Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Uk Deals goes Irish.

• 26-04-2011 2:06pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thought this forum was the best place to post this.

This notice was on the site
    "HUKD goes Irish. Do you want to get involved as a deal hunter or mod for HUKD Ireland? If so please email us at admin@hotukdeals.com with your deal creds and why you're cut out for the task!"

Interesting.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I think ill stick with Bargain alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Tinie wrote: »
    I think ill stick with Bargain alerts.

Didn't realise it was one or the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

scudzilla wrote: »
    Didn't realise it was one or the other

Yeah, you definitely see some good deals on here that originated from HUKD, no harm in both

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Yeah Hot Deals is better for a lot of clothing stores, ASOS etc.
    No offence Bargain Alerts, I still love thee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Great 2 sites to keep an eye on. Will end up spending twice as much!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Prepare to repel borders from the HotUKDeals Infidels!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

hopefully Basq doesnt jump ship, he already has a HUKD account

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Zonda999

They are both very useful for us deal hunters, for the UK deals, its nice to be able to get opinions and shipping updates off Boards BA

site now up and running

http://www.hukd.ie/

must have taken them forever to decide which domain name to buy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So now its a rip-off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Basquille looks to be taking over already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Hot UK Deals .ie

err wtf?

Hot Irish Deals .ie maybe....

Basquille looks to be taking over already

think me and him are just about the only irish members of hukd atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Hmmmm, looks like a subset of the boards BAs with a different UI. Can't see the point on having both seeing as they mostly contain the same bargains/deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I think it will die a quick death:pac: Between bargain alerts here and HUKD (uk) I don't think there will be much interest....

My vote only pushes the temp up or down by 1:mad: instead of 6 on the uk site. I didn't have to re-register to be a member of the Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

lindtee wrote: »
    My vote only pushes the temp up or down by 1:mad: instead of 6 on the uk site. I didn't have to re-register to be a member of the Irish site.
    As far as I know, a vote on HUKD doesn't push up a deal's heat by X number of degrees.

How much it "heats up" depends on a number of factors including number of voters etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HUKD

I hope it's ok to post in here. Not promo I promise :)

I just wanted to say that I really think HUKD can be complimentary to boards.ie in the same way in the UK we have mse and hukd with mse being broader and covering a lot more things while hukd is just about deals. There are loads of members that cross over both sites happily and I hope the same happens here.

What I don't want is for things to feel competitive or that anyone is subscribing to a 'tribe'. I think it's important to think about how to grow the Irish deals community as a whole - for example there are Irish members of the UK site that don't use the boards here and hopefully they end up finding deals that you guys gain from also.

I guess the important thing to me also is that there is fair play and we don't get divisions between communities also. So if anyone sees deals getting ripped off or dirty play please lmk.

Thanks - Paul

Basq, did you get a job as a mod over there too?

HUKD wrote: »
    I hope it's ok to post in here. Not promo I promise :)

I just wanted to say that I really think HUKD can be complimentary to boards.ie in the same way in the UK we have mse and hukd with mse being broader and covering a lot more things while hukd is just about deals. There are loads of members that cross over both sites happily and I hope the same happens here.

What I don't want is for things to feel competitive or that anyone is subscribing to a 'tribe'. I think it's important to think about how to grow the Irish deals community as a whole - for example there are Irish members of the UK site that don't use the boards here and hopefully they end up finding deals that you guys gain from also.

I guess the important thing to me also is that there is fair play and we don't get divisions between communities also. So if anyone sees deals getting ripped off or dirty play please lmk.

Thanks - Paul

Reported for spamming

Just kidding :D

Just a quick bump to let people know that HUKD.ie is finally picking up some serious speed - we've had over 100 deals posted over the last 4 days.

We have exclusive Irish only deals, voucher codes, freebies and we also have deals more-or-less propagating from HotUKDeals.com for the retailers that ship to Ireland (everyone from Amazon to Argos to The Hut Group to MyMemory etc.) so there's no need to go to HotUKDeals and browse through pages of deals you can't get.

We've also somewhat ahead of the game.. we have had deals on the front-page of HUKD.ie last week which are only reaching HotUKDeals.com front-page today and are then expiring. So if you want the good deals first, I sincerally recommend you keep the site bookmarked and visit regularly.

To encourage some community building and banter, we've a competition running for the next week that every comment on our various deals gets you a entry into a prize draw to win one of 10 vouchers for £10 for Amazon.

I am, of course, still very active here on Bargain Alerts but the same deals I post are going up on HUKD.ie first.

We don't want to have a division between the two sites, and this is why I'm trying to keep up to date with deals on both. But the sheer rate at which they're going up on HUKD.ie is tough to keep up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

is there anywhere on the site where you can highlight UK sites that have special irish sites where you get the benefit of their special conversion rates?

not a specific bargain alert i know but im sure if people realised that what they might be buying is cheaper if they happen to be in the UK they may think twice

if we highlight it enough,it may embarrass these retailers into changing their approach to irish customers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Can't seem to register on the site?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Try registering over on hotukdeals.com. I'm using my account from the UK site on the Irish site.

Leave it with me.. that's bizarre!

EDIT: I registered a test account there just fine.. sent you a PM Padraig Mor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭brophs

Good to see HUKD has made it across the water.

One thing I did notice though was that in the registration email the verification 'link' isn't clickable, you have to copy and paste it. Obviously it's a minor issue but it would make life that little bit easier...

brophs wrote: »
    One thing I did notice though was that in the registration email the verification 'link' isn't clickable, you have to copy and paste it. Obviously it's a minor issue but it would make life that little bit easier...
    Probably depends on your mail client..

.. was certainly clickable in my Gmail account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭brophs

Basq wrote: »
    Probably depends on your mail client..

.. was certainly clickable in my Gmail account.

Odd. I got it in my work email (MS Outlook Web Access) which forwards on to my Yahoo. It wasn't clickable in either. Perhaps it was just one of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I tried to post a bargain on hukd.ie and its not showing up. Whats the story? Basq, I assume you got the mod job, any idea? Is there a threshold of comments required before posting new deals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

bazwaldo wrote: »
    I tried to post a bargain on hukd.ie and its not showing up. Whats the story? Basq, I assume you got the mod job, any idea? Is there a threshold of comments required before posting new deals?

I assume its in moderation queue.

• Advertisement

bazwaldo wrote: »
    You used a comma - put 'tesco,ie' instead of 'tesco.ie' so it couldn't match up to a retailer.

Fixed now! ;)

Advertisement