Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE DUBSTEP/GRIME/DUBPLATE THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Been rinsing Silkie's new album for ages now, this is my favourite tune off of it easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Check this out.

Really liking these.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Saw Tectonic are releasing another compilation and was reminded of this by Mr. Pinch... Sublime :)

Saw TMSV at the top of this page and said I may as well throw this up (when will Boards support Soundcould embedding?):

TMSV - Dem A Talk

CiaranMT wrote: »

I saw Benton play in Dublin on Wednesday night, amazing.

i actually went to go try and catch him play but then i realized how much strangeways has changed and turned back around,stood there and actually heard someone say "i dont want to miss "the" dubstep" hahahaha i useally just go for the artist and the people dont matter . . . . . . but. . . . . jaysus the muppets going in and out of that place

A V A wrote: »
    i actually went to go try and catch him play but then i realized how much strangeways has changed and turned back around,stood there and actually heard someone say "i dont want to miss "the" dubstep" hahahaha i useally just go for the artist and the people dont matter . . . . . . but. . . . . jaysus the muppets going in and out of that place

I still like it, but yeah it's just turned into a trendy spot, but a lot of those people who don't really like dubstep go down to the hip hop room anyways so it's all good. By the end of the night most people in the dubstep room are really into it anyways. :)

Though one night I was talking to some girl about dubstep and I got this "I don't like dubstep, I just go here because all of my friends go here" :pac:.

• Advertisement

or else they "are yipped" out of it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

id love to go but i just cant take the people there anymore, the lads know me from going from when it was in crawdaddy a good while back, but that dam bro step!!!!!!!:mad::mad: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hatred

Is there any real underground dubstep scene in Ireland or more specifically Dublin? I'm talking the more deep stuff that's posted above or the more dub/ragga influenced tunes.

Is there any clubs or nights that play the good dubstep? I've seen lost society and crawdaddy advertise dubstep/grime/etc. nights but I have a feeling its going to be all the skrillex-esque producers.

Here's a little treat for those of you who like the dark ****:

Hatred wrote: »
    Is there any real underground dubstep scene in Ireland or more specifically Dublin? I'm talking the more deep stuff that's posted above or the more dub/ragga influenced tunes.

Is there any clubs or nights that play the good dubstep? I've seen lost society and crawdaddy advertise dubstep/grime/etc. nights but I have a feeling its going to be all the skrillex-esque producers.

Look up Filth Dublin on Facebook, then sometimes you get DJs like Benton playing the other dubstep nights. Benga is due to play soon too.

Yeah I looked them up but that all a bit FILTHy for me. I need less ears bleeding and more head bobbing.

Definitively going to check out benga if he's playing, I've missed too many of the other big names...

Yeah I looked them up but that all a bit FILTHy for me. I need less ears bleeding and more head bobbing.

Definitively going to check out benga if he's playing, I've missed too many of the other big names...

Benga is coming soon, playing the Twisted Pepper in May.

Most of the deeper nights will be put on by the older crews who tend to operate from The Twisted Pepper.

Most lads in Dublin wouldn't know Grime if it kicked them in the bollix to be honest.

dead right above!! alot of the dubstep thats put out now is just hyped as main stream, twisted pepper have good dub plate , dub in-spired dark dubstep beng played at times, and on their sound system is just ou of this world

Goth-Trad is playing soon for the Stangeways Crew.

Should be a good one!

http://www.facebook.com/events/263632607041847/

Goth-Trad is playing soon for the Stangeways Crew.

Should be a good one!

http://www.facebook.com/events/263632607041847/

Yup can't wait for this.

Hopefully I can go!

Here's a short enough mix I made for those that like the deep dark dubstep:

http://soundcloud.com/lethal-dosage/dark-room-mix-2

Features: Skream, Pinch, Distance, Vex'd, Ramadanman, Burial, Caspa and Plastician.

Turn the lights out, light a spliff and enjoy. :D

• Advertisement

Here's a short enough mix I made for those that like the deep dark dubstep:

http://soundcloud.com/lethal-dosage/dark-room-mix-2

Features: Skream, Pinch, Distance, Vex'd, Ramadanman, Burial, Caspa and Plastician.

Turn the lights out, light a spliff and enjoy. :D

Thanks for that man, sweet mix.

:D

edit: Any chance you could put a download link to that, man?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

If you haven't seen yet, Lost is giving away Dirty Bandit for free for hitting 4k likes. Anyone interested:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wbvcaevcujbm593

seanbmc wrote: »
    Thanks for that man, sweet mix.

:D

edit: Any chance you could put a download link to that, man?

Made it downloadable for you. You can get it from the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

A V A wrote: »
    ^^ sick of yur wan!!!

Indeed, especially sick of all the ****ty remixes.

Standard Crew's Major Grave recently did a mix of original productions for Grime Forum. Some amazing tunes in here.

http://www.grimeforum.com/headline/introducing-dj-and-producer-major-grave-free-mix

• Advertisement

^^

Got that off Chemical the other day, both sides are just great fun to mix.

Advertisement