Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computerised Tills

• 20-02-2012 9:52pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was going to lob this into Computers and Technology, but this has more to do with building and hardware issues than anything else. Basically I have been trying to troubleshoot touch screen tills like you would see running in any shop.

The machines in question I'm having a little trouble with runs Windows XP. All is working fine bar the touch screen, after spending an entire day getting it this to a working state. It basically has an E1 board and nothing really tricky to get ones head around, but it's wrecking my head as the problem seems to be: 'Com port not attached'. I've poored over the hardware issues, replacing components and checking them in other machines to ensure they work and they do.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing, a silly little problem. I can't quite figure it out at the moment. I've tried downloading vendor drivers and may spend tomorrow morning doing much of the same to see what happens.

Anyone have any ideas regarding what I maybe missing or should check for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Anyone have any ideas regarding what I maybe missing or should check for?
    Did you check if the com port was attached?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

While it might seem like the done thing to do, I have checked and my efforts have been to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

While it might seem like the done thing to do, I have checked and my efforts have been to no avail.
    And a reboot didn't fix it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Nope. I'm replacing a few more components tomorrow and giving new drivers a lash to see if it works as it should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

is the com port enabled in the bios settings?

• Advertisement

Yeah it worked. Required one or two parts being changed out and a few bios settings altered.

Advertisement