Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I see your kip and raise you 65k for this glorified cowshed

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=142217
    Interesting Stone Cottage With All the Challenges on Picturesque Site of Over ½ Acre
    That's one way to put it I guess :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

Bijou living in Kimmage, with extremely handy showering facilities!
    VkU1VTxhLczi6ZR3VShhcbi0kbzd5xhGXyrPXh9Z7S1tPWRhZnQmaD00MDA=.jpg

Long long time lurker on boards, just had to post on this thread. Some of the pictures on daft are just comedy gold. Number one though goes to the crying chair:
    yAqxyxIv07jKgYBSZXgtqv0mXpbtXx9ZYe-c7zRcEM1tPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

I see your cowshed and raise you a similar glorified cowshed

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=461908

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

That's gone up to 75k since you posted, demand must have skyrocketed when the boards.ie masses seen it. :pac:

In all seriousness though, that's a nice reminder of the boom (was entered sep 2006).

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jeep

Santa is dead in the bedroom :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

darragh16 wrote: »

3 bedrooms :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Just been looking around on Daft a bit more and figured I'd take a looksee at Dublin's finest 'studio' apartments...

FFS in all seriousness these things should be made illegal. Prisoners get better living conditions. Mold on the walls, the jacks door right beside you bed and the ability to open your 3rd hand 1980s gas oven WHILE IN BED!

They're friggen tiny.... I can't imagine living in one.

I think you'd just spend all day in the obligatory hard-back 'crying chair' they all seem to have wondering what you did to deserve THAT!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

that place in the op gives me images of what fritzel's basement must have been like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭nosey rosie

Meh... with the over-supply of flats now, you could give them away with a burger now, and no-one would want them :(

If there's such an over supply, how the hell can landlords and letting agencies get away with charging such ridiculous prices. To be honest, a south Dublin home with three bedrooms isn't worth E1,200 a month. MAYBE 800 or so...

I guess once people are willing to pay.... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

I guess once people are willing to pay....

Its exactly why so many got screwed buying houses and are now in negative equity. Went in with their eyes closed, and now cry about it.

There is still some awful sh1te out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Kersh wrote: »
    Its exactly why so many got screwed buying houses and are now in negative equity. Went in with their eyes closed, and now cry about it.
    In before Allison...

Check out Titanic Cottage!

"She's going under captain!!" :rolleyes::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Hmmm....
    ad wrote:
    "Need of repair"

Really? You think? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Check out this splendid example of interior decorating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

3 BEDROOMS!?

If I thought I'd be able to make 30k "making that,"
    I'd have done it long ago.
    I've made more structurally sound things in Metalwork,
    And I gave that up in Junior Cert...
    Might take it up again..

Originally Posted by darragh16 viewpost.gif
    Ehhhh

Sure knows how to sell a house,
    Quality picture,
    Imagine what it looks like inside!

Browzing now,
    Looking for places in Limrick for next year,
    Got to love places that have an electric oven as their only picture :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sold!! to stevie wonder

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Check out Titanic Cottage!

"She's going under captain!!" :rolleyes::eek:

The daft photoshop operator didn't cop that the front garden is on a slope! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

If daft could do one thing to improve their site it would be allowing comments to be made on properties. Then we could tell the owners how fúckin stupid they are being with their prices

smk89 wrote: »
    If daft could do one thing to improve their site it would be allowing comments to be made on properties. Then we could tell the owners how fúckin stupid they are being with their prices

You can, just send a message to the agent!

• Advertisement

You can, just send a message to the agent!

I mean like a public board. That would be fun and drive house prices down right there

I mean like a public board. That would be fun and drive house prices down right there

It would be good, but I just can't see it ever being done.

Just wait until the sold prices* are released, then everyone will see just how silly many of the asking prices are.

*If it ever gets done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

My friend had a house once, it was shaped in a circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

That would be great. I always thought there should be message boards to warn people over rogue landlords and tenants too and give them a score, similar to sellers on eBay. Landlords who are decent (snigger :P) would get more business that way and problem landlords/tenants could be identified. It should be very similar to eBay which manages its feedback and scores very well without descending into silly mud-slinging.

Daft should have a certain standard too. They do seem to allow properties which should be condemned to be advertised.

Daft should have a certain standard too. They do seem to allow properties which should be condemned to be advertised.

Those, are sites with a ruin on. ;)

That would be great. I always thought there should be message boards to warn people over rogue landlords and tenants too and give them a score, similar to sellers on eBay. Landlords who are decent (snigger :P) would get more business that way and problem landlords/tenants could be identified. It should be very similar to eBay which manages its feedback and scores very well without descending into silly mud-slinging.

(<.<) (>.>)

Patent Pending

Agreed. Such chancers should be outed in a public forum. Amazing some of the absolute dives some individuals expect others to live in and for not inconsiderable sums of money. Seems to be a pre-63 thing in Dublin, and there is very little legislation enforcing minimum standards in such properties. Surely in this day and age a shower/kitchen/livingroom/bedroom set-up should be illegal?! :confused:

Agreed. Such chancers should be outed in a public forum. Amazing some of the absolute dives some individuals expect others to live in and for not inconsiderable sums of money. Seems to be a pre-63 thing in Dublin, and there is very little legislation enforcing minimum standards in such properties. Surely in this day and age a shower/kitchen/livingroom/bedroom set-up should be illegal?! :confused:
    I believe that bedsits are soon to be outlawed, either this year or next!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

peasant wrote: »
    Check out this splendid example of interior decorating

When did Sligo become a city???

the interior, looks like something you would make on the Sims

• Advertisement

I believe that bedsits are soon to be outlawed, either this year or next!

AFAIK its just those bedsits with shared bathroom facilities. Nothing on minimum square footage or shower in the livingroom/kitchen bull****; plus ca change.

'The package will see a phasing-out of the traditional bedsits by insisting that each rental unit have its own sanitary facilities.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement