taking the piss here. He is a woeful actor.

NickDrake wrote: »
    Damien? Are you taking the piss here. He is a woeful actor.

He is one of the best actors Fair City have. Maybe if you focus on the acting rather than their looks, you might see this too :):p

He is one of the best actors Fair City have. Maybe if you focus on the acting rather than their looks, you might see this too :):p

Ok I think we must disagree on what good acting is. I think he is woeful.

I think people have varying perceptions on who and what they think good actors are in this show. I'm inclined to give the older one Caoimhe a chance. Think she is doing well with the material she is given.

Gibson101 wrote: »
    I think people have varying perceptions on who and what they think good actors are in this show. I'm inclined to give the older one Caoimhe a chance. Think she is doing well with the material she is given.

Maybe when she gets this storyline with the college happening, it may improve.. I hope there is more to her than leaving the room countless times lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I might be on my own here but I'm not too keen on the Dillion family yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I wriggled in my chair last night watching Damien and Suzanne - it was brilliant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement