Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Uh oh....

Check out their page now...

*hides*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Is Wednesday the 3 for €10 deal in Masons?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Uh oh....

Check out their page now...

*hides*

They must have been reading this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

a few brendan mccanns in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Reading the comments is interesting, anyone else think it funny that one of them is holding two wine bottles im her pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'd imagine the begrudgers were their competitors and the authorities. This thread only highlighted the risks of such a promotion and the points that were well made here would have been the same points that other interested parties would have been making in private.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Ledger wrote: »
    Reading the comments is interesting, anyone else think it funny that one of them is holding two wine bottles im her pic
    I think its funnier that you class bulmers light as a wine:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

kkdela6 wrote: »
    a few brendan mccanns in this thread!

To be fair, it seems the only place where people can vent and complain (rightly or wrongly) without being censored. I for one welcome that while the forum may have certain rules, its fairly open to let people discuss and rant if need be without having their post removed because it doesn't match with the others views. Hence, a discussion board. :)

I personally dislike the complaining, the ranting and the bitching about everything nightlife here from people and there is a fair share of bias and people hiding behind usernames for other clubs/pubs and venues. I think that's disappointing alright and in some circumstances, its expected (but, met with bans when it oversteps the mark).

Its great if Feedback sees a change in how a venue operates. But no, they can't force or cause an idea to be shelved.

oh i fully agree sully, but if this thread is really one of the contributions to the cancellation of the deal, then its really not fair on the people who were looking forward to it.

who knows. they could possibly be dodging a bullet too

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

kkdela6 wrote: »
    oh i fully agree sully, but if this thread is really one of the contributions to the cancellation of the deal, then its really not fair on the people who were looking forward to it.

who knows. they could possibly be dodging a bullet too

I'd say if anything, they were testing the waters. It was never set in stone IMO.

I can't see the same few people here managing to change how they operate. I'd say it was a collective few but Facebook isn't reliable source of information if what people are reporting about comments being removed is true.

• Advertisement

to quote their facebook page;

What do you think!!!????
    Every SUNDAY NIGHT 30 euro Entry and an open Bar all Night LONG!!!
    THATS 3 hours of an open bar!! 10pm-1am

id say your dead right sully. they were clearly looking to see what people thought, and didnt actually have it fully planned or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Mooley22 wrote: »
    I think its funnier that you class bulmers light as a wine:D

Oops haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Is Wednesday the 3 for €10 deal in Masons?

Yes, although last Monday and Thursday were also 3 for €10. Don't know if that's permanent though. There is also a selection of drinks available at 3 for €10 on Fridays and Saturdays (and presumably Sundays).

Adyx wrote: »
    Yes, although last Monday and Thursday were also 3 for €10. Don't know if that's permanent though. There is also a selection of drinks available at 3 for €10 on Fridays and Saturdays (and presumably Sundays).

Thanks! :D

I was just wondering because my schools' grad night is this Wednesday so we'll be off out and sure 3 for €10 is always an added bonus! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Thanks! :D

I was just wondering because my schools' grad night is this Wednesday so we'll be off out and sure 3 for €10 is always an added bonus! :)

School kids? Thank god I'm off!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Harvey's can always do a straight forward promotion, that won't cause hell for the emergency dept in Ardkeen.

How about cocktails for €4 or something like that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I would have given the €30 a go myself but it really would only have been in the interest of science to see how much I could "save" which would lead to being very messy so it's just as well.

To suggest that the dozen or so regular posters on this thread caused that promotion to not go ahead is a little silly TBH.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

SpudsO wrote: »
    Can you not see a good thing when it's hitting you in the face. Stop trying to damage the offer before anybody has even tried it. At least they are trying to do something new and cheap. Surely you can see that it's a really good deal...
    Of course they have to take shots and pint bottles out - they do have to make some money but they are also trying to save the customers money at the same time!!! :)

You'll get allot more respect if you come right out and say you work for Haveys straight away.

I noticed on their facebook page they even used the words "unnessary begrudgery" has stopped them going ahead with it I must admit if that is referring to us that's pretty special.

I wonder could we come up with a good promotion between us? I always liked the idea of something like that everyone is given an artist chosen at random going in (say for arguments sake lady GaGa) and if one of their songs is played then they can go to the bar for a free shot or whatever but it can only be during the song.

One would argue they get enough free publicity and market research as it is, ziedth :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Aw I wanted to run around listening to 80's pop. :(

• Advertisement

Aw I wanted to run around listening to 80's pop. :(

90s ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Looks like the skittles cocktails are on route to crystal nightclub :D

The awkwardness when a bar private messages you to try and get your graduation year to go to their bar.. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sully wrote: »
    90s ftw
    Heathen!
    Elbows22 wrote: »

SOLD!

The awkwardness when a bar private messages you to try and get your graduation year to go to their bar.. >_<

Ha ha, I can even guess where. It's actually a big no no on the site so you can report it.

You know me extra skittles :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

oh really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Lol who was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Be glad you are allowed frequent public houses. After all 6th yrs are mere children... apologies "teenagers" :rolleyes:. You will have far more "awkward" situations to deal with as you pass through life other than the choice of bar you hope to be seen in on a graduation night out. And how American is a graduation nite. Especially when your exams are set to start in a matter of weeks.
    There was a time when the Debs marked the end of a persons secondary school edeucation. Or have we renamed them High Schools in deference to American culture. I really despair for the up and coming generation - self obsessed & media influenced. Be sure to top up the fake tan for the obligatory facebook pic's. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Be glad you are allowed frequent public houses. After all 6th yrs are mere children... apologies "teenagers" :rolleyes:. You will have far more "awkward" situations to deal with as you pass through life other than the choice of bar you hope to be seen in on a graduation night out. And how American is a graduation nite. Especially when your exams are set to start in a matter of weeks.
    There was a time when the Debs marked the end of a persons secondary school edeucation. Or have we renamed them High Schools in deference to American culture. I really despair for the up and coming generation - self obsessed & media influenced. Be sure to top up the fake tan for the obligatory facebook pic's. :o
    Seriously??
    A simple comment about a graduation night out powers this whine?

Advertisement