Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann - easy after service!

• 15-02-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

thought I'd just give some credit where it's due.

I ordered 2 items from Thomann. One wasn't in stock so I figured I'd check if I could swap it for a similar product which was slightly more expensive.

I thought this might be a little problematic.

One phone-call of all of 2 mins was all it took. Just gave em my customer number, the number of the item to take off the order, and the number of the item to replace it with.

and bob's your uncle. that's pretty cool if you ask me. I know you didn't ask me...but I thought I'd tell you anyway.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paligulus1

Yep, I did that recently too. In my case the replacement item was actually cheaper, so they had to refund money. 2min phone call - done!!!

All I thought after was I wish all customer service was that good in Ireland!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

I had to return a DOA mixing desk to them. One email and it was collected and replaced within a week. Great service.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

One wasn't in stock so I figured I'd check if I could swap it for a similar product which was slightly more expensive.

I thought this might be a little problematic.

So you're saying that they allowed you to buy something that was more expensive than the original item... One would think that that would be in their best interest, given that it's a business and all. It's hardly customer service - it's called earning more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Ravelleman wrote: »
    So you're saying that they allowed you to buy something that was more expensive than the original item... One would think that that would be in their best interest, given that it's a business and all. It's hardly customer service - it's called earning more money.

Yes I said that as part of my post.

But clearly (or perhaps not clearly enough for you) that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

The other posters seemed to have got that.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

Well for the past two months I've been trying to explain to them how I was a replacement for a synthesizer I got which doesn't work.

It's the Synthstation 25. If I use it as a normal synth, I can't hear anything from the headphones jack. If I use it as an MIDI it'll allow me to hear what I'm playing, but the headphones have to be in the laptop of course. They told me it's just actually just a MIDI controller. If that was the case there'd be no need for the headphone jack if it doesn't do anything.

Just throwing it out there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Yes I said that as part of my post.

But clearly (or perhaps not clearly enough for you) that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

The other posters seemed to have got that.

So did they charge you the difference for the new item or not? Because you don't actually say that in your original post.

If they did, my point is that it's not customer service. Rather it is an opportunity for them to earn more money from a customer.

If they didn't then that is indeed worthy of praise. But like I said, you didn't actually say that in your post.

Clear and concise is the aim here. The onus is on the original poster to achieve this.

FFS. have you nothing better to do? Pedantic at all? can't believe i'm wasting 2 mins responding to this.

at the risk of sounding like a school teacher, explaining what 2 + 2 is...

Clearly...my point was nothing to do with the fact they took my money. My point was that it only took less than 2 mins to reach someone on the phone, explain the problem and for it to be instantly adjusted. Everyone else seems to have got that except you.

and yes, of course I paid the difference. (that makes good business sense doesn't it). But I expect that they would have done the same had the replacement product been a small bit cheaper (as paligulus1's post above would suggest)

my post was just a small acknowledgement of good customer service. that's all. no doubt there are people who've had bad experiences also. but your posting is nonsensical.

Hardly.

I understood what you said then.

Your point had nothing to do with the fact that they took your money but *mine* did.

I scorned your post because it is not only unbelievably mundane, it´s also not an example of good customer service. It´s a good example of how to earn more money with minimal effort. When the going gets tough, however, their customer service has, upon occasion, not been satisfactory.

Your original post said "swap" not "pay for" so the whole being charged element wasn´t actually part of your post, hence my doubt in the later post.

But it´s good that you´re happy. Really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

I'd like to echo your sentiment OP. I've used them a couple of times in the last few months and find them fantastic every time I deal with them both in terms of service and price/quality. They're a model company IMO. Can't fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Caught wrote: »
    Well for the past two months I've been trying to explain to them how I was a replacement for a synthesizer I got which doesn't work.

It's the Synthstation 25. If I use it as a normal synth, I can't hear anything from the headphones jack. If I use it as an MIDI it'll allow me to hear what I'm playing, but the headphones have to be in the laptop of course. They told me it's just actually just a MIDI controller. If that was the case there'd be no need for the headphone jack if it doesn't do anything.

Just throwing it out there. :)

They're right. It's a midi controller, and a USB soundcard. That's the way they're designed.

• Advertisement

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Hardly.

I understood what you said then.

Your point had nothing to do with the fact that they took your money but *mine* did.

I scorned your post because it is not only unbelievably mundane, it´s also not an example of good customer service. It´s a good example of how to earn more money with minimal effort. When the going gets tough, however, their customer service has, upon occasion, not been satisfactory.

Your original post said "swap" not "pay for" so the whole being charged element wasn´t actually part of your post, hence my doubt in the later post.

But it´s good that you´re happy. Really.

good man.

a fantastically worthwhile contributor to this thread you have been. Jesus for the sake of boards I hope you post well in other forums and safe your tripe for this one.

"Scorning my mundane post" (it was a post about customer service not bleedin astrophysics)...for your sake I hope you're below the age of 20 and female. This is pathetic stuff compadre.

Grow up dude.

maybe we can lock this sorry ass thread for the sake of humanity Mods?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

I agree with you 100% OP, love Thomann! Been using them for years and never a bad experience! Just ordered a new bass late Monday night, when I woke up on Tuesday I had a text saying it was already dispatched! You just dont get that kind of customer service with other companies! :pac:

Revelman, post a link to the USB Midi device you bought and we'l see if anybody can advise you on it. I'm sure its a simple explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Far from being a "mundane" thread it's quite a constructive one!
    People don't normally comment on good service but leave it to comment on bad service.
    I understand where the OP is coming from, it's far from unusual for a transaction-even one where you want to up or add to an order-can be a complete nightmare. A lot of companies do not see that you want to give them more money but see it as an inconvenience to amend or change an order.
    Good service is where a company acts quickly to do what you want them to do, regardless if there is more or less money in it for them.

Good post OP!

Revelman, post a link to the USB Midi device you bought and we'l see if anybody can advise you on it. I'm sure its a simple explanation.

It's not mine.

--

Anyway, I've made my point. Praise should be given where praise is due. In this particular case I view it more cynically. Allowing you to buy something more expensive instead of what they wanted isn't a great example of customer service. Having the item in stock in the first place or sourcing it quickly and sending another package when it isn't in stock is good customer service.

There's a sticky thread all about thomann at the top of the page, regardless. It has everything you could ever need to know.

This is really overblown - enough of the insults. Thx.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Denalihighway, we have a simple rule here on boards.ie - attack the post, not the poster. Resorting to petty insults just reflects badly on you. The next time you do it, you'll be taking a break from this forum

Now, let's get this thread back on topic

yes, my bad.

one gets excited sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'm literally after getting off the phone with Thomann, could not be more pleased with their customer service.

An amp I bought was faulty, and it took me all of 2 seconds to get through to a rep, and 2 minutes later they sent me detailed instructions and a prepaid shipping label to ship it back.

Xmusic on the other hand, they left me waiting over a week to get back to me on replacing a product that I paid for, even though it was faulty from the word go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have been biding my time in answering this thread.

I have had an awful experience with Thomonn. I placed a significant order with them for a guitar, amp & accessories. I also paid €50 for a courier delivery.

5 minutes after placing the order, I realised a mistake with the address, so I filled out their change address form on their site, which didn't work.

I then emailed them twice to change the address - to which I received no response. This all happened prior to Monday morning work hours.

On Monday evening I received an email to say the packages had been sent to the wrong address. I then phoned them to sort out the matter.

They said they would recall the packages and resend to the correct address. I asked for confirmation of this by email - which was not sent. I emailed them twice to confirm the action - no response.

I then got an email from them to say they had resent the packages - but again had listed the wrong address...

After two weeks the parcels have arrived. One of them was sent to the wrong country. The parcels were not sent by courier, but by post.

Due to this (a matter I explained fully to Thomann prior to delivery) I have now incurred extra customs charges, which would have been avoided if the parcels were actually sent by courier as paid for.

I will go home this evening and plug everything in, but the experience has left me reeling. Their communication is appalling and their customer service is appalling once you have paid them the money.

Thomann are an absolutely terrible company to deal with.

Advertisement