Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomorrowland 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 picotto

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tomorrowland-2012-Team-Ireland/265272710207700?ref=tn_tnmn

For some chat about Tomorrowland 2012 and updates on line up..

Going to be amazing this year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Dally2009 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me where the tickets will be available from? Ticketmaster? A friend told me today, that it might be hard enough to get my hands on them. Is that true?

from the tomorrowland website, im just worried itll crash on the morning they go on sale!

A lot of europeans are maoning about the price and saying theyll go to other festivals....the more that drop out the better. HAVE to get a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Presale Starts April 7th 2012

David Guetta
    Fatboy Slim
    John Digweed
    Calvin Harris
    Alesso
    Bingo Players
    Nicky Romero
    Green Velvet
    Carl Cox

Full Line-Up to date: http://www.tomorrowland.be

• Registered Users Posts: 3 machaire82

df1985 wrote: »
    how does the presale work for belgium, i have a cousin and mate living in brussells.....

I think if they have a belgian id card and are registered at an address in belgium they can apply.

Anyone book this yet? thinking of booking something this week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Any interest?

I'm going with a few mates hopefully. Plan is, to fly to Manchester and drive with a mate from there!

http://www.tomorrowland.be/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Heading with a few mates myself. Theres a thread about it here already somewhere :)

Take a look at the facebook page also for any Irish going. Tomorrowland 2012 - Irish Crew

few threads on it,gonna be a scramble for tickets....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

Ive lost count the amount of times ive seen that video on my fb news feed with a comment about how they're definately going :rolleyes: Would love to go myself but couldnt organise anything of that scale, maybe will in the future if I could get a few friends to go, say it would be quite the experience!!

Enjoy it.

In process of completing booking a Hotel near Brussles airport. Think the Ryanair flight is about 170 from dublin now. Just wondering what to do about drink cause id say we cant bring any in hmmm any ideas

In process of completing booking a Hotel near Brussles airport. Think the Ryanair flight is about 170 from dublin now. Just wondering what to do about drink cause id say we cant bring any in hmmm any ideas

You can bring drink into the campsite but obviously if you're booking a hotel that won't affect you. In terms of bringing it into the festival I think I'll chance my luck with a hydration backpack :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ Marley Echoing Sage

International Presale Registration is now open.

ronanc15 wrote: »
    You can bring drink into the campsite but obviously if you're booking a hotel that won't affect you. In terms of bringing it into the festival I think I'll chance my luck with a hydration backpack :)

Yea - its a drawback of getting a hotel :( Cant really nip back to the hotel for a refuel every few hours like

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Tickets on sale in 2 week,can't wait to finally get it sorted.

Just an update for everyone - yesterday the Belgian presale took place (40% of all the tickets. )Apparently it was run quite poorly in terms of server delay etc and added to this 250,000 people tried to log in at one time so there was a very long wait with a lot not getting tickets. It completely sold out all 40%. Timoco have promised a much improved service for April 7th so we'll have to wait and see.

I would urge people to be ready to log on at 10 on the button though as I'd say it will be mayhem trying to get them.

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Just an update for everyone - yesterday the Belgian presale took place (40% of all the tickets. )Apparently it was run quite poorly in terms of server delay etc and added to this 250,000 people tried to log in at one time so there was a very long wait with a lot not getting tickets. It completely sold out all 40%. Timoco have promised a much improved service for April 7th so we'll have to wait and see.

I would urge people to be ready to log on at 10 on the button though as I'd say it will be mayhem trying to get them.

250,000 people,jaysus :eek:

Where did ya get that info?

Will be gutted if I don't get tickets for this,it will make or break the summer really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

MikeyGorse wrote: »

Will be gutted if I don't get tickets for this,it will make or break the summer really.

If it falls through Creamfields is a great trip as a back up. Went last year and it was brillant fun

HazDanz wrote: »
    If it falls through Creamfields is a great trip as a back up. Went last year and it was brillant fun

Planning on doing Brussels-Tomorrowland-Amsterdam so it really will be a deal breaker if we don't get the tickets.

Will definitely hit something as a backup anyways.

• Advertisement

MikeyGorse wrote: »

It was in a statement released by ID&T. Ill post it later. Basically it stated that the unforeseen amount caused interuptions to the service, blamed Timoco (the service provider) and attached a statement from Timoco apologising and promising a much smoother service on April 7th.

At the end of the day if you log on at the correct time you have as much chance as everyone else. Fingers crossed and good luck :)

Cremfields like people have sid is great back up plan, went last year and it was mental. Cremfields prob has a better line up but suppose its the "spectacle" of tomrrowland that people also want to see. the lineup for creamfields this year is incredible, definately my back up.

Are people planning on buying any of the camping packages or just gonna buy a tent over there?

Reckon i'll probaly just get a tent over there once we find out how many of us managed to get tickets,think they sell them on site anyways.

Same as that id say Mikey, wait and see with the tickets first I suppose. Heres that statement I mentioned:

Presale Belgium
    by Tomorrowland on Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 7:58am ·
    - Belgian presale sold out with difficulties:
    Yesterday started the Belgian ticket sale of Tomorrowland 2012. Unfortunately it went less smoothly than expected, despite of the months of preparation and measurements been taken. This caused lots of frustration for our visitors, but also for the festival organization.

The official ticket sale started at 11h and already 250,000 persons signed up at the same time. An unforeseen high number of guests trying to login in at the same time, caused an interruption of the system of our ticket provider Timoco. Everyone was forced to wait longer than expected in the online "waiting rooms". Throughout the day the waiting rooms remained filled and the servers had troubles handling all the requests. All measures were taken to sell in short notice the 40 % of tickets reserved exclusively for the Belgian market but our ticket provider was clearly not prepared for such a high number of requests despite all guarantees asked for by the organization.

ID&T wishes to apologize to all visitors having to wait too long while ordering their ticket.. This day was specially organized for the Belgian guests, to ensure that they could buy a ticket but this has taken longer than expected. ID&T will request new guarantees from the ticket partner to ensure a faster and smoother ticket sale on the 7th of April.

Below a response of the ticket partner Timoco:

Dear Tomorrowland visitor,

We wish to inform you that TImoco had difficulties handling the request despite all measures taken. The organization of Tomorrowland did warned us about a possible massive online demand of tickets and asked us to provide us a service that could cope with this. We guaranteed this to ID&T but we did not succeed.
    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience
    Sincerely, The Timoco Team

Nice one Ronan.

Hopefully we'll all be successful come April 7th.

any1 got cheap method of transport sorted? flights from dublin are over 220e

Flight out the Wednesday & stay in a hostel in Brussels for the night.

Dosent really make much difference to the price - Wonder would it be an idea to drive :)

If you fly out on the 17:50 from Dublin on Wednesday it'll only cost ya €75.99 one way,then you can get a hostel for around €20.

Whereas,if you fly out the Thursday it's gonna cost ya either €265.99 or €321.99.

Big difference.

Be clever flying back as well,you'd a fool to pay those big prices,maybe a rich fool but still a fool....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm flying to Manchester.

My mate lives there, he's driving to Amsterdam on the Tursday night, staying there, then heading to the festival on the friday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement